Matox Monegasque... a solid 4-4-1-1

• Thread starter Thread starter matox13
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 10K

matox13

Banned
Reaction score
i will upload my very first tactic, im asking to be tested to anyone who will and post his results, just to see if a really finally made a consistent tactic

for me got very good results indeed, better than anything i tried... results such a 5-0 at stanford bridge, a 3-0 at white hart lane, and recently a 4-0 home win against juventus FC, without replaying games and nothing like that

im almost undefeated at ligue 1, and in Coupe de France Final...

now, ill explain the tactic. it main focus its to maintain the own goal at zero, the other things comes alone if you get the right players upfront... i wont explain the attributes you need for each position, cuz there are lots of people here than know about that far better than who writes...

im playing a 4-4-1-1, with the AM playing either as this or a trequartista, striker as poacher.

the formation:

Ademilson (P)

Kagawa (AM/T)

Estigarribia (WM Att) Pjanic (APAtt) M Vila (DLP Def) Ocampos (WM att)

Clyne (FB Supp) Dede (CB D) Kirchhoff (CB D) Corchia (FB supp)

Viviano (GK)

i issued closing down instructions and mentality to almost all players to start battling for ball in the own half, making a short, tight team difficult to break up and make ccc's. sometimes opponents just cross ball and shoot from their houses... and almost all times it leads for some flying saves from viviano

at attack, if the guys upfront have a good day, then game is won.

there are some screenshots and tactic itself...

I see you have Ocampus at left midfield, is he any good?? or is he better in his natural position, striker.

Is your DLP very defensively focussed? Otherwise it looks like there is no defensive cover in the middle as you have two creative players (AP & DLP). Reason I ask is I am Aston Villa and every time I try a more attacking focussed formation I concede lots of goals so I tend to play a contain strategy and concede less but dont play 'attractive' football and only have 5 shots on goal all game.

I want to find a tactic that is solid at the back but allows for creative football moving forward, is this tactic solid at the back? Also any opposition instructions and shouts used?

What year you in mate because i see you have assembled some expensive players there? Not accusing you of cheating or anything

answers: lets go by parts... said jack

Ocampos: im agree, he is better upper in the field, but at ML he is doing good, and my first aim is no not concede

The DLP: he is very defensive focused, the AP also is not so attacking (thats why i put it there)

about my players... i managed to do a couple of big signings a year (thanks for the russian at charge, plus a bunch of free transfers, i just sneak in market at december, and sign every player that is fairly good, for cover or future profit)

OIs: i leave them to the assistant, i am lazy for doing that, i dont know all players, and my assistant got good tactical knowledge and motivation

i took the suggestion about the Right centre mid, and switched to a Ball winning with some creative freedom (not much, just some... i think that should add some more possesion to the team, and more fighting to get the ball back... M'Vila is just ideal for that dirty jobs...

played one game, against Rennes away, won 4-1... and the opponents goal was just a free kick taken like Beckham at his best days, so, im satisfied with the performance

Shouts: when i play, my family sleeps so shouting is not an option... being serious, i rarely use them, maybe when im leading, i ask to retain possesion at last minutes, just to waste time, some Falcioni and Dr. Bilardo style...

Match Prep: either leave to assistant, or focus on defending set pieces

Im on the next season, first fixtures, still undefeated, although lost champions trophy after a 0-0 draw against psg on penalties (i deserved win, bad luck) won European Super Cup. played a few games on league and the first in UCL (a 1-0 win away at Russia, vs CSKA Mockva

Last edited:
What year you in mate because i see you have assembled some expensive players there? Not accusing you of cheating or anything

im at 2016... and now at next season i managed to get Gareth Bale, Ter Stegen and Nani... how??? simple

the russian just pumps money in, and gave me a 30M budget... i bought Bale on 10M plus 60, being paid in monthly installments, like i did with every big buy

Ter Stegen was on sale, unhappy at bayern, so was Nani

i sold Estigarribia to Milan on 15M, Cash and a bunch of unnecesary players totalling about 15M more... so i had 60M spend, plus budget adjustments. and when you do monthly installments that 60M becomes 15 in each season, so Bale costs me 25, ter stegen 20 and Nani 14. that are the 60 million.

