Martin O'neil to be the new liverpool manager?

• Thread starter Thread starter Blynd1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 3K
So.. You're saying he'll come if we sell our best striker? How does that work.. oO)

in other words, we need the money. and we wont sell gerrard... so who can we sell that gives us big money? torres... unless the chinese buy us!

in other words, we need the money. and we wont sell gerrard... so who can we sell that gives us big money? torres... unless the chinese buy us!

Obviously we need money, but if we did sell Torres the money we did get from his sale would not go into the transfer budget, well not all of it anyway and O'Neil would want money, like he wanted money at Villa, which is why he did leave.

Selling Torres would not help, it would make things worse.

This stroy is utter tosh imo, the sources are the Daily Star and Goal.com

This is on the same day that the Daily Star are claiming that according to Iker Casillas, Joe Hart should sign for Man Utd....

We all know about Goal.com, possibly the worst football website out there atm.

Even if Liverpool do want to get rid of Hodgson (i doubt they can afford to sack 2 bosses in one season) its highly unlikely O'Neill would want to come to the club in its current financial state.

A nothing story made up by the papers on a day of little/no real news imo.

So.. You're saying he'll come if we sell our best striker? How does that work.. oO)

Some may say our only striker haha...

I think this is a joke and if it is true I would be ashamed on Liverpool. Give Hodgson a shot hes a good smart manager whos came to a club at a difficult time. We all need to lower our expectations and to be honest we should of had 3 points at Arsenal without that freak goal. If O'shea had of got sent off things could of been a lot different.

That stuff is a joke get to mid season and he doing bad yeah then maybe o'neil will be manager

its the new owners that want oneill so watch out if the pool get took over

its the new owners that want oneill so watch out if the pool get took over

what's your source?

ye the story is rubbish, every manager needs time to get settled in at a club and getting the club playing well. Roy hasn't even done that bad tbh

i don't think many of you are actually reading the article tbf,
it says several of the interested buyers want o'neill in charge,

so atm, hodgsons job isn't under threat at all...

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

Taken over or not... i prefer Martin then Roy... anyday.

ffs! support the manager! he's new and tbf he's not had the easiest of starts, Arsenal at home, United, Birmingham and City away!

if we'd had chelsea's start and were in this position, i could maybe understand, but we're not and we didn't so be a tad more realistic...

This too far. To suggest that we may replace our manager after just 5 games is outrageous, but it is the kind of thing the websites and papers do to make money. I reckon they brainstorm the most outrageous ideas and chuck it all into the paper.

New source... daily star... good?

Made me LOL!

This stroy is utter tosh imo, the sources are the Daily Star and Goal.com

This is on the same day that the Daily Star are claiming that according to Iker Casillas, Joe Hart should sign for Man Utd....

We all know about Goal.com, possibly the worst football website out there atm.

Even if Liverpool do want to get rid of Hodgson (i doubt they can afford to sack 2 bosses in one season) its highly unlikely O'Neill would want to come to the club in its current financial state.

A nothing story made up by the papers on a day of little/no real news imo.

Perfectly summed up.

Liverpool cannot afford to sack him anyway ^^)

If it's in that fount of all wisdom the Daily Star, there must be something in it. Seriously, O'neil would not be an improvement on RH even if the proposition wasn't just fiction- it's all just horse-manure.

How much will Roy need to be paid if they terminate his contract? If it's more than 2.50+ a bag of crisps then there's no chance of this happening-not with Liverpool's financial state. And I'm pretty sure he's not going to walk away for nothing

YES PLEASE! I've never liked Hodgson, when his name got drawn into the possibility of becoming the new manager I felt physically sick... and to leave a club just like that... I'm not blaming him for the fixtures we've had, I just don't think he's good enough. I think however O'neil is a far better manager, and he would be on good relations with us as he's former celtic manager.

if we are honest, the last time RH managed in england (before fulham, and i'm sure blackburn fans won't want reminded of this) he struggled very badly then, fulham had a good season, but it was just 1 season, it would have been interesting to see what he would have done if he had stayed at fullham.

as for MoN, he plays predictable football, direct/long ball, call it what you will, he had heskey at leicester and villa, hartson at celtic, carew at villa too, he didn't ever have a plan b if things weren't going right, are liverpool fans going to suffer the same predictable football as villa did?? liverpools tradition is pass and move, not hoof the ****** thing to a lump up front to hold it up, cause thats what will happen under MoN

I don't see the need in giving up on him already.

Man City, Arsenal, Man Utd and Brum away are all very tough fixtures.

Back