fantasma

Reaction score
I am using a 433/451 and i want that my inside forwards to specific mark the opposition fullbacks.
My problem is that these settings change sometimes. It doesn´t happen just when the other team changes their formation.

My question is. Does anyone know (in the ME) what is the difference between doing this (specific mark the opposition fullback) and set them to man mark?

Thanks in advance for your help

I am using a 433/451 and i want that my inside forwards to specific mark the opposition fullbacks.
My problem is that these settings change sometimes. It doesn´t happen just when the other team changes their formation.

My question is. Does anyone know (in the ME) what is the difference between doing this (specific mark the opposition fullback) and set them to man mark?

Thanks in advance for your help

What it says on the tin really. Man mark ( compared to zonal) means that the player Will mark the player closest to his position ä even when this person leaves his zon. Specific man mark does the same thing only here, you get to chose the player he should mark.( à striker dropping deep and mark the opponents DMC, or à central Mc doing the same, marking the opponents AMC.

The point is that specific man mark should be used to get à player mark à player he naturally would not.

In your example there is no difference if the fullbacks stay back at all times but as soon as they move upfield, the Wingers Will be instructed to track back with specific marking whilst not with the normal man marking.

Last edited:
What it says on the tin really. Man mark ( compared to zonal) means that the player Will mark the player closest to his position ä even when this person leaves his zon. Specific man mark does the same thing only here, you get to chose the player he should mark.( à striker dropping deep and mark the opponents DMC, or à central Mc doing the same, marking the opponents AMC.

The point is that specific man mark should be used to get à player mark à player he naturally would not.

ok, so u say that it will not make any difference to set my IF to man mark the opossition fullback, as he is the closest player to him on the pitch, i can only set them to man mark with the same effect?

ok, so u say that it will not make any difference to set my IF to man mark the opossition fullback, as he is the closest player to him on the pitch, i can only set them to man mark with the same effect?

No, I accidently posted before I was finished. My first post was edited at the same time as you wrote yours.

ok thanks, that makes all the diference, because i want them to track back and defend.

Something like this in attack

ST

IF IF

CM CM
WB DM WB

CB CB

and in defence time

ST

LM CM CM RM

DM

LB CB CB RB

And thanks a lot 4 ur help TBH. Once again