Manchester United Vs Arsenal (Monday)

Winners?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carrick was excellent. Shame that he gets so much slack from United fans. He made so many tackles, interceptions and few imp blocks.

Arsenal didnt deserve anything from that match. They hardly made Van Der Sar work. Arsenal did look short on ideas when we starting let you having more of the ball.

tight game, but united created more chances, deserved the 3 points

VDS must have been one bored guy

nothing to do for 94 minutes :S

Boring game, no chances from either team.

Few things learned.

* Gibbs > Clichy
* You are now allowed to push referee's. Nice
* Cesc has no passion for the Arsenal.
* Arshavin is a lazy.. oh we already knew that.
* Apparently the ball hitting your hand 1 yard away is now a penalty.
* Scezeny pwns.
* Rio and vidic are inpenetrable

Overall, no-one really deserved it imo. United took there chance from a deflected shot, but that's football.

Still a long way to go.

* Scezeny pwns.

I definitely agree with you there Frankie, I don't see why he can't play week in week out for Arsenal, looked to be a very fine keeper and I did love/hate his Schmeicel esque Star-jump save.

There was an element of luck about the goal, but it was brilliant improvisation by Park for the header. The penalty IMO shouldn't have been a spot kick but it was missed anyway so it didn't matter. In my opinion you can't really have any complaints, United defended well and Arsenal created virtually nothing.
I'm not complaining, we were terrible, United were slightly less terrible ;)

Would of been 0-0, but Park took his chance wonderfully, and thats football.

Apart from Penalty miss, Rooney was very good today. His passing was excellent.

* Gibbs > Clichy True.
* Cesc has no passion for the Arsenal. Harsh, he might have been feeling the injury but hope we can make mega money from him in half a year's time.
* Arshavin is a lazy.. oh we already knew that. Hopefully he'll go, too.
* Apparently the ball hitting your hand 1 yard away is now a penalty. Even though Shrek blazed it, I'm still frustrated about this decision, that particular linesman looked as if he enjoyed it, scum.
* Scezeny pwns. Have seen a lot better, but he's our best at the moment.

Still a long way to go. Holy **** yes.

EDIT: That turned out much worse than it was supposed to :$

Szczesny certainly had a good game and saved a couple of certain goals, needs to work on his kicking from the floor but he's already better than aluminia

Well that was highly dissapointing. Honestly a very bad performance from what was meant to be a new Arsenal capable of beating the top 4.

I wasn't happy with Howard Webb today. I will fully accept all of Arsenals yellow cards, but none I remember for united? A very late tacklefrom vidic on Wilshere went unpunished. A fly kick from Rio doesn't even warrant a free kick , despite a ripped shirt. Then Rooney does a intentional handball, well I assume what the foul was given for and no yellow but Clichy was booked for an unintentional handball which lead to the penalty.

Both teams were dissapointing , we barely tested VDS, but then again sczeney was tested once from Anderson and once from Rooney other then that they created very little chances. Perhaps a bit of luck in the build up to the goal with the bounce off Clichy but I very well tooken header from Arsenals second Drogba. Park Ji.

Other then that a very poor performance from Arsenal , feel I have every right toannoyed with the players.

thought Webb was quality tonight, another ref would have turned that into a card fest. only bad decision was the penalty but that was by the linesman. we are quick to criticise the ref, so lets give him credit where its due

Manchester United 2-0 Arsenal - Park, Rooney

We seem to of learnt in the last few seasons how to play against Arsenal, and that is to counter attack them and take our chances. I don't see why we can't do it again to be honest. We're in good form, still unbeaten in the league and just came off a comfortable Champions League qualification.

Park tends to play really well against Arsenal so I think he could be crucial. Usually an odd first goal scorer in the big games, so going for the Korean first and then Rooney late on because he has a good record vs Arsenal and he's been playing really well recently and deserves a goal for his recent performances.

If Rooney had scored his pen, I would've been spot on! :'(

thought Webb was quality tonight, another ref would have turned that into a card fest. only bad decision was the penalty but that was by the linesman. we are quick to criticise the ref, so lets give him credit where its due

meh.

fletcher should have been booked for pushing the ref.

oh, and rio will be cited for violent conduct for the de-jong style kick on sagna. guarantee it wont be, after all, he's english.

Also would just like to put this out there, Rafael has got to be our 1st choice RB now surely!?

Agreed. To be fair to Webb I think he is brilliant at not being one to whack his cards out like a lot of refs do. He is by far the best ref in Britain now, deserves the right to ref most of the big games.

great We are playing Chelsea two weeks tonight :'(

great We are playing Chelsea two weeks tonight :'(

another monday game? WTF sky, you really are ******* up the schedule - just seen your fixtures and you have wigan away on that wednesday as well. guess its on monday due to christmas day being on a saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.