Manchester United to offer Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs and Gary Neville coaching roles

RSm

Reaction score
Manchester United will ask veteran trio Paul Scholeshttp://www.goal.com/en-gb/people/england/1950/paul-scholes , Ryan Giggs and Garry Neville to remain at Old Trafford as coaches when their playing days come to an end.

All three have recently penned one-year extension deals, which will keep them at the Red Devils until the end of next season.

Giggs has almost 800 appearances for United since progressing through the youth system, while Neville and Scholes are both exceeding 500 outings for the club.

And United boss Sir Alex Ferguson believes their vast experience is central to developing the future generations on the red half of Manchester.

Ferguson also earmarked Patrice Evra, John O’Shea and Darren Fletcher as future team leaders, while addressing concerns regarding United’s debt following recent comments from out-going Ben Foster and chief executive David Gill.

not a bad idea. Fergie obviously understands the impact that's made when older more experienced players are given coaching roles.
Good move in my eyes.

this was always gonna happen imo, though im glad to actually hear it

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

zeb just noticed you're on. whats your view on the whole current glazer situation, everytime i read an article or blogs, the answer is always slightly different.

Scholes and Giggs I can understand, but why Neville? He's a bad role model and isn't really in the same league as Scholes and Giggsy.

Scholes and Giggs I can understand, but why Neville? He's a bad role model and isn't really in the same league as Scholes and Giggsy.
one of the best fullbacks in recent english history? perfect for teaching you how to be a top class fullback, pretty good role model i'd say

Neville isn't really the type of player to be teaching Rafael surely? But sounds like a good idea in general nonetheless

Neville isn't really the type of player to be teaching Rafael surely? But sounds like a good idea in general nonetheless
defensively, he is. rafael is great going forward, not so good postionally when it comes to defending

Rafael's already a sneaky little ****. Neville can only make him better at being a sneaky little **** i guess.

Are you sure what both are you on? Ask Harry Redknapp what sort of attitude he wants from his players, answer will be as simple as Neville's passion. There isn't a single player in that dressing roon who has so much passion for the club. He was the England's first choice fullback for a decade and one of the best fullback in the premier league era.

He is the kind of player every manager dreams of. Did you see how he celebrated when Owen scored the winner against city even when he was not involved in the match? Thats called passion. If he passes what club should mean to the younger generation then its a job done.

He will be a very good and passionate coach and he will teach how to hate Liverpool for sure.