Manchester United v Liverpool

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 281
  • Views Views 12K
I

iNickStuff

The big northern clash commences today as Manchester United host Merseyside rivals Liverpool in a bid to boost their title hopes ahead of Arsenal's comfortable win over West Ham United yesterday,as well as Chelsea's match against Blackburn Rovers being an crucial decider for Carlo Ancelotti,as they travel to Ewood Park and to redeem themselves following their elimination from the tournament on penalties,courtesy of the Lancashire club.

Manchester United's recent results against the Reds don't prove to be good reading for Red Devils fans as Liverpool currently hold a 3-game winning streak and will look to humiliate them once more with a win at Old Trafford.This time,if Ferguson loses,then it will be a massive blow,not only for the fans at losing for the fourth time to their bitter neighbours,but also damaging their chances of retaining the Premier League title this season and marking themselves in the league's history as the only club to have won the title four times.

The main focus point of this match on the field will be the battle between Wayne Rooney and Fernando Torres.Both have been integral to the fortunes of the club and their ambitions to close this season with something to cheer about as their goals,combined,look astounding.Ex-Everton wonderkid Wayne Rooney leads the charts with 25 goals under his belt with Didier Drogba not far behind and will definately look to make it 26,27 or even 28 should he find the net past Spanish shot-stopper Pepe Reina.

Torres,whose season has been marred with injury,has not made the top five chart of Premier League players' top goalscorers,but underestimation of this Spaniard's ability to score would be a massive mistake for United to make.Him,alongside Steven Gerrard are Benitez' main men and with them looking to pair up once more,they could become deadly for Vidic and Ferdinand,as well as Evra and possibly Gary Neville at the heart of the United backline.

Liverpool need to win this match following Spurs' 2-1 win over Stoke City at the Britannia on Saturday,which drifts them further away from finishing fourth in May and qualifying for the Champions League after their abysmal performance in the prestigious European competiton.Despite that,the Europa League has seen the best of the Reds shine,and that was proven in their home tie against French outfit,Lille in a convincing 3-0 win that turned out to be a 3-1 win on aggregate and following them through into the next round of the tournament,with the prospect of an all-English final against Fulham,who sensationally became triumphant against Italians Juventus 5-4 at Craven Cottage to Cottagers' crowd in raptures.

Last edited:
Can't see Liverpool winning, 2-1 United.

Let the Manc Vs Scouse

debate/argument begin!

Going to be a great game. Can't believe I'm going to miss it.

2-0 to United with Rooney breaking his duck vs them and Vidic smashing one in from a corner to silence his critics.

Going to be a great game. Can't believe I'm going to miss it.

2-0 to United with Rooney breaking his duck vs them and Vidic smashing one in from a corner to silence his critics.

*Like*

Get in Vidic!

One of the best in the world.

A fully fit Torres makes Vidic look mediocre.. But I don't think he's 100% yet. Vidic is playing well and Utd are defending much better now than earlier in the season so I think we can keep a clean sheet, especially with Giggs back.

I really hope both teams go looking for the win, if not it could be the most boring game ever.

I am going to make my prediction...

Manchester United 3-1 Liverpool

Giggs could be the key today with his delivery to Rooney, and of course Valencia aswell on the right, so if they both play and have Rooney upfront I can see Liverpool conceding a few goals.

3-3
Rooney x3
Torres x3

Gerrard and Ferdinand to both get sent of for elbowing eachother.

My prediction:

Manchester United 3-2 Liverpool

I can just see it that we will edge it but they're going to score some controversial goals..

Should be brilliant and on that bombshell I am off the pub to watch it :D

come on liverpool :) even if liverpool manage to get a draw it will still be good for both chelsea and arsenal

Praying for a Liverpool win here, don't see it though, unless they follow their 3-0 victory against Lille today.

Back