Djzone

Reaction score
Just wondering does anyone think Mario Gotze would make a good poacher? He has alot of the stats needed except for low finishing (11) and one or two others. Edited him onto Bayern Munich and started a save with them to see how dominant i can be but i was thinking of re-training him as a striker but dont want to waste him.

Anyone tried this or think it would be a good idea?

Its the 13.3.0 version im using so updated stats.

Personally, I would include the stats that he won't be using. His ability to put the perfect T-ball etc, things you will now be missing out on. For me, it would be a loss to let him so things he no more than average at instead of things he is truly great at. He could make a good TQ( in the FC position )though.

I think that you should put him in his normal position cause he is beast there, but if you wanted him to score more goals you can do that setting thing on PI swap with ...... ST

Just wondering does anyone think Mario Gotze would make a good poacher? He has alot of the stats needed except for low finishing (11) and one or two others. Edited him onto Bayern Munich and started a save with them to see how dominant i can be but i was thinking of re-training him as a striker but dont want to waste him.

Anyone tried this or think it would be a good idea?

Its the 13.3.0 version im using so updated stats.

I'm a big fan of retraining players, but in this case I would heavily advise against it. Gotze has perfect stats for an advanced playmaker and 11 finishing for a poacher just isn't going to cut it. By all means though retrain players to positions that their stats suit.

I conducted an experimental save with Man United a couple of months ago whereby I bought in Sandro and Wanyama to be re-trained as centre backs, Andre Ayew to be re-trained as a left back(he scored 9 goals in the league), Umtiti of Lyon to play as a defensive midfielder and Florenzi of Roma to play as a striker(Rooney was playing CM and Van Persie as an AM.

The team ended up like this:

De Gea

Jones.....Wanyama.....Sandro........Ayew

Rafael.....Umtiti.........Rooney.....Kagawa
RVP
Florenzi​

Thanks for the feedback guys, im scared to try it because i know what i will be missing but on the other hand it could be the mother of all master strokes :) Doubt i will try it tho, ill just buy a a pacey striker instead

Perhaps you may experiment with it during small games with small teams, see how he does then. If results are positive, you may slowly begin playing him there in bigger games

Ya i was thinking i might do that, well he is injured at the moment so he can't play anywhere :D