Massive drop in determination - any explanations?!

Maybe he's just losing the will to stay at the club? Does he play regulary? or recently been unhappy?

Maybe he's just losing the will to stay at the club? Does he play regulary? or recently been unhappy?
That could explain it, the morale of the player could maybe have an affect on his determination

There's been a few occasions for me where there are some personal issues with a player in-game and therefore his determination drops. If that is the case, you usually get a notification from one of your coaches about it. Other reasons can be mismatch tutoring, that the squad personality (determination) is much lower than that of the player etc.

A drop like that should not actuallu be possible though. If looking at the dates, he has dropped about 9 points in only 6 weeks and this should not happen, even if being tutored by someone with the determination of 2.

Unless you have ( at any time in this save) fiddled with an ingame editor, I would say this is a bug

I would say its a bug or an inproper use of the editor. A players personality does not change that much in 6 weeks.

I agree, it looks like it is the result of a real time editor being messed about with.

Actually, I searched the SI forums and it looks like there's an event that drops it: Sudden drop in determination!!

I haven't seen that one myself, despite playing FM11-13 for at least 500+ hours. I guess I should count myself lucky. :/

I had a player drop from 15-17 determination (sorry, it was 4 or 5 weeks ago so I don't remember exactly) to 8 determination. I got a news item saying it was due to off field incidents. Took me 2 years of tutoring to get it back to something similar again...so yeah it can happen, maybe you missed the news item?

To be honest, prior to the one I mentioned above, I'd only really seen it work the other way around where a player gets a spike in determination due to off field incidents. Was gutted when it dropped!

His father just died, and Lars have pretty much lost it...