Seabear

Reaction score
Using LFCMarshall latest summer update. Just wanted to share my journey with Manchester United.After making his shocking swoop for Robin Van Persie, United legend Sir Alex Ferguson announced his retirement from his managerial role and has been appointed Director of Football for Manchester United. The shocking news wasn't to end there, rookie manager Ian Lim was appointed as Manchester United new manager. Little is known about the new manager, there are reports Sir Alex himself has been mentoring this young man for the past couple of years but has been kept under the radar.

View attachment 276607
Sir Alex announcing his retirement

In his first press conference Ian Lim was quick to praise the United legend in having faith in his abilities as manager. He was also quick to squash rumours that Sir Alex would play a major role in the first team duties and that he was his own man. He also said "I have no concerns regarding to my age and neither should my players" With AVB failing to control his dressing room the season before. Ian Lim has got to hit the ground running. In regards to transfers Ian Lim said he was confident the board will back him on whatever he feels necessary for the team. There will be doubts how much he will be allowed to spend after spending big on Robin Van Persie.There was a massive overhaul in the backroom staff with Ian Lim showing no mercy with 21 staff having their contracts mutually terminated. Under the advice of Sir Alex, Mike Phelan will remain as assistant manager. The young manager bringing in 12 new staff members, 9 of which were without a club.
Even with the signings of Robin Van Persie and Shinji Kagawa, new manager Ian Lim felt the need for an additional attacking threat. Coming in for 21 million pounds, 18 year old Iker Muniain will be under a heavy burden to live up to his price tag. "Iker is one of the most promising players in the world, he will fit right into this club and it's policy of building youth talents."
Lars Bender was another signing by Ian Lim. The 21 year old German midfielder from Leverkusen came in at 9 million pounds. "Lars will provide a strong backbone to the team, at a young age he has shown great promise. He will play a key role for my team this year"
Promising youngsters seemed to be the main focus for Ian Lim with 4 relatively unproven youngsters joining the United team. Crisetig, Sanogo, Radosevic and Trindale de Vilhena. The most surprising one being Josip Radosevic, a Croatian midfielder who plays for Hajduk and will only come to England next summer due to the transfer laws in Croatia.
Out

With an additional 33 million pounds being spent on new players it seemed it was a matter of time before others players would make way to balance the books. Unsung hero Micheal Carrick was sold to Zenit for a total of 13.5 million pounds and Anderson who failed to live up to expectations was also shipped off to Benfica for 15.6 million pounds. Bebe and Robbie Brady was also sold to help balance the books.

Ian Lim had this to say about the departing players

"I felt that with the midfield options we had Micheal and Anderson would have played a limited role this season. After explaining the decision to both players, we agreed the best move for them both was to move on."

Last edited:
Good signing with Criseteg..i had him on Liverpool career...he turned out to be really awesome...vallued at about 25 mil in 2022:)

August

Premier League
Queens Park Rangers vs
Manchester United
A highly anticipated month for the United fans as Ian Lim makes his managerial debut against big summer spenders QPR. Having narrowly avoiding relegation last season, Mark Hughes brought in former united players Park Ji Sung and Fabio Da Silva on loan. As well as two veteran keepers Julio Cesar and Robert Green. Big pre-game shock was Robin Van Persie not making the initial squad and Darren Fletcher fit to start the game.

QPR 0 - 5 Manchester United
Nani 2
Rooney
Kagawa
Muniain

Both Muniain and Kagawa scored on their debut playing in a new look united system 4-2-3-1. Rooney playing as the target man with Kagawa, Muniain and Nani supporting. "I thought the new system worked out great and the scoreline shows our dominance. I'm really please for Darren having been through so much it was a great performance by him"

Premier League
Manchester United vs Southampton
Ian's first home game of the season came against newly promoted Southampton. Robin Van Persie and Lars Bender both given their debuts as they are both in the starting eleven. Before the game Ian spoke glowingly on Nigel Adkins team "The way they play the game and develop youth players is fantastic and should be followed by us all."

Manchester United 2 - 1 Southampton
Rooney
Kagawa

Another game, another change of formation Ian played a 4-1-3-2 system which saw Rooney and Van Persie starting together for the first time. United struggled to get into gear as the new strike partnership failed to click. Rooney opened the scoring with Cork pulling it back for Southampton. Kagawa strike on the hour mark turned out to be the winner in a hard fought game. "Southampton showed they won't be pushovers this season, i thought we did enough to deserve the 3 points"

Premier League
West Brom vs Manchester United
Yet again Ian Lim decided to change his formation this time a 4-4-2 system was deployed. Rio Ferdinand getting his first start to the season after announcing his international retirement earlier in the summer. Van Persie and Rooney both starting with Kagawa dropped to the bench Cleverley getting his first start of the season.

