Match engine tweak idea for watching full matches

neon76

Reaction score
i think that they should have it for the next 10 minutes be preplanned and be like your tactic be's like just a setplay really and show properly your setplay (or tactic how it is now) like for a chance or a goal and have a set way your team plays for the formation and fluidity level and attacking bias for the rest of the time.
and have that nice to watch passing possesion football for the full match and if your just watching highlights it doesnt really matter then and doesnt affect it.

for the last 10 minutes of the game have it just be the next 5 minutes or 2 minutes or so its preplanned and then to do the new tactic or now how it is a setplay.
major stuff this for fm and a really easy way to make full matches really great to watch :)

what do others think?

also if you do something different or change something then it can work it out before you continue and preplan it with the changes taking effect immediately after a brief pause to preplan it differently.

so it makes your tactics really setplays and when they work and look so good then you can see them whether it be highlights or the full game and it still matters for how successful you are :)

just one thing i thought of that might be difficult for this is to have the right player and the player being in the right position for when the highlight plays for the full match and having that be seamless and not be like to have to much of a difference like its not part of the match and just going to a highlight.

Last edited:
The point of FM is to be realistic and it's not very realistic if your match is fixed to a certain extent

its still realistic and more realistic to view full match.
and you still have the same amount of chances and clear cut chances its just when it doesnt matter that much it plays more fan friendly or beautiful rather than disjointed.

Can you simplify what you mean. I haven't a clue what you're trying to say but I'm keen to hear what's on your mind :)

Don't worry guys, it's the guy who prefers PES over FM! Jk. :p

Don't worry guys, it's the guy who prefers PES over FM! Jk. :p

I know, I just want to hear what he has to say :p
You never know, he could have a good idea... As long as it's not to promote his twitch.

fm's still great for highlights and this solves the problem for full matches then.
maybe watch a computer vs computer match and maybe itd be like that kinda full match and see if
you like that and if you do then have it like that except for the set plays they do (which will be all your chances) you play
like your tactic says too and how your tactic works seamlessly.
its still you playing and youll have as many chances as what you should, so it is just an easy way for everyone to play better full match. and its still dependent kinda on your formation and fluidity and attacking level.
its just not as dependent maybe on the players roles and thats just for the setplays and chances that are created.
it wont effect you though even if you watch extended highlights its just for full match i think ive already said.
maybe some of you will get upset your stats are different, but it should just calculate how many shots your going to have and how much of the ball your going to have too. if your setplay is defensive maybe youlll have less chances and your opposition too and itll play the ball around the back more and if your attacking then itll play the ball around in attack like in the premier league! its just that that wont work and the chance will but maybe sometimes the chance will be created a bit from the attacking build up. its just an idea, and it has problems which ive discussed but it would be great i think like everyone would nearly want to watch full match!

Last edited:
I know English isn't my first language, but I have no clue what you're suggesting. You keep saying "it is". What is IT? Do you want to see a 10min "preview" of a match before it starts?

I know English isn't my first language, but I have no clue what you're suggesting. You keep saying "it is". What is IT? Do you want to see a 10min "preview" of a match before it starts?

no, to do a preplanned 10 minutes or 5 minutes or 2 minutes of the game so it has all the highlights for comprehensive viewing but for full match viewing it makes it play like just on your fluidity and attack level and formation not your player roles so it plays better for full match and maybe more like its better to watch or like the premier league or kinda like how a cpu manager vs cpu manager game is.
it doesnt change anything for key, extended or comprehensive highlights and just the player stats for the full game so maybe there more realistic and just has everyone playing well for full match and being like your tactic is like a setplay kinda to score goals and they play the ball around normally (but still to look good) to try and set it up for that.

so its preplanning the highlights or exciting parts of the game that be like your tactic is and how it plays well but the rest of the time it plays more normal and good to watch and it doesnt be like worse than a real championship game (orlower like the sky bet leagues) for premier league teams in football manager. and it can do this because its preplanning the highlights as long as you dont change anything.

I still have no idea. You're just copy and pasting from the first posts now.

Isn't the idea of seeing how your tactic "looks", half the point of friendlies? The other half being fitness, of course.

yes butm on full match there is only limited appeal with how they play. maybe i'll have to try some more tactics on full match but usually they arent that great to watch while the cpu vs cpu ones are.

yes butm on full match there is only limited appeal with how they play. maybe i'll have to try some more tactics on full match but usually they arent that great to watch while the cpu vs cpu ones are.

Okay, 3 things:

1 - You're talking about highlights and full match viewing options as if they're separate matches. It's not. It's the same match. You'll get the same outcome. Watching full match, you'll still see the same highlights, but everything else in between as well.

2 - Full match isn't as entertaining or appealing to watch as highlights, because highlights only ahow you highlights - the exciting bits.

3 - I'd suggest the fault is with your tactics then. If AI v AI can deliver appealing games, you can too. My team and tactic certainly do that. It's going to sound nerdy, but getting to see some of the passages of play in a game, I get goosebumps from how good it looks and how creative my players are.

Okay, 3 things:

1 - You're talking about highlights and full match viewing options as if they're separate matches. It's not. It's the same match. You'll get the same outcome. Watching full match, you'll still see the same highlights, but everything else in between as well.

2 - Full match isn't as entertaining or appealing to watch as highlights, because highlights only ahow you highlights - the exciting bits.

3 - I'd suggest the fault is with your tactics then. If AI v AI can deliver appealing games, you can too. My team and tactic certainly do that. It's going to sound nerdy, but getting to see some of the passages of play in a game, I get goosebumps from how good it looks and how creative my players are.

thats great then that your tactic plays so well full game as well as highlights but most dont that ive tried and in the premier league most do full game, and the championship and sky bet as well.

thats great then that your tactic plays so well full game as well as highlights but most dont that ive tried and in the premier league most do full game, and the championship and sky bet as well.
Are you creating your own or downloading these tactics?

If I'm understanding you right, you want the game to be a few minutes advanced of what you are seeing? correct? So that the ME can make what you see more pleasing to the eye?

If so, the problem with that is that you are making yourself redundant. You would be making decisions based on events that happened 5/10 minutes ago & as such you could never really effect the game.

IF I'm understanding you correctly I'd rather the ME be slightly less appealing to be honest. Not that I think there is a lot wrong with it to begin with.

Given that your previous ideas involve fair form boosts, hoiking up youth players stats to make it "fair" and that PES is better than fm, I'm going to put this idea with those in the absurdly ludicrous section.

Given that your previous ideas involve fair form boosts, hoiking up youth players stats to make it "fair" and that PES is better than fm, I'm going to put this idea with those in the absurdly ludicrous section.

Hear hear!!!!