Josh362

Reaction score
Alright lads,

Having just started a Man Utd save (as I do on every FM), I thought I?d make this thread as a chance for other people who are using Man Utd, to share their experiences and bounce ideas off each other.

For example..

Any good signings you?ve made?
Little tips? i.e. Corner takers or corner instructions
Player roles?
Tactics?
Who to sell/buy?

Hope everyone is enjoying it as much as I am!

I signed Lazar Markovic from Benfica for about 8.5million pounds, he's been a beast so far. I'm in Feb 2014 and he's already bagged 10 goals/9 assists in 25 matches. Santon as backup leftback has been okay, but he got injured and out for three months and I'm back to Fabio as backup for now. Pjanic I got for 11.5mil, 4 goals 7 assists in about 20 matches.

only major sale was Nani to Chelsea but looks like he's banging in the goals for them! the other noteworthy ones have been Buttner to PSV (4.2mil), Macheda to Wigan (1m). ALMOST sold Smalling to Chelsea but they didn't give me enough upfront to invest in a replacement so I held on to him for the time being.

I'm playing 4-2-3-1 btw!

Last edited:
bought Kyle Walker as RB.. hes a beast! has 8 appearances so far and his avg rating is 8.31. i managed to sell Young, Cleverly, ben Amos and Evans. i bought in Varane (7 appearances 7.89 avg rating), walker, and Thiago( 5 Appearences 7.15 avg rating). View attachment 462485

bought Kyle Walker as RB.. hes a beast! has 8 appearances so far and his avg rating is 8.31. i managed to sell Young, Cleverly, ben Amos and Evans. i bought in Varane (7 appearances 7.89 avg rating), walker, and Thiago( 5 Appearences 7.15 avg rating). View attachment 401058

How much were Varane and Thiago to buy mate?

bought Kyle Walker as RB.. hes a beast! has 8 appearances so far and his avg rating is 8.31. i managed to sell Young, Cleverly, ben Amos and Evans. i bought in Varane (7 appearances 7.89 avg rating), walker, and Thiago( 5 Appearences 7.15 avg rating). View attachment 401058

how did you manage to sell young,can't seem to get rid of him

btw could anyone recommend me a good left footed left winger. i don't want to spend a ludicrous amount so probably maximum 23 mill

I can't remember if he's left footed but I got Sanchez from Barca for ?19mil and he can play AML

RVP to take corners, play to front post and have a tall player attack it. Works quite well without being ridiculous!

Also Valencia is very good for me assist wise!

I have been using Michael Keane as a 1st team regular & Tom Lawrence as a fringe 1st teamer in my 1st Season with Utd. Both doing a really superb job. M. Keane is a great replacement for Smalling and you can get 15m for him easy.

btw could anyone recommend me a good left footed left winger. i don't want to spend a ludicrous amount so probably maximum 23 mill

Nicolas Gaitan is usually transfer listed at start of game for ?7m. Left footed and can play on both sides, performing well for me (Liverpool) and has doubled his value. First season he had 32 apps, 14 goals and 10 assists.

Don't really need to purchase a RB in my opinion, You've got Rafa best RB on the game also Jones and Smalling are more than capable of playing RB and playing very well in that position.

?30m for Valencia? Do I sell or keep?

Very tempting offer but I've heard from numerous people he's a beast

?30m for Valencia? Do I sell or keep?

Very tempting offer but I've heard from numerous people he's a beast
Keep him and try to sell Nani and Young, Valencia has been banging goals for me, and I played him as Winger (Support)!

Erm, what is the most suitable role for van Persie? I've been using him as a Deep Lying Forward, as guides say that that is his best position due to his lack of speed, but he just keep assisting! I've Rooney with the False 9 job, so I'm trying to find a position for van Persie to score. I heard Poacher needs great speed (Like Chicharito). So, can anyone recommend? Please recommend me Welbeck's perfect tactical role too.

Thanks!

Keep him and try to sell Nani and Young, Valencia has been banging goals for me, and I played him as Winger (Support)!

Erm, what is the most suitable role for van Persie? I've been using him as a Deep Lying Forward, as guides say that that is his best position due to his lack of speed, but he just keep assisting! I've Rooney with the False 9 job, so I'm trying to find a position for van Persie to score. I heard Poacher needs great speed (Like Chicharito). So, can anyone recommend? Please recommend me Welbeck's perfect tactical role too.

Thanks!
Eh, Welbeck is ok-ok in this years FM. Not like lat year, where he was pretty good. I generally play him on AML, as a substitute's substitute.

van Persie, you're spoilt for option. I've found him to be the best as a TM or a Poacher. In both roles, he bagged 30+ goals for me in the first season. Ofc, with any role, you have to tweak tactics to get the best out of players.. I find that a 4-2-3-1 works best for both roles.

Eh, Welbeck is ok-ok in this years FM. Not like lat year, where he was pretty good. I generally play him on AML, as a substitute's substitute.

van Persie, you're spoilt for option. I've found him to be the best as a TM or a Poacher. In both roles, he bagged 30+ goals for me in the first season. Ofc, with any role, you have to tweak tactics to get the best out of players.. I find that a 4-2-3-1 works best for both roles.
I play a 4-2-3-1 role for my team. I'll try to play van Persie as TM or Poacher then ;)
Thank you!

Yes, RVP + corners equals goals all season... free kicks too. Vidic was my top scorer last season with 20+ goals all from corners. Pretty ridiculous tbh.