Matt419

Reaction score
Okay, so this is very close to the release of FM16, but I really fancied doing one of these and I wanted to share it with all you guys. I did attempt a BAP earlier in the year, but didn't have the time. But I have loads of time this week, so I am going to get as much of this done as possible before the FM16 beta comes out, and beyond if people are interested.

Okay, so we all know how these go at this point. Start as a young player at a club, and see how far that player goes. I made myself, sort of, Matthew Harrison, a 15 year old English striker starting life at League 1 side Sheffield United. I've set his manager thingy at 20, so he should become a manager once he retires from playing. As for his ability and potential, started at 110 ability and set his potential for -10. I really want a superstar here :D

View attachment 219217

So this is me, looking pretty good I think. I'll be doing updates every half season, and I'll be looking to get through AT LEAST one season a day. It's going to be very fast paced :D. Oh, also. I'm not really going to be doing much of a story format. I'll just upload the relevant screenshots and give my opinion on how I've played. I will be doing a BAP story in FM16, and that will be more story based. Hope you guys enjoy this short and fast paced BAP story :)

Season 1 January Update

So, as promised an update for my first half season. Not a lot happened, so this will be very quick.

View attachment 219200

I had already made my debut by this point (no screenshot of that as I didn't get message for it) and had played four games for Sheffield United, scoring two goals. Then this happened... Out for the rest of October and start of November.

View attachment 219199

On the bright side, this happened! Setting a new record for the youngest ever FA Cup player is a pretty good feeling. Unfortunately, we got knocked out in the same game.

View attachment 219198View attachment 219197

On more positives, I've already managed thirteen first team appearances for Sheffield, eleven of those starts, and scoring six goals in those games. Not an exceptional start, but not bad. On top of that I've been dominating in my youth games, seven goals in seven appearances. I'm looking very promising for a fifteen year old.

That's all for now. Hopefully a chunkier update at the end of the season :)

Season 1 May Update

View attachment 219193

Not much really happened for me for the rest of the regular season. I went through a bit of a goal drought which finally ended, in the League 1 Playoffs Semi Final no less.

View attachment 219192

Then this happened... Only a nine day injury, but it meant I missed the playoff finals. Here's hoping the team could perform without me...

View attachment 219191View attachment 219190

They did! Sheffield United win the League 1 Playoffs, meaning Sheffield (and more importantly myself :D) will be playing in the Championship next season. I can't wait.

View attachment 219189View attachment 219188

I'm very happy with my performance this season. At just fifteen years of age I managed 16 goals for the first team in thirty four appearance, and nine goals at youth level in nineteen appearances. A lot of positives.

View attachment 219187

In fact, such big positives Arsenal are interested in me. Honestly I don't want to go to a big club yet. I'd love a couple more seasons at least at Sheffield to get plenty of playing time and develop. That's the end of this update, and this first season, but before I go I want to share this...

View attachment 219186

Jaime Carragher, the Liverpool legend himself, is managing me. I'm not a Liverpool fan, Manchester United fan actually, but still being managed by someone like him is awesome.

January Update Season 2

View attachment 219170View attachment 219169

So we start the season of very well, grabbing two wins in the Capital One Cup to bring us into the third round. The best part about this for me was that I had scored four goals in two games, as well as by this point scoring two goals in the league from one start and one off the bench appearance. I was on fire, and desperately wanted to keep this form going.

View attachment 219168

Then this happened. After my quick six goals in four games for Sheffield, I didn't score again for the rest of the year and it's really effecting me. I'm only sixteen and I'm expected to be scoring week in week out. Not doing that, as well as the pressure fom the media about it, has given my confidence a serious hit.

View attachment 219167View attachment 219166

As you can see I'm coming along well as a player, but it's my goal scoring form that really concerns me. I scored those six goals in my first four games of the season, and in my sixteen subsequent appearances I haven't netted once. I'm very concerned about this, and hopefully I can score after January to get the media off my back.

As long as he's playing that's all that matters at 16!

If he's still scoring 6 a season at 20 that's when to worry lol

As long as he's playing that's all that matters at 16!

If he's still scoring 6 a season at 20 that's when to worry lol

Yep, definitely. Still a disappointment to go three months without scoring a single goal! I'll give you a sneak peak though, the rest of this season really doesn't go that well for me, but the following season is a very good one :D

End of Season Update Season 2

View attachment 219137

My season just gets wore. Out for seven weeks at the start of February, meaning I'll miss the rest of the month and most of March. This really is not my season so far.

View attachment 219136

Not much happens for the rest of the season. I do score some more gals, finally, but at the end of the season I get my first professional contract. Although not massive news as I am already a first team player for Sheffield.

View attachment 219135View attachment 219134

As I said before, I do score goals again.. Not a lot though, so still a very disappointing season for me. However, I have just turned 17 and completed my first season in the Championship, so I can't complain too much. Hopefully I can go upwards next season and make a mark.

