Mark's Ultimate Quiz

mark 19 times

Reaction score
i'm thinking of running a quiz every 2nd night or weekly quiz if the demand is good enough...
the advantage of having a more regular quiz every 2 days would be that on anniversaries like say the munich air disaster 6th febuary or hilsborough (not 100% sure of the date mid aprilish) we could have a quiz on manchester united or liverpool as a mark of respect.
this is only if and its a big if demand is big enough if not i'll still do it weekly
here's the twist from the different quizzes:
the topic of the quiz could be selected by you! if you post an idea for the day's quiz title, and i like it, that will be the topic for the quiz. if nothing is suggested i'll make either a topical quiz or just a general football quiz.
so just write on here if you would do it and maybe a suggested topic and if i judge demand to be big enough, the quiz will start tonight!!!
so who's in?
pm me your answers
oh and btw as there are no rewards but pride there is no point in cheating as you're only ruining a decent quiz
Round 1 - General 11/06/11
1. who was alex ferguson talking about when he said "he was born offside"?inzaghi
2.which team plays at the stadio fruili? udinese
3. who is the only player to have scored in the Manchester,Merseyside and Glasgow Derbies?andrei kanchelskis
4.Name 2 england captains to have played for scunthorpe united...and for 1 bonus point tell me the person who also played for sunthorpe united but captained england at a different sport keegan clemence and ian botham
5.which is the largest city in england never to have had a league team?wakefield
6. Only 5 teams who play in a capital city have won the european cup. name them (1 point per correct answer)real madrid, red star belgrade,benfica,steua bucarest and ajax
7.which football league teams are furthest a)north b)south c)west and d)east?newcastle plymouth plymouth norwich
8. who was founded first rangers or celtic? rangers
9.which football league team did bobby charlton player-manage for two seasons? preston
10. who joined liverpool from celtic in 1977 for £400,000? kenny dalglish

Round 2
1.Who played the last 15 minutes of on fa cup final with a broken neck?
2.how many caps did ray wilkind win for england? 1 point for being within 10
3.Which player did west brom sell for £1.5 million which, at the time, was a british record transfer fee?
4.Which player scored in all 6 of brazil's matches during the 1970 world cup?
5.Who scored a goal on their 19th birthday in 1968 in a european cup final?
6.Which player scored the first ever arsenal goal in a competitive game at the emirates?
7.What was strange about the goal sheffield united scored in an fa cup tie against man city in 2008?
8.Which players have played for liverpool and won the premier league?1 point per answer
9.Which championship club did england under 21 goalkeeper frank fielding have a loan spell at last season ?hint they have officially now signed him
10.Which country played in the 2004 european cup and have never appeared in another international tournament?

Last edited:
I love a quiz as you already know mate. First topic on Chelsea would be nice haha.

I love a quiz as you already know mate. First topic on Chelsea would be nice haha.
you see i would do it on chelsea but you've got no history and you're not champions!!! you're in i will run when 8 are in

you see i would do it on chelsea but you've got no history and you're not champions!!! you're in i will run when 8 are in

Oi none of that lol, we have a 106 year history. Not gloryfied but still history lol. Good stuff mate i'll keep an eye out.

Wouldn't mind a regular quiz on here... don't know if i would be able to do every one, but i'm sure other people would. Will you be doing a scoreboard?
As a suggestion I would rather have a general football quiz... but wouldn't mind every now and again having a quiz on a certain topic, like FA Cup, or the European Championships etc.

Wouldn't mind a regular quiz on here... don't know if i would be able to do every one, but i'm sure other people would. Will you be doing a scoreboard?
As a suggestion I would rather have a general football quiz... but wouldn't mind every now and again having a quiz on a certain topic, like FA Cup, or the European Championships etc.
i'll count you in and i'm anticipating most days it will be general. and it doesn't matter if you dont do every single one
as no one in football apart from sympathetic p.e teachers said : its the taking part that counts;)

Moved to the correct section.

Any latecomers before i close this? just pm me by tommorra morning....if no one else has joined the quiz will be cancelled

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

is one more person willing to do this? as soon as one more person joins i will close round 1 and start round 2!

Round 1 over
so here's the league table
1sid-17
2chris bird 12
3poppa chester city fc 12
4Cjack011-8

poppa and chris you are actually level

round 2 will be up and running by tonight!!

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

round 2 running now!!!

---------- Post added 19/06/2011 at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was 18/06/2011 at 08:21 PM ----------

i've only had 1 set of answers for round 2. is anyone else planning on doing it?