Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that our Football Manager community is the best community.

Register
Reaction score
Does everyone use rest before and after the match?
Yes, hate it when my over paid prima donnas get tired and 'jaded', I hate playing players who are below 90% condition, even though I Rooney will play against me on 65% and still score...:)

Reaction score
I get my assistant to handle mine i cba doing it every week in terms of match training

Reaction score
Yes, hate it when my over paid prima donnas get tired and 'jaded', I hate playing players who are below 90% condition, even though I Rooney will play against me on 65% and still score...:)
Same with me, haha!

I often give players 3 days rest if they're around 70% cos I feel like they're injured seeing it that low. Anyone got any ideas on how to keep fitness levels up?

Reaction score
I've found that the only player that will easily play every match for me is lewandowski, who has fitness and natural fitness of 17! In my first season at Liverpool I had loads of matches at the end of the season, the only way I got through it was to rest all my players for 2 weeks!

Reaction score
I have a team rotation policy where I field 10 outfield players mainly for the Premier League. These are my BEST players.

Then I have another 10 - 15 another players that I field mainly for cup games, e.g. FA Cup, Champion's League, Club World Cup etc.

This way none of my players become jaded, I get to blood in my youngsters without being worried that the relegation fodder is going to cause an upset.

Works fantastically for me. I only have rest after matches.