CoachBlakeS

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!
View attachment 1074523
I have decided to start a new journey. I created my manager (Blake Semp) and started the save unemployed. I went on Holiday until June 30th 2016 and I am going to take charge of Manchester United just before the 2016/17 season. This should be interesting as I will be inheriting a new squad and try to have a successful career at my favorite club. I wanted to start from this date as the 2016/17 Barclays Premier League Season has just begun and Manchester United are flying with new manager Jose Mourinho and new signings such as Paul Pogba and Zlatan Ibrahimovic, I want to see how I can do in this current year.

If you like the sound of this story then keep checking for updates and see how I go!

I am fairly new to FM15 so might not do amazing but I will do my best. Please feel free to give me tips/advice on anything related to the game - such as tactics, good young players, or any tips you know! Your help would be appreciated

Stay tuned for the next update when I finish simulating the holiday and we check out our squad we will be working with! Exciting times :)

Last edited:
The Beginning

It is now June 30th 2016 and I have taken over as the new Manager of Manchester United.
I have been given a one year contract (until June 2017) on $96,000 per week - not too bad for my first managerial job
:p.
Ryan Giggs will be my Assistant Manager which is fantastic as Giggsy is a player/person who I highly respect as he has done so much for our club.

iuHpuc.png

I am a little dissapointed with our lack of transfer funds but I am happy to work with the squad I am inheriting in my first season and progress on from there as there are a number of new faces in the squad.

The owners want me to
A) Play attacking football- which is something I am all for
B) Develop players using the clubs youth system - I am happy to do this just not really sure how to yet so will need your guys help!
Here is a look at how the club currently stands within world football in relation to their past success:
wewDHJ.png

Chelsea FC were the winner of the 2016 Barclays Premier League season so they will probably be title contenders alongside us.
Ryan Giggs provided me with a Squad Report and said that Juan Mata is currently our best player.

The inherited squad is as follows:

Goalkeepers:
Victor Valdes and David De Gea

Defenders:
Daley Blind, Jan Vertonghen, Vedran Corluka, Chris Smalling, Phil Jones, Marcos Rojo, Jonny Evans, Mateo Mussachio, Ricardo Rodriguez, Daniel Alves and Luke Shaw

Midfielders:
Jordy Clasie, Marouane Fellaini, Adnan Januzaj, Angel Di Maria, Nani, Joao Moutinho, Ander Herrera and Juan Mata

Attackers:
Wayne Rooney, Falcao and Javier Hernandez

I beleive that we have a great squad and with the addition of one or two more players we could become World Class! Let me know who you think I should sign although I do have a couple of players in mind.
My next post will look at tactics and my First XI - please feel free to give me ideas!

Tactis

I decided to promote two players from the Under 21s, two players who have impressed me in real life:
Marcus Rashford and Andreas Pereria.

After spending a long time looking and comparing at my players I have picked my best eleven. This season I am going to be using two different tactics. The first one was shared by vinhtran810 in the Tactics Thread and the second formation is one that I made on my own during a lecture at university haha.

Tactic One:

JElK4P.png

Tactic Two:

NDXrgd.png

As you can see my starting XI is:

De Gea, D.Alves, Mussacchio, Vertonghen, Rodriguez, Moutinho, Blind, Mata, Di Maria, Nani and Falcao.

The hardest decision was leaving out Manchester United legend Rooney and commanding CB Chris Smalling.
I left Rooney out because from my previous experiences, Falcao is a better 9 than Rooney and I had to pick Vertonghen and Mussacchio over Smalling too simply because they are better players in the game although I am a big fan of Chris Smalling so he will certainly get game time this season!

This deal was done before I took the job and confirmed just now. Not sure if I would have done this as I like Januzaj and don't really need another right back although Montoya is a decent young "ish" player.

RtJDrQ.png

Here is how our Pre-Season schedule looks:

QET2YH.png

Unfortunately Mata has threatened to leave the club unless we bring in new players and Javier Hernandez (who was a sub anyway) is refusing to sign a new contract and therefore will leave on contract expiry for free.

