Mascherano demands Liverpool exit

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 2K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't know Michael Essien played for Liverpool ^^)

Fair point :) Essien does more than just hold the midfield though, he can attack really well. Mascherano is a proper defensive midfielder who wins the ball and lays it off. I would say Essien in the better player though.

I can't see Liverpool getting more than 25m for him to be honest. Rumours are they are doing a straight swap for Muntari.

The deal you are thinking off is £15m + Muntari for Masch.

Just been thinking. Why not sell Mascherano for 30 Million and bring Annan in for 7/8 Million? A like for like replacement and he is a very good player. Then we would have 20 Million to strengthen other areas.

Carragher hates playing right back and Wilson can't even play there. Babel is awful on the left wing. Jovanovic is hardly a natural left sided player. Agreed we don't need a right winger, it's more of a necessity.

He hates it, but he wouldn't be playing there unless it was a necessity.
Babel isn't awful, he's just inconsistent. If Roy can get that consistency into him, he could be devastating for you. He's not natural but he can play there and again, he would only play there if necessary.

He didnt demand anything.
He simply said I wanted to go last year but they said give it one more year, I have done that now let me leave please.

would liverpool really want poulsen, he dosnt start for juve who came 7th last season :S

ive got a feeling that Aquilani will be a key player for liverpool if he can stay fit

..........................Reina
Johnson Carragher Kyrgiakos Fig?
............................Gago?
........................Aquilani/Lucas
Kuyt.................. Gerrard........... Cole
......................Torres or Huntelaar

That imo is actually a decent team :S

Jovanovic is hardly a natural left sided player.

He is left footed

Last edited:
Dont think Roy would of sold all our left backs if he didnt have a plan but got no idea whos he has in store. Also its not that hard to find a replacement defensive midfielder I think its and easy position to play if you have a brain and some ability so most people could do the job well (Obviously not as good Mascherano though but oh well). Apperently he wanted Gilberto Silva?

Just been thinking. Why not sell Mascherano for 30 Million and bring Annan in for 7/8 Million? A like for like replacement and he is a very good player. Then we would have 20 Million to strengthen other areas.
Do you honestly think you'll get all of that money though from the deal?

Do you honestly think you'll get all of that money though from the deal?

Nope.

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

would liverpool really want poulsen, he dosnt start for juve who came 7th last season :S

ive got a feeling that Aquilani will be a key player for liverpool if he can stay fit

Kuyt.................. Gerrard........... Jovanovic

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

He is left footed

Indeed, he's also a striker and from what I have seen of him he doesn't look much like a winger.

Kuyt.................. Gerrard........... Jovanovic

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

He is left footed

Interesting that you left out Joe Cole.

I'm thinking that Gerrard will drop into the CM role where you have Lucas/Aquilani and Joe Cole will play just behind the striker, whoever it may be.

completely forgot about him XD probs on the left wing, Gerrard wont drop back

I don't really rate him, he just seems like a dirty player that deals out way too many fouls in a Liverpool shirt. However, he seemed tidy for his country.

Maybe i'm not seeing something here, but I hardly understand why he is so good, some people can compare him to Essien, Mascherano isn't even half the player.

However, I'm not here to rate him as a player. This seems like a pretty pointless deal for Inter.. Why would you need another supposedly 'world class' defensive midfielder when you have the amazing Cambiasso? If anything, Inter Milan need to purchase some wingers. That's just my opinion really, Liverpool may miss him like they do Alonso, they just have to keep Torres now..

I personally think Mascherano will stay, just because i don't see anyone matching our valuation of him and I think Hodgson knows how important he is to us;

whether he stays and he plays poorly as a result i don't know, but if he stays, i'd like to think he'd put his all in to helping us finish off better than last year...

I don't really rate him, he just seems like a dirty player that deals out way too many fouls in a Liverpool shirt. However, he seemed tidy for his country.

Maybe i'm not seeing something here, but I hardly understand why he is so good, some people can compare him to Essien, Mascherano isn't even half the player.

However, I'm not here to rate him as a player. This seems like a pretty pointless deal for Inter.. Why would you need another supposedly 'world class' defensive midfielder when you have the amazing Cambiasso? If anything, Inter Milan need to purchase some wingers. That's just my opinion really, Liverpool may miss him like they do Alonso, they just have to keep Torres now..

Not as dirty as De Jong. He is not complete midfielder he is one of the best at what he does. Win the ******* ball and pass it to creative mids. Essien and Mascha have completely different roles. I would say Fletcher and Essien play similar roles.

And i dont think Inter needs wingers if they play like last season. And deal is not pointless. Its not like every season you get chance to sign World class players, when you get, sign him. Why think twice.

Mascherano is a brilliant player. His ability to win the ball back is incredible. I don't see how you can compare him to Essien either as Essien is a more complete midfielder. Mascherano is a proper holding midfielder in the mould of Graeme Souness or Tommy Smith, he wins the ball back and lays it off to a more creative player. He was as much of an asset 2 seasons ago when we finished 2nd as Alonso. Alonso would not of got anywhere near as much of the ball had Masch not been in the side.

Mascherano is a brilliant player. His ability to win the ball back is incredible. I don't see how you can compare him to Essien either as Essien is a more complete midfielder. Mascherano is a proper holding midfielder in the mould of Graeme Souness or Tommy Smith, he wins the ball back and lays it off to a more creative player. He was as much of an asset 2 seasons ago when we finished 2nd as Alonso. Alonso would not of got anywhere near as much of the ball had Masch not been in the side.

Well put.

Mercenary! Goes where there's a signing-on fee to be had

Not really. He's been very honest about how hard his wife has found it living in England. He was asked to give an extra year despite Barcelona's interest last summer, and he gave it with no whining during the season. Almost signed a new contract under Rafa but then decided against committing when it was looking like Rafa was leaving.

I've no complaints against the lad. He's a nutter and he's good at his job. His comments have always been during the off season over the past couple of years so it's not like he's destabilised things during the season.

If we get £25m+ for him, we've made a decent profit on someone Rafa took from West Ham reserves and have had a few seasons from one of the most professional of players.

If we don't then we'll get another season from him under Mr.Hodgson. And I've no doubts he'll roll his sleeves up and get on with it.

Much better player than he's given credit for. Much more talented than just a 'destroyer' in midfield. Our snide and wouldn't want to see him lining up for the opposition against us.

Agreed.
Glen Johnson/Carragher/Wilson.
Agreed.
Ryan Babel/Joe Cole/Jovanovic
Kuyt/Joe Cole/Jovanovic/Maxi (unless he leaves)
Torres/Jovanovic/N'Gog/Kuyt (but fair enough, another striker.

Seems to me you just need a LB and a DM.

You mention players who get grafted into positions which are not NATURAL for them. They play there averagely AT BEST.

Babel is a striker & is frankly lousy out wide.
Jovanovic & Kuyt are primarily second strikers. Kuyt in particular poses v little offensive threat on the wing.
Joe Cole is fed up on the wing; he's not as quick as he was 5 years ago & has made it known he wants to play in the middle, behind the striker(s).
Carragher would be taken to the cleaners by a speed merchant if he played at right back ( besides, he became disinchanted with England because when he DID get a game it was usually at Rt Back ). He's not stupid - he knows his lack of pace will be exposed in that position.
Wilson is a left-footed centre back who might, I repeat MIGHT be ok as a stand in left back.

I stand by my list. (H)

He was valued at 50M last season by Benitez, regretting that now, Rafa? I want 30M and no Sully Ali Muntari, he's pants. I would prefer we sign Gago, and use whatever else we;re allowed to tostrengthen up the team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back