Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register
Reaction score
I have just been promoted after a season in the Blue Square Premier. Very setting is the same as it was, while in the lower division, mainly that my assistant took training.
When I got to play a league match I keep getting a notice that "THE MATCH SQUAD MUST HAVE AT LEAST FOUR PLAYERS TRAINED BY A CLUB IN ENGLAND (CURRENTLY 0)).
Why am I getting this when they are obviously being trained AND trained in England!!

Patient Moderator
Reaction score
Have you picked the squad then ? Otherwise, none Of the players ( no players picked) have been trained( not currently training ) in England.

if the squad is picked, how many of them are brought from overseas ?

Reaction score
mm

I would pick the team, but that's where the message is then coming up......I've set the Assistant Manager to organise training, as I did the previous season with no problems.....it's just started this season (the problem)!!
All players, bar 2, are from England

Patient Moderator
Reaction score
Training has nothing to do with it. Are the players registered for the team ?

Again, have you actually picked the match squad ( you wrote " I would") ?

Last edited:
Reaction score
mmm

Think I may of sussed it.....
Yes all the players are registered and have ticks next to them......but this is a team I created and all players (bar 2) started at the age of 18-19.
I have just seen at the bottom of my squad screen a note saying "minimum of 6 players trained in England for 3 years before 21st birthday" so does that tell me that coz they were only 18 or 19 when I kicked off last season, they have not been around long enough to qualify for npower league 2 rules and regs??

Patient Moderator
Reaction score
Think I may of sussed it.....
Yes all the players are registered and have ticks next to them......but this is a team I created and all players (bar 2) started at the age of 18-19.
I have just seen at the bottom of my squad screen a note saying "minimum of 6 players trained in England for 3 years before 21st birthday" so does that tell me that coz they were only 18 or 19 when I kicked off last season, they have not been around long enough to qualify for npower league 2 rules and regs??
Correct.

Reaction score
mmm

BUMMER!!!!!

So in essence what needs to be done when creating a team, is have a broad spectrum of ages??

Dunno what I'm gonna do when I get an injury to one of only 12 players I have legible to play for the rest of the season..................

Patient Moderator
Reaction score
You will have more players, but you will have to leave 4 spaces open for every game. Here, you need to sign new players.
Next time creating a team, you not only need to have some older players, but also give them a "history"