Manchester United - Team guide

Louis H

Banned
Reaction score
Manchester United Football Club.

Manchester United football club are one of the most successful teams in English history.

Although they weren't always called Manchester United, they were formed as Newton Heath L&YR F.C. in 1878 as the works team of the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway depot at Newton Heath.​

In 1893 the club reached the football league, and in 1894 they severed ties with the Railroad company and became an independent company, shortening their name to Newton Heath FC.​

Although all of this almost didn't matter as in 1902 the club was fighting off bankruptcy and at one point their Bank Street ground was closed by the bailiffs.​

Just before having to be shut down for good, the club received a sizeable investment from J.H. Davies, the managing director of Manchester Breweries. The board decided to change the teams name and Manchester United was the name chosen.​

The Busby Years.

Matt Busby joined the club in 1945. He took an uncommon approach to his job for back then because he insisted that he be allowed to pick his own team, choose which players to sign and direct the team's training sessions himself.​

But he delivered great success and brought Manchester United on as a club and made them used to success, his crop of youngsters were known as The Busby Babes.​

Manchester United were delt a serious blow when their plane stopped to re-fuel in Munich only to never leave again. Eight players lost their lives, - Geoff Bent, Roger Byrne, Eddie Colman, Duncan Edwards, Mark Jones, David Pegg, Tommy Taylor and Liam "Billy" Whelan. And another 15 passengers.​

Harry Gregg, the United keeper, managed maintain consciousness after the crash, and through fear of the plane exploding at any second pulled out around 6 people from the plane, including Sir Matt Busy, manager, Bobby Charlton & Dennis Viollet.​

The team was re-built in the '60s with players such as Dennis Law & George Best.​

Matt Busby resigned in 1969 and the club failed to replace him, untill a Scots man named Alex Ferguson took the reigns. Manchester United's most successful manager, ever.

It didn't all start great for Ferguson as he was believed to be on the verge of being sacked, Notts Forest in the FA Cup believed to be his last game, Mark Robins scored the goal to win the match. They went on from their to win the FA Cup 1-0 against Crystal Palace.​

From here Manchester United have gone on to win almost everything possible, including the treble in 1998/1999 season. FA Cup, Premier League & Champions League. Something never achieved before and still to this day not equaled.​

On Football Manager.

In the game Manchester United are a very good team, able to challenge on all fronts. Although, their team is getting a bit old. Giggs, Neville, Scholes & Van Der Sar are all reaching the ends of their careers and players like Fabio, Rafael & Welbeck are all begining.

I've played with United a few times now, and I believe the key to success is a holding midfielder. Wayne Rooney is good enough to bang in the goals for you if given a creative role, Vidic & Ferdinand are rocks at the back but you just haven't got anyone to hold the team together.

Starting Budgets:

Title Challenge - £60m
Winner - £74m

Recommended Players.

* Danniel De Rossi - Defensive Mid
- What a player. Beast from corners if you have him lurking, he can really hit them. Big price tag at £45m though.

Andrea Pirlo - Defensive Mid
- Great player, if you can't get De Rossi go for him. Around £14m for him, I think.

* Rafinha - Right Back
- Great little player, cost around £12m to sign him though.

Matias Defederico - Striker
- I signed him when I played with United a while back, he is a young Argentinian and well worth the £5.5m to bring him from Corinthians.

Edin Dzeko - Striker
- Great player, great target man - around £15m to capture him.

* Players are top targets.

Not Needed.

Nani - Left Wing
- Nani is a terrible player, not good enough for United. Let him leave for around £7m.

Park Ji-Sung - Midfield
- Good work rate but not very good technicaly, this is more my choice but let him leave for around £6m.

Dimitar Berbatov - Striker
- This is only if you cannot affoard Dzeko otherwise. Berbatov is a good player but you can get £15m+ at least for him. Dzeko is better.

Tactics.

I've played with a 4-3-3 formation that I made myself, 8 games in I've won 7 drawn 1 (away at Liverpool). We've scored 19 goals conceded 1.

* I can't upload it at the moment as the download section is down.

w7ngco.jpg

11s2q3c.jpg

Last edited:
Did you do this or was it from a different website? Sorry but we need to be careful after Ryan.

C'mon Louis, I expected better from a regular poster...

Also it's not just about giving credit. You must ask permission. God, think if you and Ryan ran the site, would be awful.

This is like the tiger woods scandal, after 1 is found hundreds appear everywhere

so, we're back to the guide craze of last month(H)

Tsk tsk.

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

This is like the tiger woods scandal, after 1 is found hundreds appear everywhere

Hopefull there will be no golf clubs involved.

By the way....I'm looking to make a guide......does anyone have reccomendations??????

By the way....I'm looking to make a guide......does anyone have reccomendations??????
Making it yourself would be a start. But here's a better recommendation, don't make one.