View attachment 219133

A relatively poor season for us, only just avoiding relegation with a 20th place finish. Hopefully we can build on this for next season. I didn't move during the summer, so I will be spending next season with the blades.

Third Season Update

View attachment 218840View attachment 218839View attachment 218838

This will most likely be the shortest update I ever do for this. Nothing happened really. I played games and I scored goals. That is literally it. Nothing else of interest happened. I did manage a very good season though for Sheffield, scoring 19 goals in 42 appearances. I was very happy.

However, to make up for this short update my next update will be very son and detail the summer, which was full of transfer speculation and the Euro U19's Championships. I will be back very soon with that.

Third Season Summer

View attachment 218829

Going into the summer there was a lot of speculation linking me to fellow Championship side Middlesbrough. However, I was quick to come out and tell the fans of Sheffield United that I was perfectly happy and had no intention of leaving. Then, a few days later...

View attachment 218828

Yep, I did a full on Fabian Delph. They put in a bid for me, and I enter contract negotiations.

View attachment 218827View attachment 218826

Shortly after, I get called up to England's U19 squad for the Euros, and move to Middlesbrough. Less than a week after saying I wasn't moving. However, I've got to be honest I was happy. Middlesbrough are predicted a second placed finish next season and Premiership football after that, while Sheffield are destined for a mid table finish. However, the rest of the summer it was time to forget about club football and focus on the international stage.

View attachment 218825View attachment 218824View attachment 218819

We managed to qualify from our group with two sins and six points. I only played in two of the games, the 3-1 win over Denmark and the 3-1 win over France, between those games I scored 3 goals. When I didn't play, we lost 2-1. A sign perhaps?

View attachment 218818

I return to the team and grab a goal in our 2-1 semi final win over Italy! Onto the final!

View attachment 218817

I unfortunately did not play in this, but we still managed a 2-1 win over Germany to lift the trophy. My first international tournament, albeit at youth level, and I come away with a winners medal. I'm happy.

View attachment 218816View attachment 218815

And to round it all off, I come second in the race for the Golden Boot with 4 goals from 3 games, and am named in the substitutes of the dream team. I didn't set the world alight in this tournament, but I definitely showed my class and potential. Now it's time to knuckle down at my new club and try and make Middlesbrough a Premiership team for next season.

Season 4 January Update

View attachment 218792

I made my debut in a convincing 3-0 win for my team. I didn't do anything myself, but its great to get appearances and at this age just playing a game is just as important as playing well.

View attachment 218791

My first goal for the club cam in my second game, away from home against Crewe in the Capital One Cup. Great feeling to get my first goal for my new club.

View attachment 218790

Another great moment for e and my career, my first call up for the U21's. I'm very happy with how my career is progressing right now.

View attachment 218789

My first fantastic performance fr Middlesbrough, and arguably my best performance of my career so far.

View attachment 218788

And I get recognition for my good performances. My first young player of the month award (I think :D). Really hoping this is a sign of things to come this season and at this club.

View attachment 218787

And after my Young Player of the Month award, I go through a goal drought... I get a goal though, and hopefully I'm back on track now.

View attachment 218786

I return to my old club of Sheffield United, and I get two goals to help beat them. I like to think I celebrated upon my return to my old club :D

View attachment 218785

And another Young Playerof the Month award! Two of these before Christmas is very, very good for such a young player. I'm holding out hope for top goalscorer and young player of the year this season.

View attachment 218784

Very dissapointing for Middlesbrough. We were predicted to finish 2nd at the start of the season, and now at Christmas we sit in 17th... I would be doing better if I stayed at Sheffield.

View attachment 218783View attachment 218782

However, on a personal level this season is going great. 15 goals in 26 appearances, 14 of those in the league. Like I said above, aiming t be the top goalscorer in the division this season and if I continue like this I certainly can do it.

End of Season 4 Update

View attachment 218764

Another showcase of my abilities. I grabbed a brace and man of the match performance to lead our team to a vital three points as we strive to regain some pride with our current terrible form.

View attachment 218763

I'm 18 and broken Middlesbrough's goalscoring record for the season in February. I'm honestly starting to feel like I'm far too good for this team and need to be playing at a higher level.

View attachment 218762

Another month of good performances grabs me the March Young Player of the Month. Very happy to get it.

View attachment 218761

I finally end a long goal drought against Nottingham Forrest. I feel that obviously it is my fault for this drought, but also partly my sub par teams fault. I can only do so well if the rest of the team are not playing well.

View attachment 218760
View attachment 218759

I'm unhappy. It's clear to me here that the rest of the team are not good enough. They're not performing, and it's honestly hampering my own performance. Less than a year after signing for Middlesbrough, I want to move on. Hopefully I get sold in this transfer window. The ironic thing here is I moved to Middlesbrough as they were one of the favorites for the league and promotion. That's why I'd moved. However, if I had stayed at Sheffield United I would be playing in the premiership next season.