West Brom 1 - 4 Manchester United
Van Persie 2
Nani
Rooney

Odemwingie shocked United with an early strike. Van Persie scored his first goal for United to equalise going into half time. United seemed like a completely different team in the second half with Nani giving them the lead before Van Persie added his second and Rooney scoring late on. "I felt like we never really started in the first half and i had to tell the boys to shape up for the second half"

Capital One Cup

Manchester United will face Sunderland in the third round of the Capital One cup. Ian Lim has stated he will be using this competition as a way to blood youngsters into the first team squad. "I believed fully in the development of youngsters so by giving them regular cup games, it will help aid their process."

Champions League

View attachment 276629

Manchester United were drawn against Malaga, Galatasaray and Panathinaikos in Group C. Having avoided Juventus, Dortmund and Ajax. "We will have to watch out for Malaga and it's never easy to travel to Turkey. I still believe we will come out on top of our group."

Major Transfer round up
Mascherano was transfer listed by Barcelona and bought by Arsenal for 21.5 million pounds.
Leighton Baines and Rio Mavuba also joined Arsenal
Spending over 46 million pound, Arsenal were the highest spenders over the summer. Obviously upset losing Van Persie :p
Dede was signed up by rivals Manchester City despite Real Madrid showing an interest
Willian join Tottenham
Mirko Vucinic left Juventus for Liverpool
Maggio left Napoli for Juventus
Honda joined PSG after being transfer listed by CSKA
Gaitan left Benfica for Juventus

League
View attachment 276633
Top of the league with a 5 goal advantage over any team in the league.

Awards

View attachment 276636View attachment 276637View attachment 276638

Robin Van Persie received the Goal of the Month Award
Nani winning the Player of the Month Award
Ian Lim awarded Manager of the Month Award​

Let me know what you guys think of it and if i should continue :)

Last edited:
It is nice,i think you should continue:)but was nice if you started with another team...like Tottenham or Lazio or some another weaker teams,i don't think MU is anything of a challenge:)

Continue, very interested in seeing how this develops!

Good signings in Munian and Sanogo! Good you let Sanogo go out on loan, season or two and he'll be the best striker on the game!!

It is nice,i think you should continue:)but was nice if you started with another team...like Tottenham or Lazio or some another weaker teams,i don't think MU is anything of a challenge:)

I wanted a save that will take me through till december this year. Being a united fan this was the only save that would stop me from buying fm13 till christmas :p

Continue, very interested in seeing how this develops!

Good signings in Munian and Sanogo! Good you let Sanogo go out on loan, season or two and he'll be the best striker on the game!!

Yeah Sanogo does develop very nicely. In my last game he suffered a broken leg so didn't fully develop :( First time i signed Muniain in the game so will be interesting to see how he does.

September

Premier League
Manchester United vs Liverpool
Ian Lim's first real test as a United manager against rivals Liverpool. Liverpool were hot on United's trail with a win over United would see them overtake their rivals. Lim decided yet again to change his formation with a 4-1-1-3-1 system deployed against Liverpool. Van Persie was dropped to the bench giving both Cleverley and Kagawa a start. Rio Ferdinand partner Vidic in the heart of defence.

Manchester United 3 - 0 Liverpool
Kagawa
Rooney 2

With all three goals coming in the first half, Liverpool had no answer to Manchester United fearsome attack. Kagawa scoring his third goal for united in as many starts. Rooney grabbing a brace just before the break. Liverpool came out of the break the stronger team and were continuously knocking on united's door throughout the second half but due to some outstanding saves and horrible misses. De Gea was to maintain his clean sheet and give the united fans a lot to cheer about.

"I thought we were in terrific in the first half. The movement from Kagawa and Rooney always gave their defence a problem. We stepped off the pedal a bit in the second half . De Gea made some tremendous saves which ensures our comfortable end to the game. Great results for us and our fans!"

Champions League Group C
Malaga vs Manchester United
Ian Lim first champions league game was to be played away at the La Rosaleda. Just three days after their premier league encounter against rivals Liverpool. Rooney and Kagawa was surprisingly omitted from the squad, both having played a key role in the 3-0 win against Liverpool. Instead it was down to Van Persie and Hernandez to lead the league for United.

