• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 2K
Status
Not open for further replies.

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson confirms midfielder Javier Mashcerano wants to leave the Anfield club.

More...

What a Suprise!

He was going to leave sooner or later anyways with clubs like Inter Milan interested in him

Balotelli > Manchester City for £30 million
Mascherano > Inter Milan for £30 million

I think Inter will be more than happy with that.

Oh well. It was always coming, let's hope for a good price out of it. £30m minimum.

Balotelli i dont think will move as Man City have 2 many strikers and midfielders,just one more player to overcrowd their Squad and if he has 2 brain cells to rub together he wont move from the reigning Treble winners

Clearly going to happen. Great player that will certainly help Inter next season.

If we get Cambiasso in exchange, I'd be delighted. But I reckon it'll be just money, so really, £35m + would be ideal.

I can't see Liverpool getting more than 25m for him to be honest. Rumours are they are doing a straight swap for Muntari.

I don't mind at all. He's a good player indeed, but all this whining is affecting the team's morale and general atmosphere. £30+ million would be a good deal. Now all we need is for Torres to go to Man City for a whopping £70m (well, they agreed to pay that much, don't they?), and we can really start bidding for big players again. :P

Me and my Dasd used to rate mascherano until we went dog racing one night and met Jan Molby ( Former Liverpool Player) and he told us he was a very arrogant person and now I am starting to see why he thinks this now after he complained he wanted to go when benitez was in charge now he is using benitez's leaving as an excuse to leave I just dont get it. He owes a lot to Liverpool he was rotting in the Westham reserves till we signed himand now he's captain of argentina all because we helped him on his way.

With Maxi Rodriguez in a possible return to Spain,Hodgson will have a lot of re-working to do.

I can't see Liverpool getting more than 25m for him to be honest. Rumours are they are doing a straight swap for Muntari.

Where did you hear that and why would we even think about swapping the best holding midfielder in the world for Sulley Ali Muntari?

Take 30 Million for him because it looks like we're going to have to. Get a good replacement though Woy and not someone like Dickson Etuhu.

Not a chance - S. Muntari is a decent enough Bx-to-Bx man, but Inter see him as a problem child. He threw his dummy out on a few occasions last season & was by no means a regular starter for the 1st team. At best it would be Muntari + cash.

It would leave RH with a big problem - who would play the holding midfield role ? Muntari does not play in that position & don't even mention Lucas. Cambiasso would be a better option but I can't see him wanting to come.

To make matters worse, I've just seen on Sky Sports that Maxi is on the verge of leaving also, which means we would be short of....let me consult the list:

Left Back & cover
Right Back cover
Holding Midfielder
Natural Left Midfielder
Natural Right Midfielder
Striker ?

According to my numbers then at least 6 players !

Note to Roy Hodgson: Good luck & get a wriggle on - AVANTI !

PS; I liked the RH tv interview - he's not bad at playing hardball over the potential sale of Mascha.

Last edited:
Not a chance - S. Muntari is a decent enough Bx-to-Bx man, but Inter see him as a problem child. He threw his dummy out on a few occasions last season & was by no means a regular starter for the 1st team. At best it would be Muntari + cash.

It would leave RH with a big problem - who would play the holding midfield role ? Muntari does not play in that position & don't even mention Lucas. Cambiasso would be a better option but I can't see him wanting to come.

To make matters worse, I've just seen on Sky Sports that Maxi is on the verge of leaving also, which means we would be short of....let me consult the list:

Left Back & cover
Right Back cover
Holding Midfielder
Natural Left Midfielder
Natural Right Midfielder
Striker ?

According to my numbers then at least 6 players !

Note to Roy Hodgson: Good luck & get a wriggle on - AVANTI !

The players I've heard that could replace Masch are Gago and Poulson. Now I don't think either are up to replacing him however I think Gago would be an okay replacement. Not too sure about Poulsen, hardly seen him.

Left Back & cover
Right Back cover
Holding Midfielder
Natural Left Midfielder
Natural Right Midfielder
Striker ?

Agreed.
Glen Johnson/Carragher/Wilson.
Agreed.
Ryan Babel/Joe Cole/Jovanovic
Kuyt/Joe Cole/Jovanovic/Maxi (unless he leaves)
Torres/Jovanovic/N'Gog/Kuyt (but fair enough, another striker.

Seems to me you just need a LB and a DM.

Agreed.
Glen Johnson/Carragher/Wilson.
Agreed.
Ryan Babel/Joe Cole/Jovanovic
Kuyt/Joe Cole/Jovanovic/Maxi (unless he leaves)
Torres/Jovanovic/N'Gog/Kuyt (but fair enough, another striker.

Seems to me you just need a LB and a DM.

Carragher hates playing right back and Wilson can't even play there. Babel is awful on the left wing. Jovanovic is hardly a natural left sided player. Agreed we don't need a right winger, it's more of a necessity.

Where did you hear that and why would we even think about swapping the best holding midfielder in the world for Sulley Ali Muntari?

Didn't know Michael Essien played for Liverpool ^^)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back