Manchester City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frutty

Reaction score
Why were they so **** before the new owners came and took over?

Because they couldn't spend billions on players ? ......

they weren't ****.

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

they were a great team in the 70's

I wouldn't say they were so **** to be honest, they had some pretty class players before the takeover, which happened on deadline day, and their first signing was robinho... players they signed before the takeover in that window were Jo, Shaun Wright Phillips, Tal Ben Haim, Vincent Kompany, Pablo Zabaleta... but even before those they still had a pretty decent team... Michah Richards, Steven Ireland, Geovanni was immense, so was Elano and Martin Petrov, Richard Dunne was a tank at the back.. and they had the likes of Joey Barton, and Benjani, who was in pretty decent form back then.

So to say they were **** before the new owners is a bit disrespectful to Man City imo.

In the last 2-3 years before the new owners they were 'ok', mid-table club, but before that, they were ****, ain't it?
And sorry, I don't mean no disrespect, I am confident even my team was **** at a point, but Manchester City was too much over-shadowed by United.

lets not forget they also set the english attendance record before the new owners, one of the most stupis=d questions i've ever been asked :S

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

we won the treble in 99 and dominated english football in that period. its like asking why espanyol are overshadowed by barcalona at the moment

Why are your threads so *****?!

Answer me that one!

Biyatch!

Status
Not open for further replies.