Boro boy1

Reaction score
Just wondering if many have done this? I've played many of seasons on fm14 but just finding some of the features are just not as good and pretty unrealistic. Not saying fm14 is a bad game but 13 was just much more enjoyable for me, anyone else?

lol.

List all the features you find 'unrealistic', thanks. Also elaborate on 'not as good', this helps nobody.

The question is has anyone gone back!! The unrealistic things are teams wanting 60 mill for a player worth 5, not been able to give players worth 5+ mill away for free. Winning teams like Man U then getting beat by the likes of Ipswich in the next game with the same 11 even though you've had 10 times more shots on target, this one could be acceptable of happened now and again but it's all the time. This is my opinion and if you look there's a lot of people agreeing. If you don't like it don't comment because I'm asking who's gone back..that's it

Nope, playing FM14 almost exclusively, although I still have a FM13 Arsenal save that I check back on because I'm not ready to let it go yet.

Yeah I still havent played FM 14 thouroghly, actually waiting till the game has been all updated from SI. So am still playing FM13 these days, not that I?m complaining :)
In january FM 14 probably have been fully updated, thats when I start playing it and maybe start to forget all about FM13 ;P

The question is has anyone gone back!! The unrealistic things are teams wanting 60 mill for a player worth 5, not been able to give players worth 5+ mill away for free. Winning teams like Man U then getting beat by the likes of Ipswich in the next game with the same 11 even though you've had 10 times more shots on target, this one could be acceptable of happened now and again but it's all the time. This is my opinion and if you look there's a lot of people agreeing. If you don't like it don't comment because I'm asking who's gone back..that's it

Tbh I think FM 2013 is like that, I have been considering buying FM 2014 but only at a decent price e.g. 10 pounds because for what it is worth I don't think it sounds all that different if not perhaps worse, I still play FM 2013 and regulary go back to FM 2011 because that was my absolute favorite in the series and the one I have the best files on, like I have a 45 year career on it and I still can't get enough of it even though my managers in his 70's now.

I returned to FM13 for a bit as I've an epic Liverpool save but I don't like how FIFA-esque the Match Engine is (Player with **** first touch catching a cross first time and smashing it into the top corner just kills it for me). I honestly think the FM14 engine is more realistic since it's gritty and messy; it reminds me of how chaotic actual football is and I enjoy the challenge more.

nope, I really couldn't get into 13 and ended up going back to 12 early on as I just couldn't make any headway with it, no matter what seemed to be wrong with my side I just couldn't fix it, even the obvious problems. I did retry it once it was all patched but still found it more of a slog and not as enjoyable as 12 or this years game.

Speaking of which I'm really enjoying this years game as I can work out what's going wrong for my team and fix it as everything seems far more logical then 13 did, the players follow my intsructions better which means I can now work out why things aer going wrong and find the solution to it fairly easily as I can see what effect the changes I'm making are having.

I've not yet had any problem's with the transfer market, infact I think it's improved over the last couple of games as AI clubs are now far more in sync with how I am which makes the whole experience feel better. Overall when making bids for players from other clubs or trying to offload my unwanted players I've found the AI seems to work how I would, making me pay extra for top players, and being willing to sell players under their value when they are not wanted/needed. they also seem to make similar bids for my players as I would if it was the other way around and I've found them not too bad to negotiate with, agents on the other hand have been a little annoying but most of that is because they want their players to be on higher wages if I'm to sign them for longer then they would want which again seems realistic.

I have. The new tactics system put me off completely. Not a dig at the game at all - I just don't have the time/patience to try and learn it. It seems simpler on the face of it but I just couldn't get the hang of it.

I've never downloaded tactics before (except the Diablo for a bit of fun) but I think that's the only way I'm gonna get into FM14.