View attachment 163250
As the title suggests, this is going to be a story about Manchester United. Like many other FM players and people around the world, I too am a Manchester United fan. It is easy to fall in love and follow the club especially when most of people my age started following Manchester United when they were one of the most feared clubs in the world. Led by Sir Alex Ferguson, Manchester United attacked and shredded their opponents, showed grit beyond imagination, fought to their last strengths and voila you were in love with this great club. Even rivals will agree, despite everything that Manchester United is a great club.
To follow Manchester United is like a romance, you fall in love with their outer beauty but the more you know about the club, you slowly start to learn that this is not some infatuation, or a crush but you truly love the club. And it is hard not to love a club which toiled its way to greatness. The Club was crushed and trampled, the team torn apart, there were times after Sir Matt Busby that we were mediocre before the arrival of Sir Alex and now maybe we are again going through that phase. The financial strength has kept us near our rivals but we have lost the fear we generated in our opponents.
I am still going to cheer for them till my voice box no longer works but it saddens us as well to see Manchester United in constant turmoil. A Manchester United save is very easy with the amount of money the club generates and the transfer budget available. You can easily make them a global super power within 2-3 years, its not that hard. Despite all football fans misgivings, money does help make a club win trophies. BUT this is not about the easy way, this is not about buying our back to the top. I want to bring back the Manchester United of old through this FM story, the Manchester United with the attacking vision of Sir Matt Busby and Sir Alex Ferguson, the grit of Jimmy Murphy and Gary Neville, the flair of George Best, Eric Cantona and Ryan Giggs the work ethic of Park Ji-Sung, the solidity of Vidic, Ferdinand, Stam and Bruce, the aggression of Roy Keane and the nimbleness of Paul Scholes.
1. Promote the Academy Players to the First Team instead of adding superstars to my team.
2. I can only sign a first team player if a first team player is sold. For e.g. I can buy a first team player if I sale Wayne Rooney but can't buy a first team player after selling Sam Johnstone. The Number of first team signings should be equal or less than the number of first team players sold.
3. I am allowed to buy young players to the limit of 5. Young players being players of the age of 19 or under. This meaning I can't buy Harry Kane/John Stones/Aymeric Laporte as young players and bolster my first team squad. Players above the age of 19 would be termed as first team and can be signed as per Rule-2 ONLY!
4. To try and introduce more English Players to the club and first team, 2 of the above mentioned 5 players have to be English. I can't buy more than 3 Non-English youth players!
5. Free Transfers - I am not sure if to include them in Rule-2 or to keep them out of it. It will be done as per readers discretion.
6. The Manager - LVG will be replaced. I don't have In Game Editor or FMRTE, so I can't create profile of an exact player. But I am looking for the Manager to be either of this 3:
a) Eric Cantona
b) Ryan Giggs
c) Roy Keane
I will be opening a poll and you can suggest any other player you wish for the club to appoint as Manager. It should be a former Manchester United PLAYER!
7. I am open to other rules and might update them later on!
[HR][/HR]P.S: I will still be continuing my story A MAN WITH THE DREAM! I will be trying to create my own tactic for the club but might use already made tactics available on various Forums! I am not a genius on creating Tactics unfortunately!