Manchester United sign Vermijl

• Thread starter Thread starter DMF
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 3K
his name is Marnick Vermijl not Marwin ;)

only know him from seeing him play for the Belgian national team U17/18, fairly decent RB with a more attacking style to his play from what i remember. Probably a player for the reserves for this season though.

Manchester United have completed a deal to sign Belgian starlet Marnick Vermijl, according to the player's father.

The 18-year-old is understood to have impressed both Sir Alex Ferguson and reserve-team boss Ole Gunner Solskjaer during trials.

United have now handed Vermijl a three-year contract with his current club Standard Liege getting around €300,000 in compensation.

Wing-back Vermijl, who can play on either side, will move to Old Trafford in the summer.

"They said he was the best right or left-back they had seen in years," Vemijl's father Dirk told Het Laatste Nieuws.

"Ferguson told me that Marnick in the following years would become a fixture in the Manchester United squad."

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_6010206,00.html

Make out what you want to..:)

Probably a dad giving his son confidence, but either way I'm hopeful about him.

No ******* idea about who is him.

Let's see.

his name is Marnick Vermijl not Marwin ;)

only know him from seeing him play for the Belgian national team U17/18, fairly decent RB with a more attacking style to his play from what i remember. Probably a player for the reserves for this season though.

Thanks Phil06. Makes a lot of sense to bring through another one.

i thought it was only arsenal that signed unknown randomers :P

I doubt United will make a move for Ozil this year because he will be available on a free at the end of the season, may as well save themselves 10-15 Million.

I would rather spend the 15 million which is a bargain in my opinion now then wait a year and have city and real madrid offering him huge signing on fee's and more wages that we prob wont be able to afford, plus if we make the bid now it shows were the ones who want him the most

I would rather spend the 15 million which is a bargain in my opinion now then wait a year and have city and real madrid offering him huge signing on fee's and more wages that we prob wont be able to afford, plus if we make the bid now it shows were the ones who want him the most

I'm sure any bid now would be matched by Madrid or City, I think all clubs interested are letting his contract run down before making a move.

Back