Match Report: Brazil 2-0 Scotland

• Thread starter Thread starter GodCubed
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 45
  • Views Views 4K
Neymar was top class as was some of his teamates

Brazil will win 2014 i think

Neymar was absolute class today. But I don't think Chelsea will snap him up; we spent £50m on Torres :S

I wish that stunning run by Lucas towards the end had resulted in a goal. It was Maradona-esque.

I think you have summed things up fairly well but I’m not too sure you got your ratings correct on a few players.

Although Neymar scored two goals I thought Ramires was a far better player all round. Neymar was show boating a bit too much for my liking. His finish for the first was fantastic and he is a talent but a few of the Brazilians around me were complaining about his over confidence and some referred to him as a young C.Ronaldo.

Lucas (the young one) looks a fantastic player & his willingness to just run at players is very rare these days.

Giving Gary Caldwell a 7 is beyond me, he was and is a horrific footballer & is nothing more than a liability. I hope you didn’t boost his rating because he dived in front of the ball? Credit due it was a great block but it doesn’t make up for his performance in the rest of the game.

It’s amazing how much of a difference a good touch and a bit of control can make to a team. Brazil didn’t come out of 2nd gear yesterday and Scotland were chasing shadows. It was a joy to watch though and the experience & day out were fantastic. I think the world cup would have been a fantastic occasion in England & find it very disappointing that it’s going to Russia. The Emirates is a fantastic arena and I’d go back in a heart beat.

On the topic of the racist abuse. I was in the stand that something got thrown from. It did look like a banana peel but our stand was 90% Brazilian. He was certainly not racially abused throughout the game. He received some boo’s for being a diving wee mullet head.

I think you have summed things up fairly well but I’m not too sure you got your ratings correct on a few players.

Although Neymar scored two goals I thought Ramires was a far better player all round. Neymar was show boating a bit too much for my liking. His finish for the first was fantastic and he is a talent but a few of the Brazilians around me were complaining about his over confidence and some referred to him as a young C.Ronaldo.

Lucas (the young one) looks a fantastic player & his willingness to just run at players is very rare these days.

Giving Gary Caldwell a 7 is beyond me, he was and is a horrific footballer & is nothing more than a liability. I hope you didn’t boost his rating because he dived in front of the ball? Credit due it was a great block but it doesn’t make up for his performance in the rest of the game.

It’s amazing how much of a difference a good touch and a bit of control can make to a team. Brazil didn’t come out of 2nd gear yesterday and Scotland were chasing shadows. It was a joy to watch though and the experience & day out were fantastic. I think the world cup would have been a fantastic occasion in England & find it very disappointing that it’s going to Russia. The Emirates is a fantastic arena and I’d go back in a heart beat.

On the topic of the racist abuse. I was in the stand that something got thrown from. It did look like a banana peel but our stand was 90% Brazilian. He was certainly not racially abused throughout the game. He received some boo’s for being a diving wee mullet head.

Ramires was fantastic, he really was. However, you just can't ignore the contribution of someone who scored the only two goals, one of which he won for himself. Maybe I was dazzled by his movement and pace, but I felt he deserved the MOTM award. Lucas looked very good.

Caldwell I gave a 7 because of his covering for Berra. Whenever Berra made a mistake, Caldwell seemed to be there to bail him out. He also made some superb tackles on players - twice on Neymar, once on Jadson and of course the good diving block that he made - but rest assured I didn't boost his rating because of the latter. He doesn't look like a brilliant footballer, but he looked an accomplished defender the other day.

The Emirates is fantastic, have gone there quite a bit and the seating in particular is brilliant. You get a full and good view of the pitch from anywhere. I was going to ask about the banana peel, as it is very disappointing to me. I thought we'd stamped out that kind of blatant racism. Sadly not, it seems.

