Manual Pellegrini 'The Engineer' City Tactic Re-Creation

result from playing the kobenhaven game again, and before anyone asks, im playing a net game with a mate and the last screenshots were from the same game but my own save, if that makes sense haha :p

this time the tactic was ready to use, all tweeks done etc...

View attachment 380694View attachment 380695View attachment 380696View attachment 380697

as you can see, high possession stats, high passes completed stat per position and obviuosly a better scoreline.

so far so good :)

this was with the normal tactic

I'd be willing to work with you mate, although my roles are the same as yours. The DM-S looks good for tough aways etc. Looking good so far!

I'd be willing to work with you mate, although my roles are the same as yours. The DM-S looks good for tough aways etc. Looking good so far!

Yeah seems pretty solid so far mate, maybe give them afew games testing and let me know your feedback and tweak suggestions

Only thing I've noticed so far and this is the reason I never made the tactic like this in the 1st place is that the wingers don't track back much, which could become a problem against some top teams?

Good analysis, did you do that? :)

Where did you get the pictures from?

Yeah seems pretty solid so far mate, maybe give them afew games testing and let me know your feedback and tweak suggestions

Only thing I've noticed so far and this is the reason I never made the tactic like this in the 1st place is that the wingers don't track back much, which could become a problem against some top teams?

Yeah, i'm cranking up my FM now and will give it a go! And the winger won't track back, the right flank will be weaker then the left defensively, but I guess that's something we'll have to try and sort

Despite being a United fan, I was impressed by City's win against Newcastle and was intrigued by the tactic used. I am gonna load up FM in a bit and try and test/tweak this too. I think the main issue is how defensively adept this will be. But lets test it first!

Yeah, i'm cranking up my FM now and will give it a go! And the winger won't track back, the right flank will be weaker then the left defensively, but I guess that's something we'll have to try and sort

Cheers mate, I think the tactic I've uploaded is the 1 with the 2 cm/dm shooting set to rarely, maybe swap and change that see how it works.

I think I've also changed the left wingers roaming to yes aswell if u wana change that

If we get this right, this could be 1 of the 1st 442 with high wingers tactic to be made and successful this year I think? Could be wrong but can't remember another that's worked and been released

1st league game, so 1st real test with the tactic

View attachment 381150View attachment 381151

Solid start to the season, after around 60 mins i changed the width to the default setting and then scored 3.

going to start next game with the width at default to see how that works

also played the game with focus passing put through the middle

The thing that I want achieve with the tactic is: Striker moves wide -> winger moves inside
Winger moves inside -> full back fills space
Full back fills space -> central midfielder moves wide
If we can do that, I think this tactic could be devastating. Now to try and get it to work.

The thing that I want achieve with the tactic is: Striker moves wide -> winger moves inside
Winger moves inside -> full back fills space
Full back fills space -> central midfielder moves wide
If we can do that, I think this tactic could be devastating. Now to try and get it to work.

thing is with the wingers is that navas doesnt really cut inside, hes more of an old fashoned winger who hugs the line.

its also hard to incorporate all that into a tactic and get it right both attacking and defesively

If we get this right, this could be 1 of the 1st 442 with high wingers tactic to be made and successful this year I think? Could be wrong but can't remember another that's worked and been released

Didn't Raikan do one? I don't normal go into the tactics section but I am fairly sure he did some kind of a 4-2-2-2, and let's be honest, it was probably successful

Yeah cool. I've got a long car journey soon so I'll update my progress later tonight.