Reaction score
I do not feel that my following philosophy will work (as i have not tested this philosophy yet), but i hope that it does work, as the ME is far too hard. I could be winning and AI will score half the time, no matter if i 'dont change tactic as i am doing well', or 'switch to my most defensive tactic as i am winning'.

I am struggling on my llm tier 9 save and therefore hope to have found a work-around.....manipulation of the ME.

I am going to start again in llm tier 9 with 3 stored tactics. I am going to have each of my tactics very different to one another. I will then alternate between the 3 tactics-every 10 minutes (no matter what the scoreline is and how well/rubbish i am playing) to hopefully confuse the ME.

I will be trying this and will let you know the results later on. I am not confident this will work, but sure hope it does.

THE TEST
I like to start in llm and feel this is the right way to test this philosophy as teams are more evenly matched (on paper) in llm.

To make this philosophy even more genuine, i am not going to buy or loan players-i will leave this up to the board to implement those changes. As opposed to having 'greyed out' players, all i will just sign is all those 'local trial day' guys on £5 a week. Any other signings will be from the board.

Anyone is welcome to test this with me and hopefully if this philosophy is some-what helpful, may it be helpful to anyone that needs help with defeating the ME. I will be testing this and will let you know of any conclusions.

I do not feel that my following philosophy will work (as i have not tested this philosophy yet), but i hope that it does work, as the ME is far too hard. I could be winning and AI will score half the time, no matter if i 'dont change tactic as i am doing well', or 'switch to my most defensive tactic as i am winning'.

I am struggling on my llm tier 9 save and therefore hope to have found a work-around.....manipulation of the ME.

I am going to start again in llm tier 9 with 3 stored tactics. I am going to have each of my tactics very different to one another. I will then alternate between the 3 tactics-every 10 minutes (no matter what the scoreline is and how well/rubbish i am playing) to hopefully confuse the ME.

I will be trying this and will let you know the results later on. I am not confident this will work, but sure hope it does.

THE TEST
I like to start in llm and feel this is the right way to test this philosophy as teams are more evenly matched (on paper) in llm.

To make this philosophy even more genuine, i am not going to buy or loan players-i will leave this up to the board to implement those changes. As opposed to having 'greyed out' players, all i will just sign is all those 'local trial day' guys on £5 a week. Any other signings will be from the board.

Anyone is welcome to test this with me and hopefully if this philosophy is some-what helpful, may it be helpful to anyone that needs help with defeating the ME. I will be testing this and will let you know of any conclusions.

The only thing you are likely to do is confuse your players in the long run. Rather than try to game the match engine. why not actually try to ask for help and learn where you are going wrong.

THE TEST

lol..I would think the fellas at SI would of probs tested this philosophy. You could well confuse the ME into hammering you without mercy :) but am interested in hearing the results. Im far to lazy to help you with this...have fun

instead of changing tactics why not just develop shouts that change your mentality to control the game when required and throw caution to the wind when needed?

Pretty silly really...
Theres a lot of people struggling with this game and everyone surely knows at this stage that the computer changes during the match based on certain events... Its unbelievable that guys dont see how to overcome the problems they are having... If you dont watch the game on extended highlights at least and make changes with shouts or tweaks during the game to counter the computer then its no wonder you run into problems... And if you're still having problems its time to own up to your own short comings and start reading up on football tactics and how to analyse matchs etc...

@All replies-i understand where you are coming from, but i dont have much time to game. I also do not want to affect tactic familiarity by using shouts etc.
@Seacow-you have a sense of humur:)

So far.....

I was very nervous and didnt have any confidence at this. The match kicked off and Wisbech were all over me for 15-20 minutes
. They scored on 22 minutes. Abysmal performance thus far, but although after 15 minutes, we were playing better. That does not matter when you are losing though.

As the game wore on, my team were either playing even or even better then the opposition. Half time came and about 3 players looked anxious, but rest of the team was either no reaction or composed. The hard work paid off on 55 & 88 minutes. We won 2-1 and only played poor in the first 15-20 minutes. isbech did have some good chances but so did i. Wisbech had slightly better match ratings, but i was happy.

Wisbech have some better players, they were slight favorites too.

Yaxley United 2-1 Wisbech

Now you may think, that i won by fluke and i believe it is a fluke. But i dont often win a game on fm 2013, let alone to come from behind, so this meant something to me. With the win in this game, i am bound to lose the next game.

Done all friendlies and had indifferent results, presuming that i am really not good or even average in this years edition-i am satisfied that i didnt lose 5 out of 7 games or 0-3 in any friendly:). I think most matches are even, or AI and i have their spells in ME, unlike before, where the AI was ott too good.

2-1 Wisbech
0-2 Mildenhall
0-0 Holbeach
1-0 Baldock
0-2 Peterborough NS
1-1 Amstey Nomads (Backroom staff arrived-a coach; taking over team talks)
1-1 Newmarket (i can remember AI kept changing tactics constantly, at least 20 times in second half)

I started off with 2 players and had a local trial day and gave everyone a youth contract, most on £5 a week. I have 31 players (sounds alot-but i noticed injuries are high in the game), so focused heavily on 'team cohesion' as i feel this is as important as tactic familiarity. Speaking of which, my players are not familiar with with. Most of them are competent and awkward. I may drop the training intensity to balanced as pre-season has finished.

Come to think of it, taking into account of the many new players, low tactic familiarity, no scout, physio or assistant manager and only just getting a coach-for my efforts, i am very pleased. I am finally getting into this game. I restarted so many times and as unorthodox as my method is-it has slighty paid off.

I just hope i can fill in the vacant positions. I deffo need physio and scout. Kind of funny that the board will not increase the wage budget for assistant manager potentials. No-one wants to be the clubs physio or scout yet.

Although very early days, at least i can win/draw 'some games'. Anyone else doing a tier 9 save?

no manager in the world goes into games with the same tactic week in week out.......... once you have figured out out to change it up a bit you will see results....

Go through your players, find a tactic that looks to suit the team, then tweak it until your happy. you should then have another one or even two tactics using the same philosophy which you can use to change it up during the season....

I have 3 stored tactics. They are all very different to give flexibility. I also change the roles and duties but not the manual sliders. I dont use shouts as i want to get used to same tactic. I presume that changing the training to 'average' will increase the match prep training?

Got night shift tonight, so cant game tonight