Sqhuacky

Reaction score
Long run career with Manchester United.

(My apologies for bad english during this article)​
Background
For as long as I can remember I have been a fan of Manchester United. To see the team over the last couple of years (included the last title season) have been frustrating at times. United looks boring and weak often.. I usually play FM with lower rep teams than my favourite team for obvious reasons, but I suddenly decided to start a long run career with The Red Devils.(6)

Goals
My goals from the start of the game was to make the whole club a real force. To make the youth system unique and powerfull (develop youth teams/players for attacking football from the very start), winning the league by the second season and the Champions League by the third season, expanding Old Trafford as soon as possible and to get rid of the club's debt at some point (it's a huge debt, so I have no clue how long it will take).

Philosophies
I wanted my team to play attacking minded possesion football, and wanted that printed in the head of every player in the club, starting at youth level. So I made board request's for possesion football, attacking football and give youth a chance.

I made a philosophy for my self regarding transfers. For every other transfer to the senior squad, we should sign one youth/hot prospect player, to assure quality for the future.

Tactics
Tactically I more or less stole the tactical foundation made by "Passion 4 Football Manager" in the articles regarding Barcelona's tiki taka mentality. I used the base of those tactic's with some minor tweaks (obviously because of the players available), and implemented them on the youth squad aswell.

Barcelona Tiki Taka Tactics | Football Manager 2015 Possession Tactic | Passion for Football Manager
View attachment 232071
(Picture is from near the end of first season)

Transfers
I will make this short. For this spesific tactical approach I felt that I needed more creativity and speed up front, and some passing skills in the centre back position and of course wingbacks for the right flank.

Players in:
- Memphis Depay (PSV); 22M pounds, some more if he reaches 20 internationals etc. maximum 28M pounds. Inside forward.
- Dani Carvajal (Real Madrid); 32M pounds, if you include the value of Rafael. I did a swap and some additional cash.
- Gabriel Barbosa (Santos);
10M pounds. His starting stats really matched what I want for my false 9!
- Kenedy (Fluminese); 21,5M pounds, maximum. 10 up front and some if he reaches league goals and int. caps.
- Lucas Romero (Vélez); 5,75M pounds. Superb stats for DLP (CM or CDM). Cheap!
- Éder Balanta (River); 14,25M pounds. 5 up front + rest spread 48 months. CB with a lot of qualities! Needed a left footed.
- Youri Tielemans (Anderlecht); 2,5M pounds,+ 9M over 24 months

Players out:
- Rafael - Real Madrid; A swap for Dani Carvajal.
- Ashley Young - Swansea;
10M pounds.
- Ben Amos - Southampton
- Johnny Evans - Newcastle
+ A lot of players on loan.

Robin Van Persie
didn't deliver for my, so I got rid of him later on.

Last edited:
INSANE!

Manchester United is already a massive force! Two words.. Memphis Depay
I have to say.. he is overpowered! I have never had a player scoring so many league goals in the English Premier League! But again.. The tactics from passion4fm is ridiculous!

View attachment 231781

My team crushed almost everybody every game, some bad results but nothing to cry about!

View attachment 231780

And then Memphis just over did every thing the second season... again with a crazy tean effort! winning about everything! (You guys must think that it's save-load-proceed-save-load-quit-load all season.. but I promise you this tactics work!)

View attachment 231782

View attachment 231779

Some minor squad issues..

Wayne Rooney
SOME HELP PLEASE!

Do you guys think it will be difficult to get rid of Wayne Rooney? He doesn't fit my philosophy anymore as a false 9. He doesn't score or assist much, and do not react so well to post match team talks (every body else reacts very good).

So, the problem.. as he is my captain and a legend player for the club, aswell as a hero for the fans, will it be a risky move to try to sell him?

Wayne Rooney
SOME HELP PLEASE!

Do you guys think it will be difficult to get rid of Wayne Rooney? He doesn't fit my philosophy anymore as a false 9. He doesn't score or assist much, and do not react so well to post match team talks (every body else reacts very good).

So, the problem.. as he is my captain and a legend player for the club, as well as a hero for the fans, will it be a risky move to try to sell him?

Let him go, unfortunately he just doesn't suit a lot of people's Man Utd philosophy including mine, I stupidly held onto him, teams will buy him especially Arsenal, Real Madrid and Chelsea depending on your save.

Get rid of Rooney ASAP he isn't the player he was, especially after the first season as his stats start to drop rapidily. Chelsea will usually come in for him but don't worry about the price just getting those wages off your books will help your finances.