Mann United- When?

Can United hit top gear

• yes

Votes: 19 73.1%
  • no

Votes: 7 26.9%

• Total voters
From what I understand United has been pretty bad by their standards this season and has gotten a lot of lucky results (scorelines that lie, lots of last second goals). But they usually do a lot better in the second half of the season as they always do, and Rooney will pick up his form, so they're definitely a lock for the title...I'm surprised you guys think it'll be close. I know you'll consider me crazy but I think Rooney incredibly overrated...yeah he was amazing in 09-10 but I think he's showing his true colors now. I always thought he was just a poor man's Tevez. He covers as much ground as just about anyone and has decent skill and a good shot, but I don't think he's in the top 10 best players in the world. SAF gets the best from his players and Rooney fits in very well to the ManU system and can bag a lot of goals, nothing more. Whatever the case, he should improve as the season goes on and that'll be a big boost to ManU.

Anyway, with Vermaelen out for the season Arsenal is doomed, and I'm sure they'll have another key player or two out for a few months (always happens to them). Chelsea is too old, as I believed before the season (was shocked when they started out so well) and I don't think they'll seriously make a title challenge. City needs another season to gel before they'll be serious title challengers. And Tottenham isn't in the picture. If ManU picks up a lot of injuries than maybe it'll be close (especially if Vidic gets a bad injury), but I'm pretty sure they'll have the title by at least 6 points. FA Cup they could take too.

Champions League...well, they're not nearly as good as Real Madrid or Barca, but I don't think they'll have to play either of them until the Semi-final or final, so I think they'll get that far. ManU's style suits them very well for the Champions League so they should do well. Valencia usually struggles in the Champions League and have a lot of new players this year, Inter is going through a lot of problems right now, I don't know if Roma is very good, and AC Milan is the only other team that look strong enough to beat one of the Prem teams. Bayern hasn't done well in the league this year and Schalke has spent much of the season avoiding the relegation zone. Marseille shouldn't be too hard for them in the first round, since French teams always struggle in the Champions League. I don't think they've been too good in the league this year either if I remember correctly. If ManU have to face Chelsea I don't think they'll have too much difficulty because I think Chelsea is in serious trouble right now. I'm sure that ManU won't get paired next round with R. Madrid or Barca, and probably not AC Milan either, and I think they'd beat the rest of the teams.

I don't think this team is nearly as good as when they had Tevez and Ronaldo and some of their other players were younger, but there's not a lot of serious competition in the Prem right now, and for that matter, the world. Other than Barca and Real Madrid (the former is possibly the best team in history and the latter is unstoppable right now), I don't rate any other teams in the world very highly.

From what I understand United has been pretty bad by their standards this season and has gotten a lot of lucky results (scorelines that lie, lots of last second goals). But they usually do a lot better in the second half of the season as they always do, and Rooney will pick up his form, so they're definitely a lock for the title...I'm surprised you guys think it'll be close. I know you'll consider me crazy but I think Rooney incredibly overrated...yeah he was amazing in 09-10 but I think he's showing his true colors now. I always thought he was just a poor man's Tevez. He covers as much ground as just about anyone and has decent skill and a good shot, but I don't think he's in the top 10 best players in the world. SAF gets the best from his players and Rooney fits in very well to the ManU system and can bag a lot of goals, nothing more. Whatever the case, he should improve as the season goes on and that'll be a big boost to ManU.

Poor mans Tevez....

Rooney was better than than Tevez when he was here IMO soo...
Also its not Rooney showing his true colours, his personal life has been deeply hampering his performances and also he is playing a more withdrawn role.

Anyway, with Vermaelen out for the season Arsenal is doomed, and I'm sure they'll have another key player or two out for a few months (always happens to them). Chelsea is too old, as I believed before the season (was shocked when they started out so well) and I don't think they'll seriously make a title challenge. City needs another season to gel before they'll be serious title challengers. And Tottenham isn't in the picture. If ManU picks up a lot of injuries than maybe it'll be close (especially if Vidic gets a bad injury), but I'm pretty sure they'll have the title by at least 6 points. FA Cup they could take too.

Champions League...well, they're not nearly as good as Real Madrid or Barca, but I don't think they'll have to play either of them until the Semi-final or final, so I think they'll get that far. ManU's style suits them very well for the Champions League so they should do well. Valencia usually struggles in the Champions League and have a lot of new players this year, Inter is going through a lot of problems right now, I don't know if Roma is very good, and AC Milan is the only other team that look strong enough to beat one of the Prem teams. Bayern hasn't done well in the league this year and Schalke has spent much of the season avoiding the relegation zone. Marseille shouldn't be too hard for them in the first round, since French teams always struggle in the Champions League. I don't think they've been too good in the league this year either if I remember correctly. If ManU have to face Chelsea I don't think they'll have too much difficulty because I think Chelsea is in serious trouble right now. I'm sure that ManU won't get paired next round with R. Madrid or Barca, and probably not AC Milan either, and I think they'd beat the rest of the teams.

