pebsykid

Reaction score
With season 1 in my Barca save nearing an end I am starting to look for a replacement for Puyol. I have him as a "Stopper" and he is doing very well in the role, with Pique in the "Cover" role. I was just thinking that Mascherano has all the attributes necessary to fill the Puyol role which sees him spearheading the defensive line and breaking up the play rather then sitting back and needing to really use his head.

Do you think it is a good idea to re-train him over the summer in this role? Do you think it will work, has anyone tried it?

Guardiola has tried it and it seems to work - although you're ****** Barcelona, you should be able to afford a replacement.

Might work as a short term solution. But long term I would look to buy a decent young player. Mascherano might do a job there but he won't be world class.

that is true, he wont be world class. he would only be decent.

it would be a waste not having him in the centre of the park doing what he does best :)

if you want a stopper look at players like:

165072d1303386205-manchester-united-cb-stopper-replace-sold-nemanja-vidic-2011-12-kyriakos-papadopoulos-profile_-attributes-.png

133095d1297377546-kyriakos-papadopoulos-pap2.png

Well said Raikan. Masch could do a job there, but you would be ignoring where he should be playing, and is IMO one of the best in the game in his role.