rrj2415

Reaction score
Any tips on how to get it running smoother? My laptop goes through weird periods where sometimes I'll have 4* computer performance for a period of time, and then it'll change to 2 1/2 stars when I have made no real changes on my laptop does anyone know how to get the best possible working out of this? My matches can be very laggy and it also looks like the players are running on ice and just skidding about everywhere. Just to say football manager is pretty much all I use my laptop for and maybe the very odd Google search. Sometimes the matches will look absolutely fine on the odd occasion but I need to sort this. Thank you

It won't be just be an issue with the match engine but your computer performance aswell, although adjusting certain aspects of the match engine may give a small boost (turning off crowds, shadows, weather etc) it would be better to focus on making your pc more efficient overall.
I advise making sure no other programs are running, adjusting power settings in your control panel to best performance, defrag your hard drive, and deleting the files in your %temp% folder. There are also programs like razor game booster and ram optimizers aswell which can give you noticable boosts, I'd also advise cleaning the fan on your laptop overheating is a common cause of fluctuating performance, just be sure to use non-moistened wipes.

It won't be just be an issue with the match engine but your computer performance aswell, although adjusting certain aspects of the match engine may give a small boost (turning off crowds, shadows, weather etc) it would be better to focus on making your pc more efficient overall.
I advise making sure no other programs are running, adjusting power settings in your control panel to best performance, defrag your hard drive, and deleting the files in your %temp% folder. There are also programs like razor game booster and ram optimizers aswell which can give you noticable boosts, I'd also advise cleaning the fan on your laptop overheating is a common cause of fluctuating performance, just be sure to use non-moistened wipes.

thanks a lot, ill give these a try :)

I've been ahving troubles in which sometimes the game runs really fast, and then really slow. I play FM usually with the most RAM, CPU, Battery efficent way!