Manutd 1st season

• Thread starter Thread starter jmarsden7
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 6K

jmarsden7

Reaction score
Hi all. Decided to start a new career with united, looking for reccomendations of signings all over the pitch.
budget of £65m

I want to sell RVP but I find it hard to get anyone to bid for him even if I offer to clubs for a lot less than his value.. I'm sure he's good but I want to make this team my own.

any help with these two questions, would be appreciated :)
thanks.

sign:
carvajal, coentrao, Otamendi, Vidal.
As for Van Persie offer him to clubs for 15-20 mill Arseanl/ chelsae usually come sniffing around for him.

Hi all. Decided to start a new career with united, looking for reccomendations of signings all over the pitch.
budget of £65m

I want to sell RVP but I find it hard to get anyone to bid for him even if I offer to clubs for a lot less than his value.. I'm sure he's good but I want to make this team my own.

any help with these two questions, would be appreciated :)
thanks.

You'd be insane to sell Van Persie he scored 27 in 34 in all competitions for me.
View attachment 265912

sign:
As for Van Persie offer him to clubs for 15-20 mill Arseanl/ chelsae usually come sniffing around for him.

There isn't much chance of signing all of those on the £65 million budget given at the start of the season. I mean Vidal would take the whole budget plus more, Carvajal would take a large portion of it along with Otamendi but you have Rojo and Jones to be the teams best partnership for quite some time. I signed Marquinho's for £3.5 Balanta for £7 million in January of first season, Romero for £9.25 and Ruben Neves for his release clause of £14 million then Kishna £5.75 Vallejo £1.1 which only took £40 million and had a strong team with young blood in the team and potential players to be world class players after getting playing time and experience!!

Look at Kinglsey Coman from Juve not cheap but worth it and Lucas Boye can get for around 5 mil

Look at Kinglsey Coman from Juve not cheap but worth it and Lucas Boye can get for around 5 mil

Looked up that Kingsley Coman as not heard of that one and would have signed him myself but my midfield is great already but they said they'd sell to me for less than £8 million

You'd be insane to sell Van Persie he scored 27 in 34 in all competitions for me.
View attachment 856833

There isn't much chance of signing all of those on the £65 million budget given at the start of the season. I mean Vidal would take the whole budget plus more, Carvajal would take a large portion of it along with Otamendi but you have Rojo and Jones to be the teams best partnership for quite some time. I signed Marquinho's for £3.5 Balanta for £7 million in January of first season, Romero for £9.25 and Ruben Neves for his release clause of £14 million then Kishna £5.75 Vallejo £1.1 which only took £40 million and had a strong team with young blood in the team and potential players to be world class players after getting playing time and experience!!

I managed to do it with installments. you can get more than 67 mill if u move the slider toward transfers

Classical signings:Lucas Romero,Eder Balanta,Memphis Depay,Pavel Kaderabek,Paolo Dybala...

sign:

Why in **** to sign Coentrao when he already has Shaw,which is one of the best LB's ingame
+Daley Blind,Marcos Rojo...

Please don't sell rvp, guy is ****** insane. You have rojo and shaw for lb, don't really need players there. Maybe get kaderabek to rotate with Rafael. Balanta to pair with Jones at cb. Get in depay and offload Ashley young. Look at ould chikh, excellent future prospect at rw. Also, Vallejo from Zaragoza. Lucas Romero is also an option, but try for him in your second season, don't need him in the first.. Use Wilson, he becomes a beast. Also, keep Valencia, he's an excellent tutor. Sergio Diaz and Federico bonazzoli are other young future striker prospects.

Tl;Dr; other than balanta and maybe depay, you don't really need first teamers, buy for the future.

I normally sell Valencia, Young, Fellaini, RVP, Rafael, Anderson and Fletcher and then normally have a play around with trying to get a good defender, a right back that isnt injured every week, a holding midfielder and Depay.

First seasons transfer window tends to be tricky for me to offload the players I want to.

Latest patch I try and sell Smalling, Linndegaard, Fellaini, Valencia and Young.

For first season I try and get a back up right back, a back up left back and either samper or tielemans.

I tend to sell Blind in the 2nd season and prefer rojo as a cb

Why in **** to sign Coentrao when he already has Shaw,which is one of the best LB's ingame
+Daley Blind,Marcos Rojo...

i agree that shaw is the best lb ingame but he does get injured quite often. daley blind is too slow and i preferede rojo at CB. Coentrao had the best average rating in the league in his first season when i brought him and was good competition for shaw. ;)

I managed to do it with installments. you can get more than 67 mill if u move the slider toward transfers

Yes, I'm aware of that but why would you want to put the clubs finances in more red than it currently is? When there are cheaper options who can become better players themselves? Personally refuse to pay out a massive fee unless I feel the player is more than worth it and a player I'm unlikely to sell. I sign young players mostly who can be a profitable investment

What most people have advised is not realistic or even necessary!

1. If you still have Anderson and Fletcher in your squad - sell them.
2. Sell Fellaini and Young - use the method for selling players for high amounts in my UNCLE MAD'S BOX OF CHOCCY'S thread.
3. Your centre forwards (Rooney/Falcao/RVP) are quite good for a season. But you need more if you re going to go for all trophies (easily doable). I would advise to use Wilson AND to buy another player - Zaza is pretty good and not expensive at around 10m incl instalments.

