Martin Palermo - Fabulous short term investment

darren_daz

Reaction score
Just found this guy on the patch 10.3 by creating a search profile from Drogba, he may be pushing on to 36 but this guy is fabulous for a 2 season stint. Just look at his stats, less than 2 million and he is good enough for any prem team! Stoke would love him!

MartinPalermo.jpg

He's good but in real life he's missed three penalties in one match

I played as boca on 09 and he was imense! not had him on10 yet tho im always put of by the price for his age.

I played as boca on 09 and he was imense! not had him on10 yet tho im always put of by the price for his age.

1.5 million and a weekly wage of 10,000?

He'll cost less with both those included than a free transfer who picks up 25000 a week over the same duration of time.

That is a great cost if you ask me.

1.5 million and a weekly wage of 10,000?

He'll cost less with both those included than a free transfer who picks up 25000 a week over the same duration of time.

That is a great cost if you ask me.

What can i say??? i'm a cheap skate :D

Not sure for spurs but for relegation teams he is immense

boca wouldnt let him go for less than £3.5m with me, and his wages were around that, at £17,000, but he wanted a pretty big signin on fee aswell :\ with atleti its pointless when youve got a measly £5m for transfers :\ so i dont get him :)

He is an FM legend, sadly never made it in Europe in real life though.

Not sure for spurs but for relegation teams he is immense

He is better than the bunch I have alright, Defoe is a different type of striker as he is more of a poacher, Pavlyuchenko is a similar player to him, nowhere near as good in all departments. Crouch a little less so.

I bought Palermo for £2m (possibly could have got him cheaper but I had one day left in the window to find a good, cheap target man) in the January transfer window of 2010 on FM2010. He's on 20k a week banging them in for fun as a target man for Liverpool with Torres. He scored 8 in his first 6 games. Some of his stats have even gone up since joining. Liverpool don't have a target man in the game and in my eyes he's a bargain for any team on a 2 year contract.

Martin Palermo is one of my favorite players to sign for FM10. He's got wonderful talent for the first year, great tutelage for the second, and when he retires he can become a decent coach. He's cheap, and definitely was reliable for me in the goals aspect.

As Aston Villa, he quickly became our top scorer and best striker, only second to Adriano when he came mid-season.

I bought Palermo for £2m (possibly could have got him cheaper but I had one day left in the window to find a good, cheap target man) in the January transfer window of 2010 on FM2010. He's on 20k a week banging them in for fun as a target man for Liverpool with Torres. He scored 8 in his first 6 games. Some of his stats have even gone up since joining. Liverpool don't have a target man in the game and in my eyes he's a bargain for any team on a 2 year contract.

Further to my above post, in the Prem end of season review 09/10 he was listed as Premiership Signing of the Season. And you can't say fairer than that. Especially as he was a January transfer. 13 goals in 21 appearances. Average rating 7.69. He was second highest rated in the Liverpool team behind Torres on 7.72 and ahead of Gerrard on 7.63.

Last edited: