Marcin Wasilewski Returns to Football after Horror Leg Break

Jamie F

Surprise *****!
Reaction score
I think most of us remember back in August that Axel Witsel broke the leg of Marcin Wasilewski in 2 places after a horrible challenge. He was told that he may never play again but after 5 separate operations he returned a couple of weeks ago in the final game of the season.

I'm not sure if many people are interested but I think it's a remarkable story, the short period of time that it has taken for him to return from such a horrible injury, I feel it deserves a mention. Link to the story below

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/association=bel/news/newsid=1486624.html

(If there is another thread on this then I'll close this but I did check and I seen nothing)

glad he's back. that was one of the worst tackles i ever seen

Hopefully he can return as a good player and not a shadow of his former self.

Good luck.

Good to see him back, that tackle was horrendous.

Watched it on youtube and I hoped that since Witsel had been linked with Everton he wouldn't come. In his eyes he didn't go for the ball and I saw that he went for the man so I'm glad he's back and hope he will be better than last time

Good to see him back playing again. Victim of one of the worst tackles ive ever seen.

Wow, 5 operations? Well done to the lad, hopefully he breaks Witsel's for revenge.

All the best, hope it never happens to any player. Eduardo is shadow of his former self and hope Ramsey doesn't lose his confidence. Even as a Manc i wish him all the best as the Kid is very special.

Witsel had his ban reduced to just 8 matches down from I think it was 12. A bit of a disgrace if you ask me, the fact he had the nerve to try and protest his innocence is just sick