shaunyboy89

Reaction score
I was a little saddened to see Marc-Andre sign for Barcelona in real life. Purely because he was always a target of mine when managing a top level club. I know, now, I will probably never sign him on Football Manager ever again. It's a sad day. :'(

I was a little saddened to see Marc-Andre sign for Barcelona in real life. Purely because he was always a target of mine when managing a top level club. I know, now, I will probably never sign him on Football Manager ever again. It's a sad day. :'(

Haha I dont think im going to update just for that reason!

The same feeling when Shakhtar bought everyone i used to sign like Wellington Nem, Bernard and Ferreya

And they left this monster for free ! Amazing stats !!!

It was one of those where I had him on my Shortlist for a while, and then a message can up saying that he had snubbed Barcelona's offer of a new contract. So as soon as January 1st came around, I used the Approach to Sign option to line him up for the summer.

The only drawback is that, being Egyptian, he disappears every other Jan/Feb to play in the African Nations' Cup. He went to the Olympics once, too, but fortunately I have a Saints Academy regen 'keeper who is almost as good and fills one of the home-grown berths for the Prem & Champions League squads. I play him in the cups to keep him settled.

In every Catalan cloud, Shauny, there is a world class goalkeeper just waiting to be signed on a free transfer:

Reflexes 11 and one-on-ones 10? I guess you can't have everything. And he's too short. ;-)

(Only joking - I know that command of area and so on are much more important than shot-stopping, but I got rather spoiled when Saso Fornezzi's cat-like reflexes kept Bristol City in the Premier League in FM11.)

Anyway, in my current save I was on the verge of signing ter Stegen on a free for Norwich until he went to... Barcelona. So it's like I've lost him twice...

He's already been mentioned but Leverkusen have your back in Leno, looks a top player. I'm sure he'll slot into the instant buy role next season.