To be fair godcubed there doesn't seem to be any proof it came from any scottish fans, and even Mano isnt convinced becuase the brazilian side has been there 5 times before without any hint of problems

Ramires was fantastic, he really was. However, you just can't ignore the contribution of someone who scored the only two goals, one of which he won for himself. Maybe I was dazzled by his movement and pace, but I felt he deserved the MOTM award. Lucas looked very good.

Caldwell I gave a 7 because of his covering for Berra. Whenever Berra made a mistake, Caldwell seemed to be there to bail him out. He also made some superb tackles on players - twice on Neymar, once on Jadson and of course the good diving block that he made - but rest assured I didn't boost his rating because of the latter. He doesn't look like a brilliant footballer, but he looked an accomplished defender the other day.

The Emirates is fantastic, have gone there quite a bit and the seating in particular is brilliant. You get a full and good view of the pitch from anywhere. I was going to ask about the banana peel, as it is very disappointing to me. I thought we'd stamped out that kind of blatant racism. Sadly not, it seems.

I don't think I have ever had the chance to really appreciate Ramires until yesterday, he really was a class apart.

I think a few people underestimated Brazil because a lot of the players on show have not hit Europe yet, or at least the bigger sides. They have a fantastic future ahead of them though. I know it was only Scotland but some of the football on show was excellent.

Don't get me wrong, Neymar was a class apart but I can see why he gets a lot of stick from supporters.

To be fair godcubed there doesn't seem to be any proof it came from any scottish fans, and even Mano isnt convinced becuase the brazilian side has been there 5 times before without any hint of problems

See, there was quite a few beach balls etc getting thrown about our stand. It could very well have been a burst beach ball. Our section was surrounded by Brazilians. You would think they would have complained or something if racist chanting was going on next to them? I don't know, everyone seemed to be having a blast and enjoying the occasion.

I've added a few of the pictures I took from my phone :wub:

Was offered tickets to this game but turned them down. Kind of glad I did, it wasn't the most exciting game..

Not sure about Neymar's comments, though - apparently it was just one idiot who threw a bannana (or inflatable one) and the media are making a mountain out of it.

Im glad people are finally seeing what Chelsea fans have been seeing for the last 2-3 months from Ramires. The lad is very enagetic and gets up and down the pitch with ease.

Nice article, did you create the diagram yourself? If yes, how? I know you said you used paint.net but could you explain a bit more. May be interested to create some diagrams myself.

Nice article, did you create the diagram yourself? If yes, how? I know you said you used paint.net but could you explain a bit more. May be interested to create some diagrams myself.

Did it from scratch. Made a football pitch diagram and then made the player icons myself. Then used lots of squiggly arrows. ;)

Wasn't the stand that the banana was thrown from the Brazilian end?

Anyway, I actually quite enjoyed the game, purely because of the novelty of us playing Brazil. Charlie Adam really disappointed me, that's two really poor performances for Scotland from him. Overall, we weren't as pathetic as I thought we would be. :P

Wasn't the stand that the banana was thrown from the Brazilian end?

Anyway, I actually quite enjoyed the game, purely because of the novelty of us playing Brazil. Charlie Adam really disappointed me, that's two really poor performances for Scotland from him. Overall, we weren't as pathetic as I thought we would be. :P

I actually thought he was trying too hard to impress, where he should have just been keeping it simple and retaining possession. Can't blame him, he is desperate to take his chance when he gets in the team.

Apparently, he's has a U-Turn regarding the racism row.

Not sure what's being said now, but saw the headline on SSN.

I actually thought he was trying too hard to impress, where he should have just been keeping it simple and retaining possession. Can't blame him, he is desperate to take his chance when he gets in the team.

I thought he was very wasteful. Prime example of that was couple of mins before Brazils's econd, he beat one or two and could have played it through to Morrison who was in a great position, but instead he blasted it over. And for the penalty, perhaps Neymar went over too easily, but you can't stick your leg out like that in the box, especially against a team like Brazil.

Back