I don't think this team is nearly as good as when they had Tevez and Ronaldo and some of their other players were younger, but there's not a lot of serious competition in the Prem right now, and for that matter, the world. Other than Barca and Real Madrid (the former is possibly the best team in history and the latter is unstoppable right now), I don't rate any other teams in the world very highly.

This is the same Chelsea that Ferguson said was too old at the start of last season?? Only this season we have sold alot of the older players and bought through some of our youth players so if anything we have got younger.

I know you'll consider me crazy but I think Rooney incredibly overrated...yeah he was amazing in 09-10 but I think he's showing his true colors now. I always thought he was just a poor man's Tevez. He covers as much ground as just about anyone and has decent skill and a good shot, but I don't think he's in the top 10 best players in the world. SAF gets the best from his players and Rooney fits in very well to the ManU system and can bag a lot of goals, nothing more. Whatever the case, he should improve as the season goes on and that'll be a big boost to ManU.
yes we do.
on current form no one can kid themselves into thinking rooneys top 10
but on top form top 5/6

You, my friend, are difficult to please. ;) It is the most competitive Premier League for some time, with teams all capable of taking points off each other. The gap between top and bottom is shrinking each year. As for Rooney, the man is world class but obviously out on form. Last year the goals came, but before that he has been integral to everything United have won in recent years. Arsenal may well give Barca a run for their money in the CL too

Last edited:
This is the same Chelsea that Ferguson said was too old at the start of last season?? Only this season we have sold alot of the older players and bought through some of our youth players so if anything we have got younger.
but lost some of that strength in depth they had.
ballack and carvalho havent been replaced adequetly enough

but lost some of that strength in depth they had.
ballack and carvalho havent been replaced adequetly enough

I never said we had done, his point was that our squad is too old when if anything we have made it more youthful.

You, my friend, are difficult to please. ;) It is the most competitive Premier League for some time, with teams all capable of taking points off each other. The gap between top and bottom is shrinking each year. As for Rooney, the man is world class but obviously out on form. Last year the goals came, but before that he has been integral to everything United have won in recent years. Arsenal may well give Barca a run for their money in the CL too

Agree with you apart from the Arsenal bit mate.
Barca will rip apart Arsenal!!!

yes we do.
on current form no one can kid themselves into thinking rooneys top 10
but on top form top 5/6

Yup, on top form maybe even a lucky 3rd?

I never said we had done, his point was that our squad is too old when if anything we have made it more youthful.

Agree with you. It is younger now but too young. E.g when your bench is made up of a lot of in-experienced youngster now.

How long does it take to gel a mature team it's past the midpoint in the season lol nothing against United think they're strong in the back yet lack finishing consistency

How long does it take to gel a mature team it's past the midpoint in the season lol nothing against United think they're strong in the back yet lack finishing consistency
the goals will hopefully come from rooney.
or maybe berbatov can continue scoring.
or maybe chicarito will get more game time= more goals

i know but at what price?

Alot of Chelsea fans would sacrifice maybe not winning anything for a year or 2 while the young lads establish themselfs in the first team. Short term pain for long term gain if you will.

---------- Post added at 01:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 AM ----------

Agree with you apart from the Arsenal bit mate.
Barca will rip apart Arsenal!!!

Yup, on top form maybe even a lucky 3rd?

Agree with you. It is younger now but too young. E.g when your bench is made up of a lot of in-experienced youngster now.

Yer i agree maybe it is abit too young, but just think next season these lads will have a whole years first team expirence to their name and that is massive for their development.

Alot of Chelsea fans would sacrifice maybe not winning anything for a year or 2 while the young lads establish themselfs in the first team. Short term pain for long term gain if you will.
i personally feel that sturritdge and co aren't good enough to replace drogba, lampard etc

---------- Post added at 01:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 AM ----------

Yer i agree maybe it is abit too young, but just think next season these lads will have a whole years first team expirence to their name and that is massive for their development.
yeah next season evans will have more expirience,smalling,chicharito,welbeck,cleverley

Yeah agree with ya markodragojevic & cjacko11

Next season/year is gonna be a major one for the development of Man u & Chelsea's young 'uns

Next season Man Utd are going to rape the EPL with Man City, We got Welbeck,cleverley,macheda and co all with match experince, we are going to be a major major force next season... and yes we can hit top form...

I don't want to turn this into yet another Utd v Chelsea thread, but the Chelsea youngsters aren't really getting a lot of game time... I personally think they should have had more chances given your form

as long as players like the legend in my sig show loyalty and great team spirit, we can really hit great form this year.