Manchester United - Fallen Giants

rryanwilliams

Reaction score
logo-png.577752

New appointment.png

A new era after the departure of Ralf Rangnick, as Williams takes over for the 21/22 season. As a United fan myself (unfortunately), I'm hoping this will be a long process of rebuilding the club back to Premier League champions and challenging for the UCL again.

Culture.png

The main aims I want to challenge myself in this save is matching with the club's culture. I will mainly focus on signing Under-23 players, playing attacking football and developing players through the youth system. We are projected 4th, but I think we could aim higher this season with the new signings we have brought in.

Tactic.png

This is how I'll mainly play throughout the season, varying to a 4-2-4, or even trying a 3 at the back some games. But with the depth up front and the wings I'd like to make use of the 1/2 strikers with wingers.

Watch this space, next update: Pre season & Summer 21/22 transfers

Attachments

• Logo.png
    Logo.png
    297.7 KB · Views: 493
Pre-Season 2021

With already the additions of Sancho, Varane, and the return of Cristiano Ronaldo, I didn't think there was much more needed to improve the squad, but only to add some depth and see which youngsters needed more development at other teams or could be moved up to the first team.

transfers in.png
transfers out.png

I was happy with the outgoings, selling most of the people that weren't in my plans for this season, while Adeyemi was my first signing as manager with bags of potential. Luis Diaz being one of my bigger signings, with great stats as a winger who will play on the left, which sees Sancho playing on the right. Milinkovic-Savic was my most expensive one, who can slot alongside Pogba, or even play in place of Bruno Fernandes in some games. Kvaratskhelia also had great potential, and was sent back to Rubin to continue his development.

results.png

Pre-season had some solid results, players didn't really need time to get familiar with a tactic they were already used to. Most of the key players were still on holiday for the majority of pre-season however, leaving me with having to play Dean Henderson in the midfield against Gambas Avenue, and 38 year old Lee Grant at centre back, who managed to bag a goal himself.

grant goal.png

August 2021

The Premier League had me predicted as finishing third which wasn't too bad, but I'd still be aiming for the title however.

preview.png

results.png

A great start as the new Manchester United manager, scoring 14 goals in the first 4 games while only conceding 2. It was basically a Ronaldo & Bruno show, with Ronaldo picking up 4 goals against Wolves on his second debut for the club, and Bruno collecting 4 assists. This leaved us in 1st place undoubtedly, as the Player of the Month award went to Ronaldo on his return to England. Seven goals in total for August, whilst Bruno had 9 goal involvements which could be argued that he deserved it more.

potm.png

The Carabao Cup 3rd round and UCL groups were also drawn this month, giving me not the easiest of fixtures in both competitions. Aston Villa won't be a walkover by any means with their additions of Buendia, Coutinho, Digne & more. The UCL group will also be difficult with arguably the toughest teams out of Pot 3 and Pot 4.

carabao 3rd.png

ucl group.png

September will be a busy month and a challenging one for us too, as we have to play Liverpool, Inter, & Man City within the space of a week.

september fixt.png

September 2021

So the beginning of September involved an international break before a busy week returning to the Premier League.

results.png

A great start hammering our rivals Liverpool with a great display from Varane, who scored 2 goals this game. Then a tough trip away to Milan where we only picked up a point which was a fair result. Our first defeat of the season then came to Man City, after Milinkovic-Savic was sent off after 18 minutes leaving us with little up front after rotating around, and Bruno only getting a consolation in the 94th minute. Our start of season form then returned against Watford, with Ronaldo picking up another 4 goals himself.

7 games.png

After seven games this leaves us at the top of the table with a hefty goal difference, but only having played a game extra to a few other teams. Hopefully going into October we can continue our form from the end of last month, as well as continuing our Carabao Cup run.

carabao 4th.png

A tough draw as we're away to City, hoping to avenge the loss from September. Maybe without getting an 18th minute red card this time.​