i use Euro as currency, not very familiarized with the pound, although im having one 5 pound bill in my wallet for luck.

sorry for my English, but isnt a very common language at Buenos Aires...

this are my results on this season so far: View attachment 282584

at beginning i concede a bit more than usual, i think because of the pre season an team not being full assembled, plus the 3 new guys that came in... but still, im undefeated, despite a couple of draws at home...

last season i had only 3 defeats, the first one was on first game, and the other two was consecutive, but had no effect at all
a 0-3 loss against juventus (got my *** full of questions, i just won 4-0 on first leg and my players were very near of death, fortunately the fourth goal didnt come, and right away, next match a 0-2 against PSG at parc des princes) before and after no defeats...

switched the dlp into bwm, but results were poor at attack, and defence remained the same (that means lots of 0-0's, and a couple of awfuls 0-1's)

so i reverted back to the original with dlp defense and ap support.

results started to smile again, and now im sitting first at league, already qualified for knock out in CL and still alive in the coupe de la ligue...

going to sleep now, after waking up... the circus maximus... world club cup Australia 2016!!!

anyone tried tha tactic yet???

results???

Is your DLP very defensively focussed? Otherwise it looks like there is no defensive cover in the middle as you have two creative players (AP & DLP). Reason I ask is I am Aston Villa and every time I try a more attacking focussed formation I concede lots of goals so I tend to play a contain strategy and concede less but dont play 'attractive' football and only have 5 shots on goal all game.

I want to find a tactic that is solid at the back but allows for creative football moving forward, is this tactic solid at the back? Also any opposition instructions and shouts used?

i tried your suggestion, but nothing changed on defense, and i started to score far less, and worse, got a couple of 0-0 against very weak teams and a nasty 0-1... so i reverted back to original...

by the way... my teams some times plays nice, but inst my main focus... here are lots of tactics that premises on "football champagne"

but football champagne leads to conceding, and i dont like that

now im on february, leading comfortably the league, being world champions, and still at all competitions

monaco is going up... the smallest country, the biggest club!!!

greetings from the Prince.

its probably... but i managed to get a few good players

ill post my current season results soon... i yet failed to win the french champions trophy... its on middle of pre season, and toulouse beat me 1-0... i lost just only other game but fielded an entire substitute eleven because was scheduled between the two world club cup squad (imagine... my squad travelled from monaco to Milano by bus... then a flight from Malpensa to Seoul, played against Pohang, then i sent my subs back to France, played against auxerre and another plane to Korea...

now is mid season, i scheduled two friendlies against Boca in Buenos Aires and Chivas in mexico, so im going from seoul to LA, then to Buenos Aires, then to Guadalajara, and then to Paris or Malpensa... to return to Monaco and have a few days rest...

im posting the results of last season and the first half of current... im using my tactic from just 2 years ago in the game (jan 16 to 18)

this season, so far...
View attachment 283011
View attachment 283012

last season first:View attachment 283014View attachment 283015View attachment 283016View attachment 283017

as you see, veeeery few defeats, and those almost all 0-1... im very happy seeing my team barely concede

Messi came on august of this season, monthly installments are killing me, but thats whats my russian chairman is for, otherwise he would buying the whole montecarlo and the prince himself...

Last edited:
Going for the 3rd straigt CL...

Quarter final, first leg...

View attachment 283053

lost 2-1 second leg... i was soooooo scared when they went 2-0 ahead with 10 minutes to play... but then messi scored and they had to score 6 again to go through in 6 minutes... poor milan, is out!!!

next enemy: MUFC

Last edited:
Cl semi final...

last Champions League in Louis II (im moving to new stadium soon!!!)

a pity, the last CL game in the old monaco stadium ended in a 1-2 loss, despite playing better, a corner and a pizza goal from united came, from our side, 3 balls on the posts, a couple of miss headers, an unknown messi...

but... we went to old trafford to take revenge, and we did!!! we went ahead 2-0 at halftime, Man U cut back and hammered for the goal that sends them to the final...

but... Pjanic, the Messi substitute that played for the suspended Ocampos on right gaves us the 3-1 that sends us for 3rd consecutive time to the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL!!!!

Back