Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register

Match just doesn't start

Reaction score
I need some serious help.
I installed the game yesterday but as soon as I get to the first friendly game it just freezes (i get the black and white football and the title changes to 'match'. I have tried leaving it for a while but it just won't work.
I have
Windows Vista.
Intel core Quad Q6600 2.40Ghz
4GB Memory
NVidia Ge force 7050/nvidia nforce 6101.
Does anyone know what's up?
Thanks

Reaction score
RE:

I'm having similar issues, I found a thread that downloading the DirectX SDK would solve the issue. Search for it in the Microsoft KB.

Reaction score
I'm having similar issues, I found a thread that downloading the DirectX SDK would solve the issue. Search for it in the Microsoft KB.
Thanks for that, I only got my new PC yesterday and am working off my laptop at present, will give that a go tomorrow when i set it up properly.
Anyone elso any more ideas.

Lee

Administrator
Reaction score
No need to get the DirectX SDK that's for developers only and doesn't effect your games. Download the DirectX End-User Runtime.

Reaction score
Thanks Lee. I'll give that a whirl tomorrow.
Is my graphics card powerful enough?

Reaction score
Click Options > Preferences > Display & Sound

where it says 3d match enable or something like this you need to change it to 2D. Happened to me just means your Computer/Laptop cannot play it in 3D even if it does meet minimum requirements for 3D.

Help guys?

Reaction score
Fixed, somehow...

OK so the SDK pack (which adds components "utilities" that some machines don't have - yes its for developers so guess who cocked up...) now, also XP users are required to update their .net framework [dotnetfx] you can find that on the Microsoft knowledge base too.

Now you need to start the game windowed - change the shortcut path to:

"C:\...\worldwide soccer manager 2009\wsm.exe" -windowed -small_screen

Yes, that does mean I'm stuck in the USA. :(

The game should run fine, I let mine run through a match - then hit Alt + Enter and have been running full screen fine now for say 11 hours.

Weird one.

Lee

Administrator
Reaction score
Wow I've just been on the SI site and you're right installing the SDK does fix the issue. What a screw up by SI, people have to install the SDK which takes up about 600mb just to get the game to work. Good job I already have the SDK's installed otherwise I wouldn't be very happy about having to get that.

Reaction score
i have the same freeze problem when setting a match up, wil this work for me? if so could you supply a step by step guide for a dimwit please :)
Windows Vista.
Intel core 2 duo t7250 2.00Ghz
2GB Memory
NVidia Ge force 8400m gt gpu

Reaction score
installing the new patch today 20-12-2008 has made no difference whatsoever, still freezes at the start of first friendly