Malaga 0 - 1 Manchester United
Van Persie

Van Persie first champions league goal for Manchester United was enough to give them a crucial 3 points away from home. Malaga were the better team throughout the night despite United hitting the woodwork three times. Malaga had 18 corners whereas United only had 2. Javier Hernandez was carried off just 4 minutes into the game. Were it not for some last ditched tackling from Rafael and De Gea the result would have been different.

"I thought we rode our luck tonight, despite hitting the post 3 times i felt we weren't good enough. We were dominated in midfield despite having Darren and Lars playing alongside each other. It was a mistake to leave both Wayne and Shinji from the squad and luckily it wasn't a costly one. Chica will be sidelined for at least three weeks with a sprained ankle"

Premier League
Manchester United vs Swansea
After admitting his mistake in leaving out Rooney and Kagawa publicly. Ian Lim showed his sign of intent from the start with Rooney, Van Persie and Kagawa starting. Starting with a 4-1-3-2 system Ian Lim will hope to down the Swans who performed well above their weight last season.

Manchester United 5 - 0 Swansea
Ferdinand
Vorm OG
Kagawa
Rooney
Valencia

A dominant display from the Red Devils with Kagawa scoring yet again for United. Ferdinand open the scoring from a corner took by Muniain. Vidic powered in a header which saw Vorm struggle to push away and ended in the back of the net. Kagawa with a beauty from the the edge of the box and Rooney scoring just before the break with a viscous volley. Valencia made it a rout scoring from a tap in midway through the second half. Swansea were never out of their half having only 3 shots at goal, none of which were on target.

"A good team performance from us. Scoreline doesn't flatter us at all. I was looking for a response from the disappointing performance at Malaga and the lads certainly did it."

Capital One Cup 3rd Round
Manchester United vs Sunderland

Ian Lim stated when the draw was made that he'll use the Capital One Cup as a chance for the youngsters to showcase their talent. Despite drawing premier league opposition he has kept to his word. The likes of Tunnicliffe, Evans, Buttner, Trindale and Welbeck were all given their first starts to the season. Lindegaard was in goal in place of David De Gea. Sunderland on the other hand went with their first 11 with three ex united players in their line ups. Saha, Bardsley and O'Shea.

Manchester United 3 - 0 Sunderland
Welbeck 2
Daehli

​Welbeck made a good start to the game by opened the scoring with a cool finish past the keeper. Unfortunately It wasnt a start to remember for Trindale with him hobbling off with 5 minutes left to go in the first half. However his replacement Mats Daehli a united youngster for the past two years got his dream debut with a goal in first half stoppage time. This goal meant Daehli became United's youngest scorer as well as the Capital One youngest scorer. Buttner was sent off after two bookable offences despite some suggesting his second was rather soft. With a men down, Sunderland pushed for their opening goal. However Welbeck destroyed any hopes of a comeback with a tap in at the far post.

"Mats has been with United for the past 2 years and i'm just pleased for the boy. He was going to come on in the second half but due to Tony's Injury he was brought on earlier and rewarded us with a goal just before the interval. I was going to bring on Angelo later on but couldn't due to the fact we were a man down. Alex will learn from his mistake despite it being a soft yellow card, he should have been better placed when making the challenge."

United were put against Newcastle for the 4th round of the Capital One cup and Ian Lim had this to say: "Newcastle are a strong team, i doubt anyone saw them coming last season. But regardless my youngsters will continue to start the cup games and no oppositions will change that."

Premier League
Fulham vs Manchester United
With an upcoming Champions League game against group leaders Panathinaikos, Manchester United manager decided to rest Kagawa and Bender for the upcoming game. Van Persie and Rooney starting upfront with Ryan Tunnicliffe and Anders Lindegaard both given their first league starts for the club.

Fulham 1 - 2 Manchester United
Rooney 2

A brace from United's in form striker in three minutes was enough to secure the league leaders the points. After a quiet first half where both teams failed to create any chances the second half burst into life with Rooney scoring twice in three minutes. The two goal cushion wouldn't last long with Hangeland scoring four minutes later. The result would have been much more comfortable if united were more clinical in front of goal. They wasted 6 clear cut chances whilst suffering a late scare from Fulham.

"Both teams were bad in the first half, after going in front i expected my team to continue on the rise but poor defending lead to their goal. Robin didn't have the greatest of games which every player is bound to have. We got the 3 points and that's what counts."