View attachment 218758View attachment 218757

I'm looking better as a player every update, and I didn't have a bad season. Finishing with 21 goals from a little under 50 appearances, as an 18 year old, is something I can be proud of. I didn't get the top goalscorer or Young Player of the Year as I hoped, but I did drop off in the second half of the season.

View attachment 218756

The news says it all. I truly am flattered that Premiership Southampton are interested in me. Hopefully they put in an offer.

View attachment 218755View attachment 218754

And, much to my pleasure, Southampton did put an offer on me. I can't believe I attracted an £8.25m price tag at this young an age, but I'm happy I've moved to the Premier League, and on £49k a week I'm quite a rich 18 year old :D

You have a nice career so far, i wonder if you end up at a top club in england or a club like Barcelona :).

You have a nice career so far, i wonder if you end up at a top club in england or a club like Barcelona :).

Thanks mate. I'd love to make it to a top club. Gotta perform in the premier league first though :D

Thanks mate. I'd love to make it to a top club. Gotta perform in the premier league first though :D

Always welcome to me, you're player profile reminds me on Luka Jovic. He is class i hope you will score a lot like he do. Goodluck in the Premier League :D

Season 5 January Update

View attachment 218713View attachment 218712

I made my Premier League and Southampton debut, and got my first goal for the club, in quick succession. I can't believe that I made my Premier League debut against my first club Sheffield United, but I did. And then getting my first goal in the 2nd Round of the Capital Once Cup to give us the win and kick off my Southampton career.

View attachment 218711

And then I get the best game, and experience, of my career so far. I pick up my first ever hattrick against one of the best sides in English football, Arsenal. If teams weren't aware of me before, they most definitely are now!

View attachment 218710View attachment 218709View attachment 218708View attachment 218707

Then this happens. I come runner up in the Young Player of the Month award for September, then proceed to win it in the following three month. I had to buy a new shelf to put these awards on!

View attachment 218706

Southampton are doing... okay. I knew when I joined they were a lower table team, just steering clear of relegation. The ironic thing is, if I had never left Sheffield United I would be higher up the Premier League table...

View attachment 218705

I would like to say thanks to Yeti for spotting in my last update that I had won a cap for England! I never got a notification in my inbox for this, so completely glossed over it last update.

View attachment 218704

Very happy with how I'm playing right now. 9 goals in 20 appearances, 16 of those starts, is something I can be proud of in a Premier League team.

Absolutely killing it!! Turning into a top striker too by the looks of it

Season 5 End of Season Update

View attachment 218605

This injury really ruins the end of my first season in the Premiership. An injury that will put me out for almost two months is bad, bu I think I've already proven myself this season. I can afford a break!

View attachment 218604

A decent 14th place finish for Southampton, and I did finish above my old club SHeffield United which makes me happy! Now my aim is to get fully fit for next season, and play even better than this one.

View attachment 218603

Unfortunately I messed up with the stats screenshot for this update, and going back and taking that screenshot would spoil the five seasons I've simmed through since this one. So I will have to just tell you the stats. I played 34 games this season, starting 23 of them. In that I got 15 goals, 14 in the league and 1 in the Capital Once Cup, as well as 2 assists, both in the league. I finished the season with an average rating of 6.93. Not an outstanding season, but a good one

Season 6 January Update

View attachment 218301View attachment 218298View attachment 218297

Three very good England performances for me in this half season, playing three times and scoring five goals for my country. I think I'll go after Wayne Rooney's record, which stands at 52 goals for England.

View attachment 218300View attachment 218299

I come 3rd in September Young Player of the Month and 2nd in October. Not amazing performances from me, but good.

View attachment 218296

I reject a new contract from Southampton. I like it here. Like the players, like the club, like the manager. I just want to be playing at a higher level.

View attachment 218295

Speaking of playing at a higher level, I won't be playing at all for tree whole months. In my head I like to think the that the owner of Southampton sent someone round to break my ankle for not signing the new contract. In reality, I suffered it in our game against West Ham. The player who did it could've been on Southampton's payroll though. Who knows?

View attachment 218294

We are sitting just above the relegation zone. It's frustrating, because with my injury I can't do anything to help us climb the table until I've recovered.

View attachment 218293View attachment 218292

Only 4 goals in 15 appearances so far this season. Not good. When I come back from injury, I need to be doing a lot better.

Season 6 End of Season Update

View attachment 218288View attachment 218287

After I return from my injury I come 3rd in Young Player of the Month two months in a row. It's the story of my season. I played decent, but nothing really good or outstanding. There's still plenty of time in my career to play like that though.

View attachment 218286

However, Southampton did improve quite a bit, managing to climb up the table from 17th to finishing in 13th. A respectable finish for us this season

View attachment 218285View attachment 218284

10 goals in 27 games. Nothing for me to add really that I didn't say earlier in this update. I had a decent season. Now I've got to look to next season, and the Euro's in the summer, to play well.