PurpleAki

Reaction score
Don't know if this is the right section but I'm at January 2012 in my Arsenal save and I have enough to make a 'marquee signing'. Who would you add to this side?

Szczesny
Sagna/Simpson-Vertonghen/Koscielny-Vermaelen/Mertesacker-Alba/Santos
Song/Fernando-Arteta/Ramsey
Gervinho/Walcott-Afellay/Willian-Barnetta/Benayoun
RVP/Park

Was thinking of someone like Hazard or Lucas Moura to add something to the midfield or bring Cavani or someone in to go up top. Already have fees and contracts sorted for those three but up for suggestions. Another thing I've got to bear in mind is that I'm in Europe, which puts Lucas in a good position. Over to you, cheers

Cavani up top and RVP moved to the wing and you have a champions league winning side

Alright, I was leaning towards Cavani anyway, paying £25m now, £5m over 48 months and around 90k a week

Alright, I was leaning towards Cavani anyway, paying £25m now, £5m over 48 months and around 90k a week

Cavani for less than 30m is always a steal. Also good getting him on less than 100k p/w contract.

Cavani for less than 30m is always a steal. Also good getting him on less than 100k p/w contract.
Had a 20k a week deal for Lucas agreed but might as well go for the striker option

Also I've hit a mid season slump, with some weird results going against me, any ideas on how to turn this around, happened a couple of times in my Fulham one too

Got to see out the loan deal, won't be keeping him though. I reckon I'll go for Hazard on the left

Cavani - 5 goals in his first 2 games

2 on his debut, came on at half time
3 in his next game

yeh i agree i think its a champions league winning side what i do when im a team like arsenal i buy one player every transfer window mostly a amazing player every window and then you finally build up to a gr8 team congrats

11 goals in 7 so far for Cavani, RVP's goals have dried up a bit but that's understandable considering he's been shifted to the right wing

Why is it that everyone praises cavani? Yeah he is a good player but his value will only go down if you buy him for that much. Ive had at least the same results with doumbia and he costs the half of cavani! Leandro damiao is also a good striker.

Why is it that everyone praises cavani? Yeah he is a good player but his value will only go down if you buy him for that much. Ive had at least the same results with doumbia and he costs the half of cavani! Leandro damiao is also a good striker.
I don't regret it one bit, this guy just scores for fun

Cavani is indeed incredible. But Damiao and Doumbia are very good too. and in the future, Niang and Fieroo are the way to go :D

Sad day letting Benayoun go, always came up good in the big games, bought Hazard instead of Lucas