Resource icon

FMKorea Mang 433 - ByH 2020-03-15

Looks very good on first impression. Plugged it in middle of the season (I play 433 or 4231 so have the players for it already) and both games Atletico Madrid away and Spurs home in my 3rd season Villa team convincingly 4-1 and 5-0 with my striker scoring a hattrick in each game.

Then came two "lesser teams" where I won 1-0 with a 90th minute winner (fully deserved) and a convincing 3-0 away win against QPR.

This tactic certainly doesn't dominate possession and hits hard on the counter. Seems to have nullified the AI ball over the top to once or twice per game (key highlights) instead of the 8-10 I'd seen previously with other tactics.

Best initial impressions I've had of a tactic in a long time - in before dramatic loss of form now.

Reactions: ByH
1576582053043.png

Results after 10 games with this tactic as Aston Villa. The Arsenal loss I played mainly kids so not fussed, and the 0-0 to Burnley was frustrating as they just shut up shop from the beginning and we missed a few chances. I think I'll look at the Mafia 424 to break down defensive teams when this tactic isn't looking like scoring - which is rare in 10 games so far.

Best tactic (for my team - I'll try a fresh save at some point) I've used.

Weird one this. Really good for my tipped to be bottom conference team. But really bad for my decent championship side.

Fell off a cliff for both teams. Couldnt score at all.

Fell off a cliff for both teams. Couldnt score at all.
Do you have examples of some of the matches? From what I could tell a lot of the tactics you've tried never work for you? Is your AssMan setting OIs/clicking apply to everything your AssMan suggests?

Do you have examples of some of the matches? From what I could tell a lot of the tactics you've tried never work for you? Is your AssMan setting OIs/clicking apply to everything your AssMan suggests?

They all seem to work for a bit then just fully die off. It could be the match engine. I'll send some screenshots when home. This one worked fine for my conference team till January then I started losing every game, same squad, fitness fine etc. Some i've stopped are because my strikers never score. So trying to get either a 442 with wingers, hate normal 442, or a 4231 or 451 with dm and 2 wingers.

Champ team it was okay but not great then I went 5 games with 0 goals. 4 losses.The 424 didnt work at all for any team I tried.

There is a theme though, every tactic ive used on here work for a few months of the season then not a small dip in form but a horrific drop.

My assistant manager does nothing, other than training. Its Bergkamp. (Former Arsenal striker, probably spelt wrongly)

I've never had this issue on any FM before. 19 I found a 451 pretty early that worked and stuck with it for about 9 actual months before 20 came out. I used a tactic from ZION for 4231 that gave me 20+ shots a game, but I kept losing after 4 months in the season. Again, i'll upload screenshots when I am home. I can get you 2 of them, that happened to be the same game as I saved before it on my last play, 30 shots, 1-2 loss. Played again, 33 shots, 0-2 loss. I believe these screenshots are ZION's formation, not this one.

I was really looking forward to this tactic, and again, my conference team started pretty well with it. The better but expected lower half champ team was winning games, 3-2, 4-3 etc, then just couldnt score and had barely any shots.

Honestly, no idea whats going on!

As a note, I bought the in game editor so to test these my players have full fitness and maximised tactic.

Edit: Attached 2 photos of 1 game I had on my phone. That started the trend of a 451 that just fell off. I'll send the others later. I can accept this a few times a season, it happens, but for me, it just fully falls off a cliff. I accept it could be me, as it works for others. But I am testing with teams that are predicted low. Not tested with a good side, which I see lot a screenshots are.

I judge tactics on the shots created. So the ones attached, which arent this tactic, I liked, but this happened every week. It always seems to happen in November onwards till the end of the season. This tactic just went WLDLLLLL. Before I used another tactic on the side and had only lost twice up to start of December. The reason I stopped that tactic is I didnt like it, it was the 442 from Knap.

Open to suggestions.

Attachments

• IMG_8894.JPG
    IMG_8894.JPG
    499.2 KB · Views: 723
  • IMG_8895.JPG
    IMG_8895.JPG
    563.6 KB · Views: 765
Last edited:
  • Sad
Forgot to add these screenshots.

So this is 2 different teams, in 2 different leagues using this formation.

Do these tactics only work with "big" teams? Ones with good players? I think thats whats causing the issue with a lot of tactics, from my view anyway. They all seem to be tested with a decent side. I think its also where the tactic testing falls down. I personally think the tests should be in a normal league, with the worst team in it, to see how they get on. Not all the big teams chucked together.

Anyway, I ran this tactic with a conference team predicted bottom and a championship team predicted 19th. 13 games, 2 wins combined. I also lost the highlighted tactic in the screenshot with 0 wins, but rage quit FM. It was another 0-1 loss.

Attachments

• NIMG_8897.jpg
    NIMG_8897.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 627
  • NIMG_8898.jpg
    NIMG_8898.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 372
  • Sad
Forgot to add these screenshots.

So this is 2 different teams, in 2 different leagues using this formation.

Do these tactics only work with "big" teams? Ones with good players? I think thats whats causing the issue with a lot of tactics, from my view anyway. They all seem to be tested with a decent side. I think its also where the tactic testing falls down. I personally think the tests should be in a normal league, with the worst team in it, to see how they get on. Not all the big teams chucked together.

Anyway, I ran this tactic with a conference team predicted bottom and a championship team predicted 19th. 13 games, 2 wins combined. I also lost the highlighted tactic in the screenshot with 0 wins, but rage quit FM. It was another 0-1 loss.

Currently top of 433. GA pg even ranked second in overall tactics.

Last edited:

Currently top of 433. GA pg even ranked second in overall tactics.

Maybe it only works for good teams. My Championship side scored 0 in 5 games with this tactic. I'll give it another try on another save to see if its any better. I really do want it to work for me.

• Sad
Maybe it only works for good teams. My Championship side scored 0 in 5 games with this tactic. I'll give it another try on another save to see if its any better. I really do want it to work for me.

Even the underdog team of the test league is the top among 433. GA pg also ranked second in overall tactics.

If you can't believe the test leagues on this site, I can't convince you anymore.

Last edited:

Even the underdog team of the test league is the top among 433. GA pg also ranked second in overall tactics.

If you can't believe the test leagues on this site, I can't convince you anymore.

I am giving it another go. I did have success with another FM Korea tactic. It seems a weird FM this year, everyone is getting success with different tactics and failing with others! Its nothing against the creators, i'm only providing my own feedback on tests with conference teams and championship teams.

I am giving it another go. I did have success with another FM Korea tactic. It seems a weird FM this year, everyone is getting success with different tactics and failing with others! Its nothing against the creators, i'm only providing my own feedback on tests with conference teams and championship teams.
Are you one of TFF's 75 personalities?

Are you one of TFF's 75 personalities?
I don't think he is just genuinely struggled a bit this FM. I know the TFF situation has put us all on edge a little, but let's not that derail us from giving actual help.

I don't think he is just genuinely struggled a bit this FM. I know the TFF situation has put us all on edge a little, but let's not that derail us from giving actual help.

To add to this, the spirit of 92 is going well for me with a league 1 save. I think like Danwolf mentioned to me in another thread, man management and squad roles is needed more than it used to which took a bit getting used to!

I have different tactics with different teams now. Getting there slowly!

• Haha
Lololol! We are all TFF :p - I am having good fun with another of your tactics, the Raum and something its called. I've got the 433 on backup as I feel with a better squad it will be great to use!

I had 0 success with TFFs btw! :p
Thank you for taking my joke cheerfully.

Nice tactic this, won Premier League with Spurs 1st season - 86 points.