Match Thread: Tottenham v Newcastle (17:30 11/02/2012)

• Thread starter Thread starter Dunc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 2K

Dunc

Keyboard Warrior
Reaction score
c1b7c5864c2fab533cecff965226bb74.png

Live on ESPN

Team News:

Tottenham duo Jermain Defoe and Aaron Lennon are fit but Ledley King, Younes Kaboul and Sandro are doubts, and Rafael van der Vaart is ruled out.
Harry Redknapp returns to the dugout, having missed the game at Liverpool after his flight was cancelled.
Newcastle are without Ryan Taylor, who was stretchered off against Aston Villa with a badly swollen ankle.
Leon Best is out for six weeks with medial ligament damage, while Yohan Cabaye completes a three-game ban.

Head-to-head

• Tottenham have only lost one of their last six league and cup games against Newcastle.
  • The Magpies won 3-2 at White Hart Lane in 2006-07 and 4-1 the following season, but have lost their subsequent two games away to Spurs.
  • Newcastle have failed to keep a clean sheet in their previous 14 league games against Tottenham. Their last shut-out against Spurs came in a 4-0 home win in December 2003.
Tottenham

• Spurs' goalless draw with Liverpool was the first time they had failed to score in 23 Premier League games.
  • Opta statistics show that Luka Modric has received 1,436 passes this season, more than any other Premier League player.
  • Emmanuel Adebayor has failed to score since Christmas, a run of eight games.
  • Tottenham have claimed 29 points from their 12 home league games this season - only Manchester City (36) have a better record.
  • Spurs have drawn 99 home games in the Premier League.
  • Rafael van der Vaart, who celebrates his 29th birthday on Saturday, could make his 50th Premier League appearance.
Newcastle
  • The Magpies have won four of their last five league games.
  • They have kept clean sheets in five of their previous nine top-flight matches.
  • Newcastle have claimed 42 points from their opening 24 Premier League matches. It is their best start to a season since the 2002-03 campaign, when they had 45 points after 24 games, and went on to finish third to secure a place in the Champions League qualifying round.
Line ups to come when released to the press.

NUFC: Krul; Simpson, Williamson, Coloccini (c), Santon; Obertan, Guthrie, Perch, Gutierrez; Ba, Cisse.

Tottenham: Friedel; Walker, Dawson, King, Assou-Ekotto; Kranjcar, Modric, Parker, Bale; Adebayor, Saha.

Last edited:
Hoping to see:

Friedal
Walker Kaboul King Benny
Kranjcar Modric Parker Bale
Defoe Adebayor/Saha

2-1 Spurs for me with that line up.

Tottenham 5 - 0 Newcastle.

Bale x5

Lol, nice.

I think I will go for a score draw, maybe 2-2, but I wouldn't be surprised if you won by the odd goal.

draw please

would say 2-2

Last edited:
Going for a Spurs home win 3-1. All goals coming in an open second half after a tight first half.

Hoping for a Tottenham win. Preferably a 8-7, the Demba-brothers scoring the 7 between them..

Otherwise we will have to listen to mugs like Dunc dreaming about having CL football back at Newcastle. (;

Spurs to win. I dont care if its 1-0 or 10-0,after today slip against the mancs liverpool will be happy to see newcastle fail to win points.

Otherwise we will have to listen to mugs like Dunc dreaming about having CL football back at Newcastle. (;

If we win we will go fourth.. we won't win.. but if we did! :P

Saha :wub:

Could have been awesome #9, Injuries ruined his career. Still with decent service he will keep scoring, with players like Bale, Modric, VDV around him, he is just a beast.

Oh Ade with 3rd assist.

Back