rexsomnii

Reaction score
Hey,
was wondering if anyone else encountered this problem.
I was using a tactic and had its levels all the way up to fluid, than decided to throw in a second and third tactic to prepare. During one match I switched to one of my second tactics, and now although I haven't made any tweaks to the first, my fluidity levels have been scaled back to accomplished in all categories except for formation.
Not only that, the team can't seem to improve their levels in any way anymore. Not sure what caused this, if its a bug, or if its working the way its supposed to, i.e if you're preparing three tactics your team can't be fluid in one.

Please let me know if you have any ideas why this happening or how to fix it? I"m realy disappointed and less motivated to play now that my team has lost its fluidity levels for no apparent reason.

Thank you

---------- Post added at 05:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 AM ----------

So I reloaded a game which had my high fluid levels, and tried to reduplicate the loss of fluid levels. It occurs whenever I import a tactic, create a new one and than save it and try and choose that new tactic in match preparation.

=(

Hey, saw your question earlier but I didn't know how to respond to it. As you said, I think you might have happened upon either a bug or a side effect of using more than one tactic, because I haven't really heard anybody talk about this yet.

I just tried doing what you said in your second post, and sure enough, my levels for creative freedom and marking dropped down to accomplished (the other 6 areas stayed fluid). I didn't play any games or anything, i'll just have to take your word for it (for now) that they won't improve.

It's kind of disappointing that we might not be able to fully prepare 3 tactics as the match preparation screen implies. However, you have to expect that they might give a small penalty to teams who switch between 3 tactics as opposed to teams who stick to one. I don't necessary agree with that, but at least I could kind of understand if that's what they were going for (I say this on the assumption this isn't a bug, which it very well could be).

ps. I wonder how much touchline shouts affects "fluidity" of tactics? I think we all assumed that changing from attacking to counter or setting shouts and all that didn't matter in terms of how much your team has gelled with a tactic.... but seeing the match preparation screen like this makes me wonder. After all, if you change from attacking to overload and set a couple touchline shouts, you could really change enough settings to affect every match prep category except formation (god forbid somebody gets sent off too(6)).

No one ever post match preparation guide.. And Yeah, I so annoying saw the bar decrease.. I dont think its bug either.

I think.. Just think it may work like this
There is three tactic that can be used on one team but each tactic should have the same mentality, clossing down and etc. If the tactic contra between each others, the bar will decrease each time you change tactic.. The only thing you can change are the formation. So each tactic should have same mentality and others thing but can have different type of formation..

This based on my observation only, i dont really know how it works or how to use it..
I just lets my assistance manage match preparation until I know how to use it. :p

No one ever post match preparation guide.. And Yeah, I so annoying saw the bar decrease.. I dont think its bug either.

I think.. Just think it may work like this
There is three tactic that can be used on one team but each tactic should have the same mentality, clossing down and etc. If the tactic contra between each others, the bar will decrease each time you change tactic.. The only thing you can change are the formation. So each tactic should have same mentality and others thing but can have different type of formation..

This based on my observation only, i dont really know how it works or how to use it..
I just lets my assistance manage match preparation until I know how to use it. :p

This sounds logical, and based on some quick testing I think you're on the right track. I made 2 copies of my tactic, completely changing the formation but leaving all other settings intact, added them to match prep and my original tactic remained "fluid" in all areas.

If you can't be fluid with 3 tactics with totally different settings... I would use different formations with the same settings and then make tweaks using touchline shouts only. Still, like I said before, I would like to know if using touchline shouts affects how "fluid" your team is with your tactic, since it's basically changing the settings (just not permanently).

It's also possible this has been discussed elsewhere... but I don't really check any forums other than fm-base so I wouldn't know...

Mate just leave it on Team Blend and stick with a tactic. 12 games into the season and this is my match prep!

Just give all match preparation responsibilities to your assistant and forget about it. Note though, whenever you change your tactics the players need time to adapt to them and their fluidity will decrease.

Just give all match preparation responsibilities to your assistant and forget about it. Note though, whenever you change your tactics the players need time to adapt to them and their fluidity will decrease.
I agree.. There must be a reason they give an option for assistance to control match preparation..

