dhurley

Reaction score
I've attempted to recreate Marcelo Bielsa's way of playing in real life.
He is known for his overwhelmingly high press and having numbers in all parts of the pitch.

I have made 2 tactics, both very similar but one provides a bit of extra cover in midfield.

It would be great if a few people could test them out at different clubs to see how they get on and also what can be tweaked.

(IMPORTANT) Make sure you have these opposition instructions so that the players press constantly off the ball
View attachment 295709

(I took "close down always" off the strikers. it brings the defenders out of position too much. Maybe mark them tightly)

TACTICS.
View attachment 295708 i use this one most of the time.
View attachment 295707 i use this one for games that i think i will have a tougher time of winning.

Give your team some time to learn the tactic. I've noticed with this being a unusual way of playing it will take a bit more time for your team to get fluid with the tactic.

Last edited:
I'm noticing that scoring is no problem with this tactic, it's conceding. I'm Marseille and i'm yet to keep a clean sheet.

As i said in the last post, scoring is not a problem. But i am having a problem where i'm struggling to get my striker to score. 90% of the goals are coming from the wingers and AMC. Now thats not necessarily a bad thing because i'm still scoring, but the striker isn't really getting in the game enough.

View attachment 295512 View attachment 295511 View attachment 295510

Now compare the wingers stats to the strikers

View attachment 295509 View attachment 295507

As you can see they're not so great. I actually changed the striker role to a defensive forward (s) which is actually Gignac's best role but still no luck.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Any ss of the tactic shape and roles?