PaulyGee1981

Reaction score
I have a budget of probably about £40m although not actually agreed new budget yet as only just finished the last season. I know that defence was my issue last season after taking over at United when Fergie retired.

I am going in to the 2014/15 season having just finished a point behind Arsenal in the League, getting beat by them in the QF of the CL and winning the FA Cup. I expect the board will want a simialr push for the League title again as well as at least SF in the CL.

My squad already has j Evans, Rio and Vidic (both coming to the end of their careers), Tolou, Muniesa plus Rodwell and Matip who can cover but not preferred position.

Phil Jones will not even enter contract talks with me after having an offer accepted and have a £12m deal for Boyata agreed but I am not sure how good he actually is or will turn out to be.

Any suggestions?

well get sakho and papadopoulous from shalke then buy a decent CM

Otamendi, Shawcross, Kjaer, Hummels, Wilson,....

Boyata usually turns out well, I don't think you really need another defender tbh.

Rafael Varane usually becomes amazing for me, starts of at lens and is very cheap, depending on where he is.