Champions League Group C
Manchester United vs Panathinaikos
Last game of the month for United with the Greek Champions coming to Old Trafford. Panathinaikos surprisingly beat Galatasary in the first game week 3 - 1. United goes into the game as strong favourites to beat the Greek team and gained top spot in Group C.

Manchester United 5 - 0 Panathinaikos
Vidic
Van Persie 2
Muniain
Welbeck

Vidic opened the scoring with a thumping header from a corner. Van Persie continue his goal scoring form in the champions league dispatching two penalties one in each half. Muniain got his first champions league goal for the club in the first half and Welbeck wrapped the game up late on from a beauty of a cross from Van Persie. Panathinaikos defense had no answer to United's attack. This brought United to the top of the group with Malaga in second place due to superior goal difference.

"A great result for the team, Muniain continues to impress me as a young kid. Danny did well to come on and score but the ball from Robin was simply perfect. I think even Scholes was impressed by it."

Any suggestions to make my story better? :) thinking of putting in a monthly review of my performance throughout the month and my player of the month. Considering adding a more personal touch to the story yet to decide tho :S

October & November

Premier League
Manchester United vs Arsenal
With the visitors Arsenal struggling in 10th place despite their massive summer spending. Summer signing Mascherano who cost a whopping 21.5 million pounds have simply not performed. Fans are also questioning Wenger on his choice of signing Rio Mavuba singing for 10.75 million pounds but has only started 3 league games since the summer. Insiders within the club are confused on Wenger's choice. Already 10 points behind the league leaders Manchester United, even the most optimistic Arsenal fan wouldn't predict a win for Arsenal. This also represents the first game Robin Van Persie will play against Arsenal if he was to score against his old team he would have to do it from the bench as Ian Lim opts for his favoured 4-2-3-1 system against the big teams with Rooney up top.

Manchester United 5 - 1 Arsenal
Kagawa
Nani 2
Rooney
Van Persie

In a dominant display, United swept aside an off form Arsenal with 4 goals in the first half. Kagawa opened the scoring just 3 minutes into the game. Nani poured on the misery scoring in the 11th minute with a curve shot from outside the box. Rooney added to his tally with a wonderful headed goal. Vermaelen was sent off in the 33rd minute after receiving two yellow cards. Nani added his second from the resulting free kick. He missed his chance for his first united hat-trick as he went on to miss a penalty two minutes from the break. Arsenal came out of the break stronger with Podolski going close with his effort. Van Persie brought on at the break, went on to score against his former club. He refused to celebrate his well taken goal however it did not stop the constant booing from the away fans. Giroud gave the Arsenal fans something to cheer about but it was no more than a consolation goal.

"I thought we played fantastic today and the scoreline reflects that. The sending off helped but i believe we were already on our way to a win. I was bit dissapointed that Rooney didn't take the penalty but it was a nice gesture to give Nani the chance for his hat-trick. Arsene is a good manager, he'll find a way to make his team perform again."

​Premier League
Newcastle vs Manchester United
Going away to Newcastle with a champions league game midweek, Kagawa was being rested for United. It was still a relatively strong united line up with both Van Persie and Rooney starting upfront. Iker Muniain one of the shining talents of the united team so far this season was also rested with Ashely Young given a rare start after Muniain signing. Evans, Buttner and Ferdinand all started for United.

Newscastle 4 - 1 Manchester United
Van Persie

Newcastle ended Manchester United unbeaten run with an outstanding display. Cisse and Ba dominant strength over Ferdinand and Evans ensured a miserable afternoon for the Red Devils. Within 5 minutes of the game, Jonas Gutierrez powered in a goal out of nowhere. Demba Ba went on to score from a corner which United failed to clear. After the interval United still seemed out of sort and it was lucky break for Van Persie when he broke away and scored. Despite their goal United couldn't rally themselves and went onto concede two late goals scored by Gosling and Williamson.

"I was very dissapointed with that performance, i expected the players who were brought into the team to perform and they didn't. It has certainly raised some questions over their commitment to United. I'm more dissapointed with the lack of effort the players put in rather than the lost. Rio in particular failed to use any of his experience to guide the team throughout the whole game."

Strong words from the United manager who was suffering from his first defeat as United boss. Immediately after the game, Rio Ferdinand was rumoured to be offered out. United refused to comment.

