Mario Jardel, what could have been...

• Thread starter Blynd1
  • Start date
  • Replies 22
  • Views 7K
B

Blynd1

Today a Portuguese newspapper made a report about what i think to be the biggest wasted talent in the entire football world, hes called Mario Jardel, a player that destroyed his carreer with drugs, women and *** scandals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mário_Jardel

The 3 clubs where he was called "Super Mario" were

Porto: 125 apps 130 goals 1996-2000
Galatasaray: 24 apps 22 goals 2000-2001
Sporting CP 49 apps 53 goals 2001-2003

After that he went to Bolton where he made 7 apps scoring 0 goals... He left Sporting because he was in colision with the manager and after that people found out he was on drugs.

He never had big chances in Brazil national team , and he says that was one of the main reasons he got himself to drugs, cause he thought if he couldn't get into his national team, it was worthless to play the game

In my opinion Jardel was one of the best players in the world until drugs changed his life...

FCPorto new star player , Hulk is said to be the new Jardel because hes also tremendously skilled (hes not on drugs :p) and hes doing AWESOMELY for his club, still not getting chances in Brazil national team, but i think he has more head then Jardel so he will not destroy his carreer.

The guy was UNIQUE, an excellent example on a waste of talent caused by his addictions. Lets hope players like Balotelli straighten up.

The most important goal of his carreer acording to him

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqnjHxSfDxE"]YouTube - GALATASARAY 3-2 Real Madrid[/ame]

The goal that gave Galatasaray the victory over Real Madrid.

I think Rangers were supposed to sign him a few years ago not sure though

remeber this gut when he was at galatasary and when he went to bolton he was about 18 stone and couldnt hit a barn door

I only just made a post about Jardel a few hours ago in the thread Best Poachers in the world.

Jardel has just left another club after only being their a few months because he thought it was to cold in Bulgaria.

Just wondering is he on FM?

I think Rangers were supposed to sign him a few years ago not sure though

think it didnt go through because of work permit things or something. which i was glad of. He would have destroyed SPL defences

I only just made a post about Jardel a few hours ago in the thread Best Poachers in the world.

Jardel has just left another club after only being their a few months because he thought it was to cold in Bulgaria.

Just wondering is he on FM?

no hes not, but he was on fm 2010 if i am right..

Last edited:
Oh right, I used to always sign him on Champ Manager 2008 he was with Newcastle Jets was a fairly good player on it.

EDIT: Brilliant stuff finding him mate what league will I have to load up to have him in my game?

Well, I'm not very knowledgable on the whole Football Manager thing, but if he's playing in the
Bulgarian League, wouldn't you need that to be active?

I remember being in absolute awe of Jardel when I was in my early teens. Absolutely incredible talent, such a shame he was outshone by Ronaldo and Romario in the Brazillian National team.

That lad was a freeking goal machine.
Superb striker.

I remember playing as Porto on CM 99/00, he was top goal scorer by a mile every season.

This title should be.

What SHOULD of been...

Such a shame, was sooo good.

Lol unbelievable found him on my boro save on 11.2 got his work permit and hes partnering rivaldo up top and he immediately started complaining about competition for his place. However his touch is immense lads I recommend signing him in the lower leagues, great little bargain. He does take alot of patience and you will have to hold your tongue, keeps coming out with press comments about training and lack of discipline. But when he settles he is superb from one and ones he has played 6 and scored 7, not bad for a guy who threw his career down the pan. XD