preng001

Reaction score
In my 1st season managed to do the double, winning the Premiership with a whopping total of 88 points and the league cup. However got knocked out in the 1st knockout round of the champo league so this season I want to push on to get to the latter stages. Thinking about replacing some of the ageing players with newer talent. Have already bought de gea and daniel kofi agyei but wondering where to improve. Also have santon on his way on a free. Please can I have some suggestions on areas to strengthen, cheers. Here's a screenie of my current team:

View attachment 174038

I would say get rid of Carrick, O'Shea, Brown, Owen, Berbatov and Kuszczak.

Buy Schwaab from Leverkusen as back up for Rafael. Hes a bargain for under £2m.

Get a back up for Vargas. Possibly Coentrao? Dzsudzsak and Hazard are also options.

Buy a creative midfielder to replace Carrick. Poli is a no brainer. If not Arteta, Defour and Charlie Adam.

Promote Macheda and Keane if hes developed well.

Bring Fabio into the team as Evras back up.

i suggest as ive won the EPL twice champo league 3times League cup 2twice and the fa cup once well youve got 3 players i would recommend but buy cavani he is world Class player

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

All that in 4 seasons

Coentrao, Eden Hazard, Aurier (if you don't like Rafael) and if Smalling will not develop well, buy Ranocchia from Inter. That's all for MU ;)

I bought the following:

Ranocchia 30m (Ferdinand replacement)
Pastore 15m (Scholes replacement)
E. Hazard 22m (Left wing cover)
Poli 26m (Carrick replacement)
Neuer 34m (VDS replacement)

Tutor Welbeck when he returns from loan (use Rooney). Welbeck will score loads even though his stats are quite poor compared to the usual recommended strikers.

Use Evra to tutor Fabio and his stats will raise quite quickly, and get Ferdinand to tutor Smalling.

You have a few usable reserve players to consider too:

Bebe (Left & right wing cover) He's quick, and that's all that really matters in FM11.
Cleverly (Has potential with tutoring/loan spell)
Matt James (Showed promise after 2 season long loan spells in the championship. Won best player of the season twice)
Obertan (Useful, but can get some decent money for him off French clubs)

Last edited:
Sell Vargas and buy Elia.He is really top quality especially when played as an inside forword on left,He scores a good few and assits as well.Scored around 12 in my first season at chelsea and then scored 2 in his first game for me when I was playing as Arsenal going on to score 4 in 3 before I decided to play in my cuurent Celtic save.

Vargas isn't that bad either. Notched up 20+ assists for me per season.

Don't bother getting any more fullbacks. Fabio can cover both Evra & his brother. Also, sell Carrick and bring in Christian Eriksen.

I second that Eriksen call.Really good player.Could also go for for Honda.He would also get you merchandising benefits because he is a big Japanese player.

I'd get Phil Jones and Gareth Bale as quickly as possible.
With man city though my favourite buy is Alex Oxlade Chamberlain. He just gets better year after year. Won me the champions league against barcelona by rounding valdez in the last minute. He's a big game player he loves important goals. Really good winger who can score goals and if you can give him a run upfront then **** really suprise you. Tutor him while he's young but don't be afraid to use him. Quality player.

Dont expect bale to be amazing tho.He plays alright as a winger but he isnt as good at that role he is playing really well for my as a defensive winger.

Cheers for all the suggestions guys. Here is my updated team :

View attachment 174490

Decided to buy hamsik as my advanced playmaker and he has started well with 4 assists and 3 goals in 7 games. Needed to buy an emergency striker cuz hernandez got injured in pre-season and I loaned out wickham and welbeck and sold berba so I bought babacar. Also why would I want to sell vargas, he is quality and adds a bit of experience to my young squad.

Targets for next season are : Bale, Jones and Cissokho.

Has anyone got any other suggestions??