Lets think about it, this prep must need to look at frequently like prematch conference or contrarct renewal which sometime so annoying..

Match prep should change depending on who your playing, for instance, you may be playing a team weak at the back so attacking movement can be worked on, or a team who score for fun so defensive positioning should be worked on, or you could be playing a team who concede a lot from set peices so set pieces should be worked on. Im too lazy though to go through stats working out what the best match prep is for our next opponents so let the assistant get on with it, its working very well for me so far.

Ok I get it now.. Thank JP.. I think it solve the mystery why I keep losing in the away match even with lowest team.. I put a try right now..
Also I looking foward for another amazing tactic that will made by you..;)

Hey thanks for the replies!
Its kinda neat how the first person who replied is also a Canucks fan!
Woot!

I tend to use match preparation to 'fix' where we were weak in the LAST game!

e.g. if we concede from a set-piece then the match prep focus is defensive set pieces; if we have a lot of attacking set pieces and don't score from one or are just garbage (we have been :p) - attacking set pieces would be the focus; etc

I also tend to change the focus at least once between scout report and game (more if there is a long time between them - I've had a scout report 14 days before a game :O

Last edited:

Stann said:
Mate just leave it on Team Blend and stick with a tactic. 12 games into the season and this is my match prep!

This is all true but not related to the topic.... The thread was about how the OP is having trouble keeping all his tactics fluid. The posts above yours were responding to that.

rexsomnii said:
Hey thanks for the replies!
Its kinda neat how the first person who replied is also a Canucks fan!
Woot!

Haha yeah, nice. Too bad about tonight's OT loss though:mad:

I tried a couple things, and I think if you just make sure that you always select your actual tactic by name in the match preparation screen, and never let your tactic out its slot on that screen, it will prevent this from happening. In other words, your match prep tactic selection should not be set to the default "current", it should be your tactic.

What happens is, if you are using "current" in match prep, as soon as you make a new tactic or load one in, the new tactic is now your current tactic, and your team immediately starts to forget your original one.

You will have to re-save your tactic and re-set it in match prep every single time you tweak it however. I suggest using v1 v2 etc or else you will have a long list of tactics with the exact same name in match prep hehe.

This is all true but not related to the topic.... The thread was about how the OP is having trouble keeping all his tactics fluid. The posts above yours were responding to that.

I dont need you to tell me whats relevant in a thread and what isnt. I was explaining that everytime you change your tactics the team needs time to become fluid with them. If you want to keep your tactics fluid then dont make major changes to them.

Last edited:
Just mentioning,
that my question wasn't about the lack of fluidity loss when i change tactics, but a possible issue of fluidity loss when i do certain things like import a tactic, and than the fluidity levels never increase again, which I think is what loveangel was referring to.

Hi guys. i have a question and i didn't understand this very well. In match preparation we can choose 3 tactics for the team. i have the main one, but how can I change to the other one? The first one is always the main and i cant change. How can i do that ? What I would like to do is to keep the formation but change the mentality and some other things to make a more defensive version.

Last edited:
solution

I've found a solution for keeping you're current tactic fluidity. This also happend to me in my second season. But after many-many reloads I've nailed it!

Just change the 2nd/middle tactic to none and back to the one previous selected, and after that you can change to whatever saved tactic you want in the first and third slot.

I hope this helps.

LATER EDIT: I observed that sometimes it doesn't work this way, so after setting the second tactic to none, change the first tactic, then change the 2nd back. You may loose a tactic (the second being reseted to accomplished), but it's better than nothing I guess. It's an ugly bug.

Last edited:
I've got a question that's part of this: Is there any difference in choosing 1, 2 or 3 match preparations? Do the bars fill up faster when you just 'train' on 1 or 2 tactics instead of 3?

Last edited:
I've got a question that's part of this: Is there any difference in choosing 1, 2 or 3 match preparations? Do the bars fill up faster when you just 'train' on 1 or 2 tactics instead of 3?

Yes, the bars fill up much faster if you only train one tactic at a time.

Last edited:
faster with 1, but its upto you whether you think have 3 tactics quite well known is better than 1 which is very well known