Champions League Group C
Manchester United vs Galatasaray
After United first loss of the season and a strong post match interview from Ian Lim. There were some concerns on how the team would perform. Pundits and fans across the country critise the United manager for his condemning words of Ferdinand after one bad performance. It goes to show the high standard of the new United boss. Kurt Zouma was the name in the papers for Rio replacement despite Jones, Smalling and Evans all already at the club. United line up with a formation of 4-1-3-2. Kagawa and Muniain retained their starting places. Rooney, Van Persie, Nani and De Gea the only surviving members from the loss against Newcastle.

Manchester United 7 - 0 Galatasaray
Rooney 3
Muniain
Vidic
Welbeck
Jones

With much of the pre match focused on Lim's attack on Ferdinand. United once against showed they always come back strong from a defeat. Rooney opened the scoring before Muniain scoring shortly after. With two minutes to go to the break, Rooney broke free of the offside trap and finishing it off with composure. After the break Vidic got his second champions league goal of the season direct from a free kick by wonderkid Iker Muniain. It was only a matter of time before Rooney got his hat-trick and he did in the 54th minute with a cool finish past the goal keeper. Welbeck and Jones scored to complete the thrashing of their opponents.

"A good response from the team after the Newcastle game. I couldn't have asked for more." He refused to comment on Rio Ferdinand or Kurt Zouma despite multiple questions from the press.

Premier League
Stoke vs Manchester United
The rumours continue to circulate about Rio Ferdinand future at the club with Ian Lim continued refusal to talk about the subject. Micheal Owen will be facing his old club as he starts for Stoke alongside Peter Crouch. United went for the same line up as the one that faced Galatasaray.

Stoke 1 - 4 Manchester United
Nani 2
Rooney
Young

United continue their good form with a strong showing at Stoke. Marc Wilson scoring a penalty was the only negative of the game which saw United dominate possession from the start.

"It's a hard place to come to Stoke and get a win so for us to do win the way we did was a very good performance. I'm only going to say this once. I'm refusing to answer any questions about Rio Ferdinand or Kurt Zouma. There will be no comment or statement from myself. You're all wasting your own time asking me these questions."

Lim proceeded to storm off. Pundits seem to suggest from Lim's reaction that he was facing pressure from the board to back Rio Ferdinand. Having said that with United start to the season and their current form, why would the board question his abilities as a manager.

Capital One Cup - 4th Round
Manchester United vs Newcastle
With Newcastle ending United unbeaten start to the season. Many expected a strong line up against Newcastle, they would all be shocked to see 2 sixteen year olds starting for the Red Devils and a weaken team. That however was not the major shock of the evening as Rio Ferdinand started for Red Devils. It seemed like the board finally got their way into forcing Lim's hand. However they weren't able to choose his captain and young Johny Evans led the team out despite Ferdinand greater experience.

Manchester United 0 - 3 Newcastle

Newcastle continue their good run of form which saw them beat United, draw with Inter at the San Siro, beat Arsenal in the league and now knock out United kids of the Capital One cup. Despite an even share of possession, Newcastle strikers made their chances count. Hernandez getting his first start to the campaign due to injury was poor and looked out of sorts. Missing chances which he would normally finish off with ease when he was on form.

"I am dissapointed with the result because I felt that this was a very winnable competition. I picked my team, the board didn't force into anything. I felt certain players needed a break therefore were rested and other players were picked for the team. I declined to comment on my choice of captains."

Another cagey post match interview with the United manager. Despite his insistence of picking his own team, several will doubt his words. Rio yet again didn't perform for United and one must wonder is his time with United done.

Champions League Group C
Galatasaray vs Manchester United
Much of the pre-game talk was yet again on the United manager, with many suggesting the young man is out of his depth from the pressure of the board. Sir Alex Ferguson now director of football of Manchester United has his full faith in young manager Ian Lim. Despite being on the board, Sir Alex have been in semi retirement spending more time with his family. He was in Scotland for the past 2 weeks with family. He went on to say that the media were taking things out of proportion and that was no tension between manager and board. Youngsters Trindale and Danny Welbeck were given their first Champions League start of the season as Rooney and Kagawa was rested.

Galatasaray 0 - 4 Manchester United
Smalling
Van Persie
Welbeck
Buttner

After a slow start to the game, United score two goals late in the first half to give themselves a 2 goal lead into the break. Smalling scoring from a corner and Van Persie continue his excellent form in Europe adding onto his tally. The second half was a stroll in the pack for United with the Galatasaray team without confidence. Welbeck scored against Galatasaray yet again and Buttner got his first champions league goal for United. With that result United confirmed their place in the knock out phase and with Malaga drawing, all they need is a draw in the next game to advance as first placed.

