Reaction score
It's well known that Man United have a great team....But my Fm ability has dropped hugely latey.
I'm playing a 4-1-2-1-2 (with wingbacks) but I'm struggling. Who do i play CAM? Ashley Young? Nani? Ryan Giggs?
& Upfront? Rooney's the obvious choice but who with? Javier Hernandez? Dimitar Berbatov? Danny Welbeck? ****, maybe even Michael freaking Owen!
The football I'm playing is fast, passing football if that helps

Rooney as your CAM play Berb and Hernandez up top.

Tera for Berb and Poacher for hernandez. You can set rooney as the advanced playmaker. But don't forget that style of attack didn't work very well for united - I'd suggest playing a 4-2-2-2, That way you can utilize Nani and Young and play hernandez along side rooney. You can always slip rooney back into a CAM role and leave hernadez in the poacher role by himself.

Not sure why you would want to play a wingback formation with united - when you have such talented wingers.

Tera for Berb and Poacher for hernandez. You can set rooney as the advanced playmaker. But don't forget that style of attack didn't work very well for united - I'd suggest playing a 4-2-2-2, That way you can utilize Nani and Young and play hernandez along side rooney. You can always slip rooney back into a CAM role and leave hernadez in the poacher role by himself.

Not sure why you would want to play a wingback formation with united - when you have such talented wingers.
They do yes but I was hoping it would line up like
Rooney & Berbatov/Welbeck/Hernandez upfront
Nani/Young CAM
With Evra & Valencia bombing up & down
Just a experimental tactic I guess

seems like wasted talent in that formation if you ask me.

If you were to stick with that formation you'd have to retrain nani to play in the CAM position since I think he is "competent" in that position. Young and Rooney would be your best bet there. Rooney would be interchangeable with berbs and hernandez with welbeck since they are both poachers.

seems like wasted talent in that formation if you ask me.

If you were to stick with that formation you'd have to retrain nani to play in the CAM position since I think he is "competent" in that position. Young and Rooney would be your best bet there. Rooney would be interchangeable with berbs and hernandez with welbeck since they are both poachers.
I'm thinking of lining up with;
De Gea
Ferdinand Vidic
Valencia Jones Evra
Fletcher Cleverley
Young
Rooney Hernandez

Think that could do, maybe worth a try the first few games

and adventurous line up but it might pay off the power through the center might overload some of the weaker teams like liverpool and chelsea (lol)