Mundo1996

Reaction score
I would like to know how you guys set your match preparation?

I always set them like my scout advices, but he has only 6 for tactical knowledge so I want to set them myself, but how can I know what's the best match focus looking at the team report?

I would like to know how you guys set your match preparation?

I always set them like my scout advices, but he has only 6 for tactical knowledge so I want to set them myself, but how can I know what's the best match focus looking at the team report?

Check if the team you're facing are leaky defensively. If so, go attacking. Then, check the type of goals that they let through. If it's through normal play, then go Attacking Movement. If if it's through set pieces, then go Attacking Set Pieces.

On the other hand, if they're very strong in attacking, do the inverse, and use the same logic. If they're pretty much standard, then I tend to prefer attacking.

You take a look at your team and decide. If you have excellent attackers, focus on them. If defenders are good, then do that.

Check if the team you're facing are leaky defensively. If so, go attacking. Then, check the type of goals that they let through. If it's through normal play, then go Attacking Movement. If if it's through set pieces, then go Attacking Set Pieces.

On the other hand, if they're very strong in attacking, do the inverse, and use the same logic. If they're pretty much standard, then I tend to prefer attacking.

You take a look at your team and decide. If you have excellent attackers, focus on them. If defenders are good, then do that.

Thanks mate! I'll try to do it just as you said!
Only one problem: I'm playing with Andover Town in the lower leagues and there are a lot of teams who scored a lot and conceded a lot, so what should I do then? And there is always one midtable team who doesn't score a lot (23 goals in 30 matches for example) and they conceded the least of the leaue (like 18 goals in 30 matches). What should I do then?

Thanks mate! I'll try to do it just as you said!
Only one problem: I'm playing with Andover Town in the lower leagues and there are a lot of teams who scored a lot and conceded a lot, so what should I do then? And there is always one midtable team who doesn't score a lot (23 goals in 30 matches for example) and they conceded the least of the leaue (like 18 goals in 30 matches). What should I do then?

Focus on your team mate.. You know your squad, you know which are your best players, and what their strengths are. Look at where and how the opposition are scoring. Take a call based on that as to whether you want to go attacking or defending.

As for the midtable team, I personally tend to prefer to go attacking to try to win, but the same may not be applicable to the team you're playing/against, so do accordingly (shore up defence if you're less confident in your team..)

Hope this isn't off-topic because I don't want to hijack a thread, but when (if ever) would you focus on teamwork? I sometimes do that after poor overall performances, especially if my next opponent doesn't have any glaring weaknesses. Is this a waste?

Hope this isn't off-topic because I don't want to hijack a thread, but when (if ever) would you focus on teamwork? I sometimes do that after poor overall performances, especially if my next opponent doesn't have any glaring weaknesses. Is this a waste?

I only really use teamwork in pre-season if ive signed more then 2-3 players, help them gel

Yeah, I always use teamwork for pre-match training and team cohesion for general training during the pre-season. Maybe I should reconsider using it at all during the season.

Do not only use teamwork in preseason! You need to keep coming to it for a week every 2/3 weeks for the next 2/3 months ...

Do not only use teamwork in preseason! You need to keep coming to it for a week every 2/3 weeks for the next 2/3 months ...

Yikes. Maybe it wasn't all in my head that when I focus on teamwork after a terrible performance they seem to turn it around. Thanks!

I've started using attacking set pieces a lot more after one of my players actually scored a direct free kick in two consecutive games where I'd used it. Playing as a top team my scout usually recommends attacking movement, but I'm never quite sure how I can judge if it's having an effect.