Manchester United tactic & strategy in FM 2012 (won EPL and FA Cup in the 1st season)

ikhsanzep

Reaction score
Manchester United tactic & strategy in FM 2012 (won EPL and FA Cup in the 1st season)

hi, i had won EPL and FA Cup in my first season with United and i had never tried to repeat the game if i've lost or drawn, so i did it all in the first trial. So, this is my strategy. United is basically good in 4-4-2 formation with Chicharito as a poacher, Rooney as a trequartista, Nani & valencia winger (attack), Anderson advnc Playmaker (attack), Carrick deep-lying-play maker (defend), Vidic & Rio centre back (defend), Smalling & Evra full back (support)/ (defend if facing a strong-attacking-style team like City), i always use control strategy, fluid philosophy, shorter pass style, more expressive, press more, man marking and more roaming, def line deep, time wasting rarely with counter attack, pass to feet, retain posession, play narrower, exploit the middle, play through defense, work ball onto box

For set pieces, i always aim the ball to the near post and place Rio and Vidic in near post and from the stats they both scored 12 times that mostly came from corners, the corner kick-takers must be nani (left), Giggs (right), Valencia (right).

With that strategy i am succesfully lead United to won the EPL and FA Cup, Chicha became top scorer with 26 goals, then united didn't conceded 6 games that became a new record for united, Chica had scored 47 times with 48 appearances in all competitions this season, united made 25 goals from direct corner in EPL this season,

i always close down and tightly mark all opponents and my team talk is always passionate and i made team meeting periodically to boost players' motivation, that's all my tactic and strategy for united, hope it can be useful for you, cheers =))

See my attachment to take a look to some pictures of my players and club's stats

Last edited:
hi take a look to Leandro Damiao from Brazil, he's a great striker, a powerful one, he's just 23 years old and had scores so many goals in his club, quality player (Y)

1) If you cant win the treble with United in the first season, thats a bad season
2) If you cant get Chicho or Rooney to score more goals than games, thats a bad season
3) If you dont get over 100 points with United, thats a bad season

No offence mate, but as a United supporter and Fm player, you need to win everything! I just won the quadruple with Tottenham last night in the first season! (Europa League)

If you want to:

1) Make a United guide if you like :)
2) Upload your tactic for others to try if you think its good enough
3) http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-discussion/83263-post-your-successes-18.html

Raikan is absaloutely right. In my opinion this is not a successful season.

1) If you cant win the treble with United in the first season, thats a bad season
2) If you cant get Chicho or Rooney to score more goals than games, thats a bad season
3) If you dont get over 100 points with United, thats a bad season

No offence mate, but as a United supporter and Fm player, you need to win everything! I just won the quadruple with Tottenham last night in the first season! (Europa League)

If you want to:

1) Make a United guide if you like :)
2) Upload your tactic for others to try if you think its good enough
3) http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-discussion/83263-post-your-successes-18.html

That's a bit harsh. What if you lose in the final of everything and get 99 points in the league :D

That's a bit harsh. What if you lose in the final of everything and get 99 points in the league :D

hahhha, you know what I meant mate :) not saying it was a bad season at all!

It may have been a bit harsh but never intended it to be at the time!