Bollo

Reaction score
Hi all just started a game with Manchester United and have been given ?12million transfer budget. Ideally I need a new CB with Vidic and Rio leaving. A new CM either a BWM or BBM doesn't matter and if possible a beast of a AMR who can play as insdide forward straight away. I play a 4-2-3-1 formation.

B2B..L.Fer from Norwich hes a beast!!
CB...J.Okore, Balanta. John Stones.

Put Balanta (CB) on your shortlist so if anyone bids then you won't miss out, but IMO I wouldn't buy a CB with Utd for the first season as Jones and Vidic is a brilliant CB pairing alone, then the 2nd season get in Balanta.

Play Fellaini BWM, focus on creativity in your team. You've also got Nick Powell who can (depending on his PA in your save) turn into a monster. For AMR play Kagawa (unless your'e playing him AML). Your budget is tiny for a club the size of Man Utd's though, so I'd just spend the whole thing on one player. Drop Rooney to AMC, Mata AMR and Kagawa AML, then spend heavily after the season on quality players.

Need more than 2 CBs to win the league ;)

And play Januzaj at AML! He becomes immense if he is played! Play Rooney as Treq or SS behind RVP/Hernandez/Welbeck. Nani and Valencia can still perform AMR but not consistently.

AMR - Farfan - 12.75 release clause, I sold Valencia for 17 to Arsenal and Farfan was a top top replacement.

Shaqiri is the best winger you can get at the start of the game, I'd definitely recommend him

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I always get balanta at beginning of game so got a year of vidic or rio tutoring him and play him in the odd games

Shaqiri is the best winger you can get at the start of the game, I'd definitely recommend him

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Don't think he's that great and not worth it unless he's transfer listed.

James Rodriguez is better IMO

Been offered ?20m from PSG for Hernandez, worth the deal and then re-invest in the team that way. Should be able to increase budget also as got ?200K over wage budget :) Is Volland any good as AMR inside forward?
Balenta I usually get in other games gone by thought I would try someone else. Considering selling Vidic since he won't sign a new contract and Napoli have offered ?4.2million and Chelsea ?8m. Have turned down Chelsea though due to being a rival. Powell is out on loan so can't play him.
Any more suggestions guys. Great ones so far though. Thanks

First season you already got Rio, Vidic, Jones, Smalling and Evans so keep them. Buy Eder Alvarez Balanta (I managed to get him for 6.5) and make sure you put a Season long loan back length. He'll come back in like October/November the season after. Let Vidic and Rio leave after your first year. Use Fellaini and Carrick in CM for sure. There's this guy called Lucas Romero who is an awesome young CM who can be a BWM, DLP and BBM.

Other CBs worth looking at are Doria, Umtiti, Nkoulou, Inigo Martinez, Martins Indi, Mangala. You'll want a more physical/aerial defender to replace Vidic and partner Jones, so probably either Doria or Mangala?

DO NOT sell Valencia, mate! Especially if you're planning to use a 442.

Do not sell Valencia or Chicharito you can sell RVP for ?40m use Chicharito and Rooney Welbeck back up then sell Welbeck next season and use Angelo Hernandez.
Michael Keane is a good cb/rb i always sign him for mid table teams and sell him for ?10-20m

I'd sign Doria for CB or you could try hold off for a season and maybe sign Caulker 2nd season, Jones & Smalling should provide enough cover aswell as Michael Keane having the ability to play in some games against the smaller teams. I'd keep Valencia but Hernandez is replaceable i'd take the money for him and maybe even punt Tom Cleverley (personal opinion only can get around 20m for him) Don't sign Shaqiri I believe there are better options out there and Valencia is definately a better option and he can cover in right back if needed aswell. You should solve the left back position before you deal with CB and ask your board for more money I'm sure they would give you it.

Great feedback thank you. Will update all who I buy and sell. Does anyone have any experience of getting extra funds from club if asked as there is ?75million in the bank so surely they should be able to increase transfer budget :)

Well I needed like half a million to complete a transfer in the first season so requested it, thinking 'Oh they will just give me enough to cover the cost of this next one'

They gave me 35 million!?

Is Volland any good as AMR inside forward?
B

Volland is a beast there, and also has time to grow, I have him at AJax and he's just scored 4 againt Shakhtar. For 12.75Mil, he's a bargain!

20+ goals and assists for 3 seasons running says YES.

What I wanted to stress is that there are many other better options out there and perhaps for less money. Someone already mentioned Volland for example who's got the additional advantage of being younger.

CB- Balanta, Doria, Papadoupoulus, Bellusci, Strandberg.
CM- Romero, Wanyama, Bender, DIAME
RW- Insigne, Shaqiri