Reaction score
Never been able to sign this player, as a club in England. He's rated as a 4 star CB, fairly young with solid stats and Sporting will let him go for 1 Million. I have NEVER been able to get a work permit for this guy, with Newcastle/Hull and even Chelsea I've never been able to get him a work permit. He also has 17 caps for the Argentinian national team. But he is 75% owned by an agent.

So what factors into a playing getting a work permit? Is it because his agent owns the majority of him? Has anyone been able to get him a permit in England?

I think the rule is they have to either be an outstanding young player (which he apparently isn't for some stupid reason) who the FA/whoever decides this thinks should be allowed in or they have to have played at least 80% of the games for the national team in the last 2 years. Don't quote me on that exactly but it's something around there and he just doesn't qualify. Maybe he will later in the game though

I think the rule is they have to either be an outstanding young player (which he apparently isn't for some stupid reason) who the FA/whoever decides this thinks should be allowed in or they have to have played at least 80% of the games for the national team in the last 2 years. Don't quote me on that exactly but it's something around there and he just doesn't qualify. Maybe he will later in the game though

Huh, the 80% of national games in last 2 years seems like it could be right, thanks. The work permit system is never really explained in the game (as far as I know) so I've always wondered. But yeah, Marcos Rojo looks like a quality CB! was desperate to sign him on my Newcastle save but no WP. Shame.

If you have an affiliated club in Belgium or another country like that, you can sign them and then loan them out to gain work permits quicker

If you have an affiliated club in Belgium or another country like that, you can sign them and then loan them out to gain work permits quicker

You wouldn't loan a 23 year old full international who is already playing in Europe to a Belgian team, that's what you do with like an 18 year old you just bought from Brazil.

I really wish the game would explain work permits better, would help make things a lot easier/clearer.

You wouldn't loan a 23 year old full international who is already playing in Europe to a Belgian team, that's what you do with like an 18 year old you just bought from Brazil.

I really wish the game would explain work permits better, would help make things a lot easier/clearer.

If you can get affiliations with top Belgian teams such as Anderlect it is worth it. They are always in one of the European competitions.

If you can get affiliations with top Belgian teams such as Anderlect it is worth it. They are always in one of the European competitions.

True, I was just hoping to sign him so he could fit right into my first team. Belgium only takes 3 years, right? Might have to try and set one up for future purchases.

But is it worth buying a 23 year old and loaning him out until he is 26 when you could buy a player the same age and the same skill for probably near the same price and have him in your team right away. I would say he is just not worth it for an English team, looks a good buy for another top league where he can get a work permit.

I signed him with the beta version (with Lazio, different rules) for a cheap price, I think €3.4M, and then SI introduced the 'partially owned' thing which didn't allow me to play him anymore. I believe Sporting owned 25% only so the rest belonged to some agent. He had played half a season (or a season) with me before that and his value sky-rocketed to 23M so because of the new rule I was forced (he's a top player) to pay the agent 17M.. Now, I was going to suggest that if you do manage to get him and he is partially owned buy him fully but then I realised that you wouldn't be able to play him unless he was 100% yours so you'd obviously buy him fully :D I've never managed in the Premier League but I often see these work permits breaking deals, it seems pretty annoying. I actually don't understand how they work either, so a bit more clarity would be beneficial.

Good luck! If you can get him, he'll deliver!

But is it worth buying a 23 year old and loaning him out until he is 26 when you could buy a player the same age and the same skill for probably near the same price and have him in your team right away. I would say he is just not worth it for an English team, looks a good buy for another top league where he can get a work permit.
He'll usually get one long before he hits 26 though, you can just keep applying every so often.
I've only ever had one player not get one within 18 months.