After a season:

(a) Dont buy Falcao
(b) Sell RVP
(c) Sell Zaza
(d) Sell Chicharito and Angelo Henriquez
(e) Buy Raheem Sterling and Berardi

4. Your weakness is in central/defensive midfield: buy Kranevitter, Romero and Gas Gil Romero (buy all of them - if you do you ll be well set up for the next 10 years at least. In season 2 you can splash the cash on Pogba and thats your cms for a decade).
5. If you sell Young (you should) - you will need another winger/if; make it be DEPAY (though MUNIR is also an option).
6. The defense is well balanced. I would advise that you only buy BALANTA.
7. I would also buy Will Hughes if I had any change left over (to deal with the CL quotas in future)

2. Sell Fellaini and Young - use the method for selling players for high amounts in my UNCLE MAD'S BOX OF CHOCCY'S thread.
3. Your centre forwards (Rooney/Falcao/RVP) are quite good for a season. But you need more if you re going to go for all trophies (easily doable). I would advise to use Wilson AND to buy another player - Zaza is pretty good and not expensive at around 10m incl instalments.

After a season:

(a) Dont buy Falcao
(b) Sell RVP
(c) Sell Zaza

4. Your weakness is in central/defensive midfield: buy Kranevitter, Romero and Gas Gil Romero (buy all of them - if you do you ll be well set up for the next 10 years at least. In season 2 you can splash the cash on Pogba and thats your cms for a decade).
5. If you sell Young (you should) - you will need another winger/if; make it be DEPAY (though MUNIR is also an option).
7. I would also buy Will Hughes if I had any change left over (to deal with the CL quotas in future)

All depends on what update he's using with the Sterling signing Liverpool wouldn't allow him to leave with a reasonable price though. Robin Van Persie is one of the best strikers at the start of the game and best finishers too!

After a season:

(a) Dont buy Falcao
(b) Sell RVP
(c) Sell Zaza

I literally don't think I could have put it better myself, Although some of them players I, like many have signed way too often i.e. Balanta, Romero etc.

Sell: Young, Fellaini, Henriquez, Chicharito, Smalling.
Buy: Vallejo, Depay, Lacazette, Pjanic (becomes one of the best CM in the game), Samper, Clyne.

All depends on what update he's using with the Sterling signing Liverpool wouldn't allow him to leave with a reasonable price though. Robin Van Persie is one of the best strikers at the start of the game and best finishers too!

Yes - but if he does what I told him in the first season (and note that I told him to keep RVP for the first season exactly cos of what you say) he will win stuff and get prize money and get loads to spend 2nd season.

If in second season he sells: Zaza, RVP, frees up wages from Falcao, sells Chicharito and Henriquez the considerable transfer kitty he will get will be bolstered by the money he gets from the sales of these players. So, using instalments, he will be able to get at least 2 of Berardi/Pogba/Sterling - if, say, Sterling is not possible there are other options if he wants English (Berahino) or foreign (Insigne/Dybala/Vietto etc).

In any case squad building when at one of the top teams is very different from squad building when at one of the smaller ones ...

Yes - but if he does what I told him in the first season (and note that I told him to keep RVP for the first season exactly cos of what you say) he will win stuff and get prize money and get loads to spend 2nd season.

If in second season he sells: Zaza, RVP, frees up wages from Falcao, sells Chicharito and Henriquez the considerable transfer kitty he will get will be bolstered by the money he gets from the sales of these players. So, using instalments, he will be able to get at least 2 of Berardi/Pogba/Sterling - if, say, Sterling is not possible there are other options if he wants English (Berahino) or foreign (Insigne/Dybala/Vietto etc).

In any case squad building when at one of the top teams is very different from squad building when at one of the smaller ones ...

Yes I did see, but I don't personally sell him he's still a quality player for my squad at 33/34. I don't agree with some things you've suggested either personally, but everyone is different on how they go about transfer. :) I managed to get given a hefty £90 million for the 2015 summer window so he should be fine with finances regardless of selling of players too

Yes I did see, but I don't personally sell him he's still a quality player for my squad at 33/34. I don't agree with some things you've suggested either personally, but everyone is different on how they go about transfer. :) I managed to get given a hefty £90 million for the 2015 summer window so he should be fine with finances regardless of selling of players too

I can see the point of keeping RVP till hes 33/34 but I always sell people by the time they become 31/2 ...

I can see the point of keeping RVP till hes 33/34 but I always sell people by the time they become 31/2 ...

I tend to sell people by the time they're around 29-32 in order to get decent fees (unless I really like them), regardless of the club situation, but RvP definitely is an exception to that rule. He is definitely worth the salary paid to him ingame (shame I can't say the same IRL atm). In my save on the default database, he got around 40+ goals each season in the League until he was 35 or so, after which I got bored with the save. I dunno how he'll progress in the latest database, but atm, in the first season, he has 33 goals and 5 assists in 16 matches.

Thing with RvP is insane technicals and mentals which totally make up for average physicals. Those insane stats, coupled with 'Shoots with Power' make him an unstoppable goal machine.

Back