Pre Season Continued

Players Out:
McNair to Crystal Palace for $7.59 Million
Lingard to Ipswich on Loan
Joel Pereira to Brentford on Loan
Javier Hernandez end of contract for free

Players In:
Michy Batshuayi from Marsielle for $11.25 million

Results:
38z9FL.png

Mata scored a fantastic free kick and Falcao was obviously dangerous scoring twice. Obita was surprisingly good for Reading, not quite good enough to play for United though.

GVBaXG.png

Debut goal for Batshuayi and Nani played his first game after returning from the Euro's and also scored, Sane was a threat.

A number of players are threatening to leave the club to play European Football - Mata, Di Maria, Rooney and De Gea all want to leave, so I am doing everything I can trying to convince them to stay as they are all key first team players!

Pre Season Continued

Players Out:

Fosu-Mensah on Loan to SC Heerenveen

Results:

NNedgC.png

I have no excuse for my first loss. We simply didn't play well enough. Rooney did well when he came on in the second half for the non existent Mata. We need more consistency but I guess that why it's pre-season! At least we are consistently scoring goals.

YKuSc6.png

A better result and a better performance. Look at these stats:

E8uZdc.png

Impressive aye?

Pre Season Continued

The Europa League Qualifier has been drawn and we will be facing Hamilton Academical of Scotland.

_44867423_hamilton_203.gif

Results:

1I22H9.png

The first game we have played without scoring, however against the opposition it was a fairly acceptable result.

Player Out:
James Wilson on a season long loan to Sunderland

Now time for my first competitive game as manager of Manchester United, the Europa League Qualifier First Leg, the game will be played away.

N5AVyb.png

We left it late but it was a good result. We absolutely dominated the match and Falcao made a big difference near the end when he came on for Batshuayi getting the assist for Di Maria.

Xx9lJk.png

Another game another win. Yet again Falcao impressed but he picked up another injury. Good to see defender Vertonghen score as well, he will be a constant threat from set pieces this season.

Pre Season Continued

Now time for the crucial second leg against Hamilton hoping we can qualify for the Europa League!

Here is the team I have selected:

HSzwJr.png

xLgH5u.png

At halftime we are 2-0 up thanks to a Mata double, one of which was a free kick! He has been on and off in pre-season but when he is playing well he is unstoppable!

Final Result:

ZmjzZx.png

Pure domination in the second half. Mata stole the show in the first half but in the second it was the Argentines times to shine, Di Maria bagging a brace. Moutinho made in 5 at the end of the game following up after another Juan Mata freekick that this time hit the crossbar. A fantastic result, my first two competitive games could not have gone better winning 1-0 and then 5-0 in my first home game, the perfect start?!

Rooneys Testimonial

The final game of pre-season is one we have been looking forward to, a celebration of the man, the myth, the legend Wayne Rooney. He has been a fantastic player since his first game at the club. Lets take a look at what he has achieved:

kX9su3.png

On a side note, I misunderstood our last European Qualifier as I have more qualifiers to play - our next Euro Qualifier will be at home against Qarabag Agdam.

Player In:

Louis Reed from Sheffield United for $8.5 million

46uEDF.png

I decided to sign the young midfielder for a number of reasons.
1) Obviously as you can see from his stats he has the potential to become a great player in the future
2) I needed more English players in my squad
3) I didn't have a lot of money left and wanted to sign another player before the end of the transfer window.

Club Captain Announcement:

Captain: Wayne Rooney
Vice-Captain: David De Gea

Here is how the teams lineup for Rooneys Testimonial v Everton:

9F4ObX.png

Just a comment - It is funny how Everton signed two of the worst centre backs ever to play in the EPL haha - Coloccini and Demichelis.

SopONa.png

The game finished 1-0. Unfortunately Rooney didn't score but it was good to see his understudy Marcus Rashford score his first goal for the First Team. Wonder if he can be as good in the game as he is doing in real life?

Season Begins!

Finally the season is about to get underway and my first game is in the league against Crystal Palace at home.

Here is how the teams line up:

vZ3tR4.png

Our ex player Javier Hernandez starts up front for them, that would be a great signing in real life! Also McNair on loan from United is at centre back. I picked my strongest possible eleven also making the decision to start Falcao over Batshuayi, both impressed in pre-season but I had to choose one up front.

I just realized 20 minutes into the game that I started Valdes over De Gea haha so I just subbed him on.

qovqCQ.png

A great start to the season, Falcao scored two penalties - great decision by the manager.