"We performed well and i'm glad we have qualified for the knockout stages in such dominance displays. We're going to continue putting our strongest team in Europe. Alex has been a great mentor and i appreciate his comments on his faith in me."

Premier League
Manchester United vs Norwich
With Sir Alex back in England after a 2 week break in Scotland, Ian Lim seems to be a lot more confident with his mentor back in Manchester. There seems to be a close bond between the two and it'll only be good news for Manchester United fans after weeks of speculation over the United manager relationship with the Board worsening. With the international break coming up, many of United players will be off. In his pre match conference, Ian Lim critise the International break saying it disrupts the season and could cause unnecessary injury.

Manchester United 1 - 1 Norwich
Rooney

When Rooney opened the scoring, United fans would have been expecting more. However John Ruddy was in inspirational form denying United from increasing their lead. Chance after chance John Ruddy came out top or his woodwork saved him. United will go on to regret their failure to add a second as Surman scored late on to give Norwich a dramatic draw against the league leaders.

"We weren't clinical enough but you have to praise the Norwich defence especially their keeper. He was outstanding today and his manager will be proud of his performance tonight. We weren't focus and paid for our mistakes."

Premier League
Aston Villa vs Manchester United
After the international break, both Rooney and Kagawa came back injured for at least a month. Ian Lim expressed his frustration in the pre match conference as he lost two key players without any fault of his own. He calls for a discussion between national managers and club managers because the international break continues to disrupt club's seasons. Aston Villa have been in patchy form but will be hoping to cause an upset.

Aston Villa 0 - 2 Manchester United
Hernandez 2

The young Mexican finally fully fit after an injury hit season scored a brace as United dominated the game from start to finish. With pre match focus on the missing Wayne Rooney and Shinji Kagawa, Hernandez took it upon himself to give their supporters something to cheer about. If Hernandez can build on his performance, Rooney may struggle to get back onto the team when he returns from injury.

"Chica has a great game, he came in for a lot criticism after the Newcastle game. Not many remember he's had an injury hit season so far. This is the first time he's been fully fit and in good match condition. He's a great player and will continue to develop into a great player."

Champions League Group C
Manchester United vs Malaga
Needing only a draw to secure their spot as winners of group C. Manchester United fans were in a relaxed mood. Malaga on the other hand could still be knocked out of the Champions League if they went onto lose their both games and Panathinaikos won both their games.

Manchester United 5 - 0 Malaga
Van Persie 5

It was the Robin Van Persie show as he completed his hat-trick within the first half. Malaga's Duda got himself sent off in the second half but the match was far from competitive. He got his fourth and fifth goal late in the second half making him the second player to score 5 goals in champions league game. The other being Messi.

"Robin was fantastic today and showed everyone what a great player he is. I'm very fortunate to have 4 great strikers in my squad. Rooney, Van Persie, Hernandez and Welbeck. I think they may even be better than the strike force of 1999."

Premier League
Manchester United vs Everton

Everton have had a great start to the season, sitting in 5th spot. Having beaten local rivals Liverpool the week before, the supporters had reason to be optimistic. In the pre match conference Ian Lim ruled out Van Persie for the next month due to an injury that occurred in training. Hernandez and Welbeck were the only two fit striker left on the squad with Hernandez coming back to form many expected the Mexican to start but Ian Lim showed his confidence in the young English striker.

Manchester United 1 - 0 Everton
Howard OG

Everton pushed United all the way to the end. In a weird game despite United dominating possession, Everton were creating the best chances and it was only down to De Gea quick reaction which prevented United from going down. Despite his manager confidence in his ability, Danny Welbeck failed to perform and was eventually taken of for Hernandez. Everton was resisting everything United had thrown at them. However it wasn't to be in stoppage time Vidic powered in a corner which Howard should have dealt with better and resulted in his own goal.

"I think we deserve all three points due to our majority share of possession. We continue to press them throughout the game and we got our reward at the end. Danny had a bad game today which happens to all players, i still have faith in him and he still may start against City next week. Everton were brilliant and David Moyes continues to do a great job with his team."

Sorry for doing two months at once, got into my game too much and forgot about my story :mad: Please let me know if anyone is still reading this. If anyone wants to suggest ways of improving it let me know.