Marcelino 4-4-2 Valencia 2018 - Worked insane (realistic system)

Nima

Reaction score
I'm fascinated by Marcelino García Toral's season in Valencia and thought I remaked it in FM18.

Download the tactic: View attachment 69932
I have uploaded the tactic as file as mediafire is down for maintance. I will put it up for those who wish later on mediafire as well.

Some info of Valencia 2018

Marcelino García Toral: "I like order, discipline and commitment,"
Marcelino is known for:
4-4-2 with the players have clear roles in a rigid system.
The team must defend itself as a unit and create problems for opponents on counter.

The team have two central midfielders. One who is playmaker and while the other midfielder is the one who wins the ball and the defende team. Both is good with the ball. Considering that there will be some break in the middle and both should be able to initiate a counter.

The wide players in Valencia work both way, they defend hard and and join the attack in counters. They draw towards the center when the team wins the ball and creates room for the fullbacks coming up.

The wings and back of Valencia can all be dribble.
That mean you have 4 players who can, at any time, try to create chaos on the counter with the ball.

At the top: Have a false striker who collects the ball and links the team toghether specially in counter attacks. Since there is a big gap between the attack and the midfield when the team defends.
His partner, Valencia use a striker runs in rooms that are present at the same time have good finishing with with his head and feet (Zaza).

Team instructions and shape for my game

Why I chose the roles and teamshape:
Attacking: The team is going to risk in transition while I chose structured games so that only the offensive roles take risk in attack. Its important to finish the attack and dont send to many players up at same time. The offensive players should have pace, flair and cand drible.

The defense is deep so that you get the counters you want.
Valencia does not make a lot of crosses, so I wanted the team to go trough middle.

Valencia is very agressive when the opponent enters their half. So players close down and mark tight.

See yourself what you think and if there are any Valencia fans here I'd love to hear what you think :)

Game against Barcelona:
View attachment 69931

Formation
View attachment 69930

Table:

View attachment 69929

Team ins -
View attachment 69928

View attachment 69927

And as well - When you lead and there about 15 min left - change attacking to contain. No need for risk ore you can concade some goals late in the game.

I'm testing now with Wigan Athletic, so far 2 games, a 4-1 away win and a 3-0 home win (down to 10 men from 34th minute)...impressive stuff early biscuits.

What do you do when you go down to 10 men?

I'm testing now with Wigan Athletic, so far 2 games, a 4-1 away win and a 3-0 home win (down to 10 men from 34th minute)...impressive stuff early biscuits.

What do you do when you go down to 10 men?

I normaly take out the false striker. You wont get many direct red cards, but be vary of two yellow cars. If a player have yellow in first half , I normaly change them early in the 2nd half.

Nah

Lost 4-1 away to Shakhtar as AC Milan with only 2 shots on target.

Lost 4-1 away to Shakhtar as AC Milan with only 2 shots on target.
I tought about try with Milan, but I didint see the right players. Dont know if this fit Milan that well.

the only tactic i realy like!! i prefer this without get stuk in!(many reds) !! NICE tactic!!

Looks interesting! Will try in my save